Author Topic: How to test scripts?  (Read 3573 times)

Offline rhide

• Major
  • Coffee-addict
    • Vrastar-Hai soldat clan
How to test scripts?
« on: January 07, 2008, 09:07:51 pm »
Hello again!

I have only 1 computer at home with a monitor, thus I cant start dedicated server with my scripts on one computer and connect from another.
Are there any way I could connect to my own computer, that is, have server and client on the same computer? Are there any other way I could test my scripts other than buying a new computer?

Thanks in advance!
Warning! Division by zero seriously injures yourself and the people in your surroundings.

Proud member of Vrastar-Hai:
http://www.guldheden.com/~erga050/vrastar-hai

Offline chrisgbk

• Veteran
Re: How to test scripts?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:11:53 pm »
Hello again!

I have only 1 computer at home with a monitor, thus I cant start dedicated server with my scripts on one computer and connect from another.
Are there any way I could connect to my own computer, that is, have server and client on the same computer? Are there any other way I could test my scripts other than buying a new computer?

Thanks in advance!

You can run the client and the dedicated server on the same computer, so long as you start the server before the client.

Offline rhide

• Major
  • Coffee-addict
    • Vrastar-Hai soldat clan
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 02:10:16 am »
That didnt work just before, but now it seems to be working fine..
I'm sorry for taking your time, and thanks for th answer!

Regards
Warning! Division by zero seriously injures yourself and the people in your surroundings.

Proud member of Vrastar-Hai:
http://www.guldheden.com/~erga050/vrastar-hai

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 06:36:32 am »
Hello again!

Thanks in advance!

You can run the client and the dedicated server on the same computer, so long as you start the server before the client.
May I ask why not to run the server before the client? I've done that tons of times without issues..

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 07:11:50 am »
If you use port 23073, the server will whine about the port being already in use.

Offline chrisgbk

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 05:19:47 pm »
Hello again!

Thanks in advance!

May I ask why not to run the server before the client? I've done that tons of times without issues..

If you use the default settings of fresh installs, and start the client BEFORE the server, the client will bind the socket and the server will be unable to recieve connections, due to it being not able to bind the socket. If you use customized settings it's not a problem, or if you start the server before the client it's fine.

Offline ZomgProniss

• Camper
  • Known ingame as Proniss
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 03:27:40 pm »
Hello again!

Thanks in advance!

buy "client" u mean the game soldat right?

Offline Boblekonvolutt

• Soldier
  • "YOU are a CAR."
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 03:31:52 pm »
Yes.