Author Topic: CTF_Ice Cliffs  (Read 1107 times)

Offline TheV

• Soldier
CTF_Ice Cliffs
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »

not waypointed...

=\

First map btw

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: CTF_Ice Cliffs
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:36:38 pm »
hmm, that's quite good for a first map. First off, the bottom part of the center pit is extremely thin. Give it some fat polygons so it looks more real and so the Soldat won't fall in between the two there.

Add some scenery, read this.

I see you have several polygons with little to no shading. Give each polygon shading, don't leave them at white on all three points.
There are other worlds than these

El_Spec

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 09:46:10 pm »
I suggest you change the texture.  Banana and Pistacja make a good combination.  Shading is quite good for a first map.  My other recommendations are the same as jrgps.

Offline TheV

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:09:16 pm »
The bottom to polygons do actually touch...

You just can't tell on the screen shot.

I will see what I can do with the scenery, and play with the shading some more...

I assumed you were talking about the polygons in the middle of the two large formations.

I didn't shade them.

Will work on it, thanks for the CnC.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 06:38:00 pm »
I think potato and...that other texture look dreadful together :(.

Looks rather simple.

Notta else to say. I'm listening to good music and don't feel like giving my whole big personal oppinion thing :-\. Um, good luck though, and looks like a decent map so far.

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 06:44:29 pm »
The thing about the 2 bottom polys is that they are so thin at the connection point it would be likely someone would fall through with ease. Probably would get stuck as well.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 06:44:44 pm »
is there the potato texture, I recon its awokado and some other, don't remember the name, its in polish 8-P.
Why would anyone go into the low middle part during a storming run for the flag, it will just slow you down.
the place where you put the vests should be deadly, or the flagguy will camp there with everybody else- moreover you could add a roof.
you could try adding scenery, you know, for no apparent reason.
You can probably spray the crap out of the opposing team while receiving a shower of bullets.

atleast the map's not polybugged