Author Topic: Inf_Eskizas  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Derik

• Major(1)
Inf_Eskizas
« on: January 06, 2008, 02:37:16 pm »
My first map in months  :) The screenshots aren't the best, but oh well.

Thanks to Gedazz for the idea/sketch for this map  :)
[/size]

Overview

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

I hope somebody uses this map in a server one day  ;D

Any comments or suggestions are very welcome  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 05:06:35 pm by Derik »
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
Re: Inf_Eskizas
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 03:47:52 pm »
Well, I have to say it's good for a first map. I like the shading and scenery placement. But the most I'm worried about in this map is spraying. On the left and on the right of the bunker the terrain is just so open that pople in the bunker (which looks nice, is it checked for polybugs?) have a great spot for spraying. You could alos add some laps and stars to make it look more "nightish". Other than that it looks great.
Text goes here...

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:07:58 pm »
Well, I'm not gunna lie, when I testing the map for glitch's, it was all too easy to cap. We were playing 2vs2 but still, game went by too fast, I'd say space out the flags even more.
Respect All
Fear None

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 06:13:10 am »
Use MM2.bmp for the underground background and MM1.bmp for the building's background. Amazingly obviously based off Industrial.

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 08:19:07 am »
I like it, though I know that the gameplay on this isn't the best. That's why I made the sketch and didn't continue. Nice job! I'm pleased with what was done out of my sketch! ;D
And you shouldn't have written "Thanks to Gedazz for the idea/sketch for this map" with such large font, make it smaller :)

Offline Derik

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 04:39:40 pm »
Use MM2.bmp for the underground background and MM1.bmp for the building's background. Amazingly obviously based off Industrial.

It's actually not base on industrial at all. I based it solely off of Gedazz's sketch. I just happened to use the same texture as industrial because it was the one that I thought looked the best. It just turned out looking similar, mainly because of the texture. But yeah, I just put MM1 and MM2 in and it looks a lot nicer  :P

And also, Rangedmage, I don't think the flags need to be spaced out more, because, yes they are fairly close, but there is also only one passage into the underground portion, which, if bravo has some sense, would be pretty easy to defend. I think I'll move the alpha flag to the left, at the top of the hill so it's a little bit harder.

Date Posted: January 07, 2008, 04:40:13 pm
UPDATE:

I changed the map, put MM1 and MM2 in the background of the building and the underground, and I moved the white flag to the top of the hill instead of the bottom.

I took off the old version of the map and put up the one with the changes ^
I didn't change the screenshots, because I'm pretty lazy, and I didn't change it very drastically. It's pretty much the same, so those pictures will do just fine

Date Posted: January 07, 2008, 05:08:55 pm
I like it, though I know that the gameplay on this isn't the best. That's why I made the sketch and didn't continue. Nice job! I'm pleased with what was done out of my sketch! ;D
And you shouldn't have written "Thanks to Gedazz for the idea/sketch for this map" with such large font, make it smaller :)

I made it big just to make sure you'd see it :)
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.