Author Topic: Cleaned up my desktop  (Read 2446 times)

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: Cleaned up my desktop
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 06:10:44 pm »
Ummm... What is Ubuntu anyways?

An operating system based on the Debian distribution of Linux.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 06:25:28 pm »
People who use Quicklaunch are Epic phail.  Use Object Bar. WAYY Better.
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 07:34:06 pm »
Ummm... What is Ubuntu anyways?
Free OS that can easily be described as the fix to everything bad about Windows, minus all the compatibility.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 09:33:04 pm »
If you don't have a server then you have no real reason to use Linux other than being a nerd-fag and trying to show off in front of other nerd-fags by having an 'indie' operating system which does nothing of great use.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 10:12:04 pm »
If you don't have a server then you have no real reason to use Linux other than being a nerd-fecker and trying to show off in front of other nerd-feckers by having an 'indie' operating system which does nothing of great use.
Not to start an argument, but that's completely untrue.  While there are a lot of fanboys that do show off with the whole "Linux Scene", Ubuntu is an excellent operating system all on it's own.  Until you've used it for more than three days as your primary operating system, I suggest you stop bad mouthing things you've probably never even thoroughly tested.  Ubuntu can do everything Windows can do, sometimes better.  One of the only real problems is compatibility.  Even at that, there are workarounds that make this a trivial issue for a good number of programs.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.