Author Topic: 1984 Was Not Supposed To Be An Instruction Manual  (Read 790 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
1984 Was Not Supposed To Be An Instruction Manual
« on: January 11, 2008, 02:25:28 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/11/real.id.ap/index.html

NO, it's not link dump material.  It's here to spark a discussion.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Kszchroink

• Soldier
  • black people
Re: 1984 Was Not Supposed To Be An Instruction Manual
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 02:53:38 pm »
so don't you feel like sparking the discussion with your own input?
YOU! SHOOK ME ALLLL NIIIGHT LONG - Kurt Cobain
WHO TOOK MY AVATAR I'LL FIND MY AVATAR - Kurt Cobain

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 04:26:52 pm »
so don't you feel like sparking the discussion with your own input?

I like to see what other people think before I present my stance on an issue.  I don't want to guide the discussion one way or another.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 04:45:05 pm »
* bja888 is still trying to find time to read 1948

* bja888 thinks bush is in his own little world where he is supreme commander

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 06:53:28 pm »
1184 was a fecking great album and i think it was a great instruction manual on how to wage war and overthrow a monarch

edit: since 1184 is a very obscure album and is almost unheard of by most people i have decided to review it in this thread because i feel it is appropriate.

1184 is the third album by windir, the greatest fuckin' band ever. basically it's an awesome album, and it's about war and stuff, coz that's what the guy sings about. he acutally doesn't sing much he growls most of the time, but there's keyboards in the background, i think this is the first album where he does it. also the guitars are more awesome and they are a lot crunchier than the previous two albums, Soknardalr and Arntor. also while the singer usually sings on some of the albums on this one it is done by guest vokillist cosmo kramer.

basically all the albums are standard metal and have stuff like guitars and drums, but there's also a keyboard and i think he uses an accordian in the song i am listening to now, because it's folky. i don't understand norwegian but i'm guessing he sings about destroying orcs and stuff because that stuff is pretty cool, and these songs sound pretty cool too. also one of the songs is called hydra and i think that was a greek orc thing.

to sum up i don't know what the album has to do with ids but if they want to give ids that play music in memorial of valfar then that's pretty cool, because he was a cool norwegian guy, who died of hypthermia from being too cool
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 03:28:41 am by frogboy »

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 08:10:40 pm »
* bja thinks trying to be funny will let him make a retarded statement and not back it up with anything.

* bja will go jump off a cliff later.
@ii