Author Topic: I'm missing something... What are clans for?  (Read 2351 times)

Offline btfx

• Major
I'm missing something... What are clans for?
« on: January 16, 2008, 07:43:41 pm »
EDIT: Thanks for the explanations guys.

Sorry, I never played MMO games much, can someone tell me what the hell clan members do? I understand people join clans with a high reputation to show that they are good, but why not just be good by yourself?

The only thing that makes sense to me is knowing that your teammates are about as good/experienced as you are in CTF games.

So what am I missing?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:18:55 pm by btfx »

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
Re: I'm missing something... What are clans for?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:13:44 pm »
people join clans because they are different from just joining a server with a bunch of randoms.
And when you compete at a clan level (Yes compete) you play in tournaments and against other clans, it's almost a whole new experience.
Lol, internets.

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 03:23:59 am »
people join clans because they are different from just joining a server with a bunch of randoms.
And when you compete at a clan level (Yes compete) you play in tournaments and against other clans, it's almost a whole new experience.

Not only tournaments but other clans can have a scrim (war) with each such as 3v3 2v2 4v4 2v2v2 and clans can vary from sawing clans, R/S clans to normal ctf clans.

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 12:27:41 pm »
btfx, this is why you join clans.

http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?board=16.0
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 12:40:02 pm »
Well, for starters, you can become a much better player if you play in a clan than by going solo. That goes for almost any decent game out there, hence all the big fuss around sponsored teams and players at e-sports cups.

It's rather simple. If you play with a clan, you're likely to play against better players, and three or more of them at the same time. You will need to improve yourself if you want to overcome them, and from tougher opponents you'll learn to play better.

The other part is even better. A good clan is composed of a bunch of good e-buddies, who have laughs when playing with each other - thus clan wars can become both competitive and fun. Ventrilo or TeamSpeak is bound to be hilarious with the right people!

Offline btfx

• Major
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 03:18:16 pm »
Thanks, I think I get it.

Offline Jonny-Central

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:47:04 pm »
woozies

Offline Shiny Pennies!

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 10:59:37 am »
I made a clan once, it hada few members in it, then it died. Now i kill people by myself, and i prefer it that way. Clans are really just if you like having  giant wars. Thats what i think. but when i made a new type of clan, it FAILED.
w000