Author Topic: Access violation, single player (was:i can't play)  (Read 670 times)

Offline kozhell

• Major(1)
Access violation, single player (was:i can't play)
« on: January 13, 2008, 06:18:07 am »
whenever i want to play a singleplayer game, it shows me this error:

what is the problem?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 12:06:35 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
Re: i can't play
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:24:01 am »
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=22843.0
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=22585.0

Try looking at answers in those threads, otherwise i've no idea what's wrong.
Lol, internets.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: i can't play
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 12:06:12 pm »
Please create your threads with better subject lines.  Threads with subjects like "bug" "help" "lol" "omg"  "HELP PLEASE" and others don't indicate anything about the content of your thread. 

Creating a thread with a more descriptive topic helps in multiple ways:
- It makes people more likely to check your thread if they know what it is about.
- It allows people with the same problem to find your thread more easily both on the forums by browsing and searching, as well as on Google and other search engines
- It overall makes the forums a much more useful knowledgebase

Thanks.

Offline matt2

• Major(1)
Re: Access violation, single player (was:i can't play)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 06:47:50 pm »
hi guys,

ive the same problem but also for multiplayer... my version is the official installer, no cheats or hacks or whatever in use... everytime i try to connect to a server it shows me this error message above that Nequinox posted... i can click ok, and it pops up again, and again... the game is in a dead state alltho i can still here the sound... i can only terminate the game with the task manager.... i run xp now... i had 98 before and had crashes with the game on regular basis, but not like this.

one server is an exception tho. If i logon to the "FA Decaying Zombie" i dont get this error instantly, but when i try to post a message it appears. If i click the ok button repeatedly like 30 times it disappears eventually and i could write some text and continue playing after that.

But even when i dont try to write any text the server kicks me when map changes, but not with this error, as i recall, but with a battle-eye thing, that kicks me for some bad package or something. Im banned then for no good reason.

Ive tried a couple of things, like stuff i read in the FAQ, but nothing seems to make the game run any better. I like the game, but until this problem is fixed i cant play it.

Edit: hurray! ive found a solution to the problem, some guy posted on the german "selfkill"- soldat page. You have to right click on soldat icon -> properties ->compatibility ...change the mode to windows 98/me and it will run.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 11:25:21 pm by matt2 »