Author Topic: Day of the Dead - Mercs vs Undead  (Read 8591 times)

Offline Mr Pink

• Major(1)
Day of the Dead - Mercs vs Undead
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:02:01 am »
Script Name: Day of the Dead - Mercs vs Undead
Script Description: Mercenaries vs the undead. If the mercs take damage then they contract the undead virus and after a random period of time the infected merc joins the undead side. The undead side begins with several undead bots or can opt for human vs human game.
Original Author(s): Well.. pretty much everyone who submits code here! I have learnt from you all thanks!! Particular notes go to:
Sai`ke for his bot spawning, stat gun moving and server messages code and all the other code you gave me which helped my learning!
DorkeyDear for his medic script
Avarax for his bullet nova script
PerroAZUL for his bullet text script
Toumaz for his counter-strike script
And I cant remember if I started my kill spree from scratch or borrowed the code! so thanks to all kill spree writer's!
... and special thanks to the N/A crew who survived the testing, including Vice for weaopons mod help and Arthain for scripting help!
Core Version: 2.6.3 (windows tested only!)

Full explanation:
mercs:
-money script (/buy <item>  using 3 letters or more), money earned for kills, caps, grabs, returns, first kill and spree multiplier. Purchases include:
health pack
cluster pack
flamer (not the god mode) - duration until you die
vest
pred
tactical air strike ('s' to use)
stat guns - that can be moved - duration approx 1 min
incendiary ammo - ignites your victim -duration until you die
-1 team medic that auto heals nearby mercs when stationary
-when a player takes damage they are infected, after random period of 90 -120 seconds they get shifted to the zombie team.
-on cap the team gets the virus vaccine which cures all currently infected mercs and brings the last turned player back to the mercs.

Undead:
-saw, Ribs (knives) and fist only
-all damage taken approx halved
-weapon damage 150% fist 400%
-autogenerate health
-health leeched on damage
-3 bonus powers on kill counts:
1. 2 phase rib (knife) spawn which auto shoots knives when the enemy is close, duration X1.
2. exploding corpse (like tw mines) any kills added to the corpse owner, duration X1.
3. Zombie spawn - spawns 2 Rib (knife) zombies at players position. Your zombies kills = your kills. zombies live for 1 minute and are then kicked.

-random power to random zombie every 2 mins if > 4 players
-on zombie cap the capping zombie gets 10 secs invulnerability

nextmap occurs on defeat of merc's (all zombies) or cap limit reached.

undead are autobalanced based on human players in the server

Required/recommended server settings
ctf
realistic on
anticheat off (to avoid flame weapon kicks)
grenades off
recommend 16 players (humans + bots)

zombie maps (like vices Xomborgunity) or maps without jets such as tw maps make things very difficult for the mercs. Vanilla ctf make things easier for the mercs.

A few of the features can be turned on and off (by admin in game or in the server activate code) and values changed, I am not sure how robust it is but hopeful it all works XD

The script uses a custom weapons mod... but just replace it with your own devilish devices!!
(replace weapons_undead.ini)

Unfortunately it does seem to suffer from the odd access violations under windows server and is completely untested on other server types... but I consider it very much still a work in progress so you are welcome to report any found bugs, post comments and suggestions.

Most importantly I hope you enjoy it as I have! XD

version 2.3 10/02/07
-fixed bugs (bot balancing, statistics, health regen +more)
-added flame above infected players heads
-removed player balancing in human vs human due to bugs
-reduced zombie toughness

version 2.2 26/01/07
-added round player statistics (kills, deaths, suicides, money)
-loads of bug fixes

version 2.1 21/01/07
-added primary weapons to the /buy options
-added an optional tactical air strike which bombards a short distance infront of the player
-added weapons_undead.ini loads on first player joining the server
-some bug fixing

version 2 17/01/07
-added option to make humans vs humans (humansonly := true in activate server code)
-added option to show 60,30,20, and 10  second countdown for player until turned to undead
-set full ammo on pickup of saw for zombies
-doubled zombie health regen

Server running in NZ - 60.234.73.179:23073
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 04:28:44 am by Mr Pink »

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
Re: Day of the Dead - Mercs vs Undead
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:20:16 am »
Lol, didn't expect this so soon. I was going to create somethoing similar to this (a zombie script) (except only humans), but never got around to it..
Good job, definitely going to check this out.

Offline Mr Pink

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:02:55 pm »
I was going to create somethoing similar to this (a zombie script) (except only humans), but never got around to it..

Hmmm if this otherwise suits your needs it probably wouldn't be too difficult to modify it to be purely humans, with say a 2 to 1 base ratio of zombies to mercs... if I have time I'll look into it.

Offline vice

• Major(1)
  • woo!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 10:06:11 pm »
Woo Go pink! The infection idea is really clever and increases the sense of urgency once you've been killed! Keep up the good work. : D
~:: ::~
::RIP::
2004-2005

Offline Beasticly

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:03:04 pm »
Woo, this is awesome! Any chance of setting up a server with it and vice's map, it'd put so much more importance on not dieing.

