What should i do next?(be honest)

continue mapping and improve my work?
23 (46%)
Stop mapping because I Fecking suck?
9 (18%)
Spend more time on my maps?
18 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Tw_Winter Assault *Updated  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
Re: Tw_Winter Assault *Updated
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 07:08:40 pm »
This is ahorible TW map . You got a sniperline right across the whole map. Plus other problems.

Add some Trenches on that hill or it's basically 1 sided, you won't make it up that hill, unless you are playing against retards.

Don't worry about how realistic it looks at first, If the game play is feck it doesn't matter how good it looks.
You are 1 stupid kid Aaron. First of all, its a tw map. which means they're ARE sniper lines. gloryhill, tw_Myst, and anyother stupid tw map has that. Just fecking deal with it Aaron. You think we could make our battle fields out of polygons in WW2?NO, we had to deal with it. The gameplay looks fine, its just a little ugly thats all,

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 08:20:12 pm »
It's too one sided, you need to add a little bit more onto > side after the hill so it's not slaughter for the other team.
Lol, internets.

Offline Se!kA

• Soldier
  • Leet'n'Sweet
    • Se!kA.rox.pl
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2007, 12:00:41 pm »
Pretty nice. Just like Langrange style (i like it). But there is one thing that makes this map crappy in my eyes.

I mean all this black area. It looks like unfinished. Anyways gj.

Offline Szewczuq

• Soldier
  • WOOH! ROCKS ON MY HEAD!
    • POLISH GAMERS COMMUNITY
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 04:52:55 pm »
yaay! tw gj nice map :D

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 05:47:03 pm »
I'm gonna be blunt.

Chapter I. Layout:
why the hell is one side of the map lower than the other, ever heard of HEIGHT ADVANTAGE?
that hill on the right, it is like lagrange, wonderful, BUT, since this map is TRENCHWARS, you actually have to put up colliders and bulletblockers.
This map lacks hills and curves, too many straight lines- it looks like a titless broad.

Chapter II. Visuals:
Those bunkers- outposts have non- symmetrical walls = ugly
sorry, gray grass does not grow on SNOW nor ROCK.
trees do not grow on ROCK.
the design of everything is just plain ugly- I'm not going to discuss that, you'll notice it soon enough- it's nothing to be proud of.
the bright brown background scenery for the tunnels is WRONG and UGLY. It is too bright for its own good.
the camonets look overstretched- do something about it.
the shading is too drastic- I mean you shade the supporting pillars roughly black- it looks relentlessly horrid, sorry, try using dark-grey or something, some places are just shaded completely wrong.
how high are you to make clouds as bright as a "line" (cocaine)?

Scrape out all the constructive criticism and make a whole list. You need to do more homework on other maps and mapping overall. Currently you suck, don't even look this way until you make something worthwile. This here piece of digits and letter is probably the advice you should take, because the approvals of some pretty lousy mappers is not going to get you further than your nose.

Don't take it personally.
Peace.

Conclusion:
P.S.:you should dump this map, take a notebook, sketch something complex there and then start executing your plan.

and btw, if you post a whiny post like this: "I cannot use polyworks and blablabla you suck and I'm a great mapper and this map rocks and you shouldn't bring me down," after this post of mine, then you just shove it, cause I don't care 8), it will just show you how much of a weakling you really are, I'm a very mean but rational person and I have a right to be one. If you can't, try it, experience comes with time and effort. But hey, you shouldn't care much, cause mappers don't get paid and you can forget all about this. Oh and just in case you start requesting polyworks help from me, I'll probably ignore it 8)

Don't take this too close to your heart, remember, I'm just one person and this is one of an endless numbers of opinions.
Don't cry, if you do, talk to your mother, you'll feel better.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:40:20 pm by Horve »

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 06:39:12 pm »
Looks great but while playing, can you see that big cloud above you?

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 06:43:16 pm »
No, you can't see it unless you zoom with sniper...

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 07:47:23 am »
I'm gonna be blunt.

Chapter I. Layout:
why the hell is one side of the map lower than the other, ever heard of HEIGHT ADVANTAGE?
that hill on the right, it is like lagrange, wonderful, BUT, since this map is TRENCHWARS, you actually have to put up colliders and bulletblocker up.
This map lacks hills and curves, too many straight lines- it looks like a titless broad.

Chapter II. Visuals:
Those bunkers- outposts have non- symmetrical walls = ugly
sorry, gray grass does not grow on SNOW nor ROCK.
trees do not grow on ROCK.
the design of everything is just plain ugly- I'm not going to discuss that, you'll notice it soon enough- it's nothing to be proud of.
the bright brown background scenery for the tunnels is WRONG and UGLY. It is too bright for its own good.
the camonets look overstretched- do something about it.
the shading is too drastic- I mean you shade the supporting pillars roughly black- it looks relentlessly horrid, sorry, try using dark-grey or something, some places are just shaded completely wrong.
how high are you to make clouds as bright as a "line" (cocaine)?

Scrape out all the constructive criticism and make a whole list. You need to do more homework on other maps and mapping overall. Currently you suck, don't even look this way until you make something worthwile. This here piece of digits and letter is probably the advice you should take, because the approvals of some pretty lousy mappers is not going to get you further than your nose.

Don't take it personally.
Peace.

Conclusion:
P.S.:you should dump this map, take a notebook, sketch something complex there and then start executing your plan.

and btw, if you post a whiny post like this: "I cannot use polyworks and blablabla you suck and I'm a great mapper and this map rocks and you shouldn't bring be down," after this post of mine, then you just shove it, cause I don't care 8), it will just show you how much of a weakling you really are, I'm a very mean but rational person and I have a right to be one. If you can't, try it, experience comes with time and effort. But hey, you shouldn't care much, cause mappers don't get paid and you can forget all about this. Oh and just in case you start requesting polyworks help from me, I'll probably ignore it 8)

Don't take this too close to your heart, remember, I'm just one person and this is one of an endless numbers of opinions.
Don't cry, if you do, talk to your mother, you'll feel better.
thanks vig! ill take a note of what you said in my next map. again this was my first attempt on polyworks and a TW map. just looking for constructive critisism. =)
Holy Poop!

Offline -Aaron-

• Major
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 01:20:39 am »
This is ahorible TW map . You got a sniperline right across the whole map. Plus other problems.

Add some Trenches on that hill or it's basically 1 sided, you won't make it up that hill, unless you are playing against retards.

Don't worry about how realistic it looks at first, If the game play is feck it doesn't matter how good it looks.
You are 1 stupid kid Aaron. First of all, its a tw map. which means they're ARE sniper lines. gloryhill, tw_Myst, and anyother stupid tw map has that. Just fecking deal with it Aaron. You think we could make our battle fields out of polygons in WW2?NO, we had to deal with it. The gameplay looks fine, its just a little ugly thats all,

Woah Did you just compair a game to real life? LOL! Did we spawn again 5 seconds after we died in WW2? NO.

Myst sucks for the same reason this map will suck. Glory you don't have a snipe line to the others base. The map is really one sided.
Quote from: LeetFidle
WTF are you talking bout?! ww2 is fiction feckergot.

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 10:16:56 am »
he didnt compare the game to real life he compared it to the trenches of ww2. as these maps are based on.
Holy Poop!

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 11:06:59 pm »
Woah Did you just compair a game to real life? LOL! Did we spawn again 5 seconds after we died in WW2? NO.
Did we fecking have lag and max player amount in WW2? Stfu and shoot yourself you useless spec of dandruff.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 11:45:32 pm »
Did we fecking have lag and max player amount in WW2? Stfu and shoot yourself you useless spec of dandruff.
wtf I think you missed his point...
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline -Aaron-

• Major
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 04:35:21 pm »
he didnt compare the game to real life he compared it to the trenches of ww2. as these maps are based on.

Well comparing it to trenches of WWII wait.... WWI Not WWII would be comparing it to something in real life.

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 10:31:05 am »

Well comparing it to trenches of WWII wait.... WWI Not WWII would be comparing it to something in real life.
Holy Poop!

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 11:03:45 am »
ww2 is fiction feckergot.

ROTFL! ;D Quote of year...

Trenchwar was WWI. WWII was "mobile" there was blitzkrieg tactic (or how to write it) so everything happend fast. Battles were fast and there wasn't static battles like in WWI.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:07:03 am by PaFel »

Offline -Aaron-

• Major
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 04:40:22 pm »
ww2 is fiction feckergot.

ROTFL! ;D Quote of year...

Trenchwar was WWI. WWII was "mobile" there was blitzkrieg tactic (or how to write it) so everything happend fast. Battles were fast and there wasn't static battles like in WWI.

That is a quote of year.

And yes you are right, atleast you know what you are talking about unlike other people here.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 05:27:26 pm »
You guys complain and argue too much. Arguments over the internet never get anywhere...Have you peoples not learned that yet?

Leetfiddle, go update your map so we have something better to talk about.

Offline Splinter-Snake

• Soldier
  • One must die, and one must live.
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2008, 10:24:19 pm »
You guys complain and argue too much. Arguments over the internet never get anywhere...Have you peoples not learned that yet?

Yes they do.

Rebuttal?