The only thing I did notice is that sometimes maps finish really fast. A few times I'd saved up for a stat gun and then the round ended. :(

Offline Mr Pink

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 04:32:36 am »
I was going to create somethoing similar to this (a zombie script) (except only humans), but never got around to it..

Hmmm if this otherwise suits your needs it probably wouldn't be too difficult to modify it to be purely humans, with say a 2 to 1 base ratio of zombies to mercs... if I have time I'll look into it.

Have updated the script for this. I have done my best to allow human vs human hopefully everything is still working under each option. To get a human vs human server just set humansonly := true in the activate server code.

Any chance of setting up a server with it and vice's map, it'd put so much more importance on not dieing.

The only thing I did notice is that sometimes maps finish really fast. A few times I'd saved up for a stat gun and then the round ended. :(

I can't personally set up a server with custom maps.

Maps can fly by, the best money winners are caps and racking up a kill spree.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 04:11:00 pm by Mr Pink »

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 06:25:12 pm »
any server running this?
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 02:09:09 pm »
I am trying to run a "humans only server" but it crashes. Before the crash I see an error like this:
NumPlayers 9left4right7 or
NumPlayers 9left6right3

I like this script but can't run a server if it crashes, Mr.Pink maybe you could join #lrs ? We could talk about it there.

Offline Mr Pink

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 07:06:09 am »
any server running this?

There is a server in New Zealand (first post) however its probably only suitable if your in the southern hemisphere for pings.

I am trying to run a "humans only server" but it crashes. Before the crash I see an error like this:
NumPlayers 9left4right7 or
NumPlayers 9left6right3

I like this script but can't run a server if it crashes, Mr.Pink maybe you could join #lrs ? We could talk about it there.

Thanks Leo chatting with you was very helpful in uncovering some bugs! Hopefully this will be solved as I have made a few bug fixes in this area... time will tell XD

I am still having probs with the weapon change procedure so i am not that hopeful.. If anyone can spot the problem yell out!

Updated the script as in the first post.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 07:08:25 am by Mr Pink »

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
  • Can't be arsed to remove christmas avatar
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 09:55:15 am »
I am still having probs with the weapon change procedure so i am not that hopeful.. If anyone can spot the problem yell out!
Hmm? What kind of problems?
#soldat.ttw #ttw.gather --- Quakenet!
http://ttwforums.com

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 12:00:02 pm »
Still crashing when someone join Bravo team.

18:58:27) zombieadd:2player:the lord of.....
(18:58:28) the lord of..... has joined bravo team.
(18:58:28) NumPlayers 16left5right9
(18:58:28) Shutting down server...
(18:58:29) Shutting down fileserver...

Also I noticed the zombies can choose primary weapons sometimes ? Bad idea.  :(
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 12:02:33 pm by Leo »

Offline Mr.Spoon

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 01:11:36 pm »
The thing with the primaries seemed to happen only when a player joined, so it's not that bad.

What is, though, is that in the playersonly-mode, the script forgets about bots it created and never gets rid of them sometimes. And, after sometime, it says that there are already enough zombies, even though there's one zombie and 5 mercs.

[Edit] Oh, i nearly forgot... really nice script, all in all, and something very nice to play in between rough CTF matches [/Edit]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:48:54 pm by Mr.Spoon »

Offline Mr Pink

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 04:04:58 pm »
Hmm? What kind of problems?

Usually the script crashes after an apponidle or weaponchange procedure error, I think the common one is global variable out of range. I'll get a few of the errors and send them though to you.

Thanks Leo and Mr Spoon for running it and reporting those bugs I''ll look into it.

Offline Mr.Spoon

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 06:29:10 pm »
Heh... well, it's only Leo running it, i just play there  ::)

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
  • Can't be arsed to remove christmas avatar
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 07:49:46 pm »
Global variable out of range? Do you check whether a player is active before asking stuff with GetPlayerStat about him?
#soldat.ttw #ttw.gather --- Quakenet!
http://ttwforums.com

Offline Mr Pink

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 07:43:57 am »
Modified variables, added some more checks and generally tried anything to reduce the bugs! hopefully it solves the issues!

Also added player stats collecting within the current round, the player with the highest in each stat is displayed at the end of the round.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 08:14:56 am by Mr Pink »

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 06:16:33 am »
Gawdammit... and there I was making a script that also had infection (well... I haven't worked on it for months)...
Oh well, you beat me too it.

Server doesn't seem to be up though?
-=Gradius wuz you=-

Offline Mr Pink

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 01:52:56 am »
Server is 24/7... it is possible the script may not be though.

Thanks for the advice sai'ke, I revamped most of the active and alive checking. It seems to have done the trick with the script being more stable. Have done some other minor bug fixes, added infected get a flame burst above their head so that other team members can see whos infected. Reduced zombie toughness and added another tier to bot balancing.

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 10:45:49 am »
ummm, the script is preventing me from loading maps. I just get map load error 103 when i run the script, and when i take it out, my maps load fine. What am I doing wrong here?
"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/