Author Topic: Rambo  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Rambo
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:05:52 am »
I just saw this movie with a friend of mine. Its the best action movie in a long time. Within the first minute you get the feeling there is a general theme of dead people all around with this movie. Its so much death Hitler would be jealous. This movie includes a missionary getting blown to pieces by a mortar, a man getting blown to bits by a 50 cal not one foot away from him, and to top it all off... just to let you know the movie is not messing around... it tosses a baby into a fire.  That is just the tip of the iceberg. Not to mention Sly looks like he could rip your spine out with only two fingers. Go see this movie.
@ii

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: Rambo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:08:38 am »
Hows the gore? Reasonable or more than needed?

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:10:38 am »
Thanks. It's been all over the news, the late night shows, the newspaper. I've been wondering for a while whether or not that Sylvester might make a great comeback, partially because of the doubt(s) I have about his age.

It's not playing in our nearest theater, since that said theater only gets the movies that have been premiered months later. Oh well. Patience. *sigh*

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 03:10:56 am »
Hows the gore? Reasonable or more than needed?
I could have used more but to the average person I think its just below too much. I could be wrong.. whatever limbs flying off people would fall under.
@ii

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 04:58:52 am »
I loved the original rambos and i'm sure i'll love this one too, but i don't know when it's being released in Australia.
Lol, internets.

El_Spec

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 10:07:55 am »
It was sort of dis-sappointing and is terrible compared to the other Rambo's.  What really needed improvement was the plot, and really was the reason why it wasn't as good as it could have been.

Overall, I have to give this movie a 6/10.  It needed improvements and could have really been better.  But since the ending action sequence was so bloody and kickass, got to bump it up to a 7/10 just for that.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:51:30 am »
The trailer looks great.

Rambo 2 and 3 were absolutely rubbish. The first one is brilliant.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 11:24:50 am »
I soiled myself when I saw the trailer.. I can't wait to see the full movie.

GO SLY!!
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 12:45:53 pm »
It was sort of dis-sappointing and is terrible compared to the other Rambo's.  What really needed improvement was the plot, and really was the reason why it wasn't as good as it could have been.

Overall, I have to give this movie a 6/10.  It needed improvements and could have really been better.  But since the ending action sequence was so bloody and kickass, got to bump it up to a 7/10 just for that.
No legendary action film had a good plot. Think about Predator... paper thin plot and 2d characters.
@ii

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 01:20:41 pm »
No legendary action film had a good plot. Think about Predator... paper thin plot and 2d characters.

Yeah Bill Duke was pretty much the only real actor in Predator.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 03:38:40 pm »
It was sort of disappointing and is terrible compared to the other Rambo's.  What really needed improvement was the plot, and really was the reason why it wasn't as good as it could have been.

None of the Rambo movies (except the first) had a plot beyond "kill communists."  Heck, the third movie was just "help Osama bin Ladin."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 03:43:04 pm by {LAW} Gamer_2k4 »
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Nems

• Major(1)
  • The anti-myth rhythm rock shocker.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 04:06:51 pm »
I saw it on Friday. Oh my god I was laughing so hard on the dumb asians trying to climb up the hill while Rambo fired that .50 Cal at them.

I also loved the Barrett pr0n in that movie.

My favorite part of that movie was when that missionary was under the house to hide from the mortar, and then he tries to run, and gets blown to fucking pieces.
poop

Offline GunPowder

• Major
  • That's all folks.
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 04:33:24 pm »
Saw the trailer, looks like a great movie, hollywood'd better make more macho movies like these, I especially like the tagline : "Heroes never die.... They just reload." my new favorite semi-smartass quip.

El_Spec

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 05:42:55 pm »
It was sort of dis-sappointing and is terrible compared to the other Rambo's. What really needed improvement was the plot, and really was the reason why it wasn't as good as it could have been.

Overall, I have to give this movie a 6/10. It needed improvements and could have really been better. But since the ending action sequence was so bloody and kickass, got to bump it up to a 7/10 just for that.

T2 had a well-thought out plot.

But I can see where you are going with that.  About 90% of good action films I've ever seen had a plot, but were a terrible one.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 05:53:55 pm »
I saw it on Friday. Oh my god I was laughing so hard on the dumb asians trying to climb up the hill while Rambo fired that .50 Cal at them.

My favorite part of that movie was when that missionary was under the house to hide from the mortar, and then he tries to run, and gets blown to fecking pieces.

You're messed up.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 06:38:18 pm »

My favorite part of that movie was when that missionary was under the house to hide from the mortar, and then he tries to run, and gets blown to fecking pieces.

You're messed up.

Also, Aliens had a pretty good plot. T2 and Aliens were both Cameron movies, though...

As for the new Rambo, I was sort of curious before, but these mentions of what seems like gore for the sake of gore is dissuading me. I see few things more pointless.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 10:43:27 pm »
As for the new Rambo, I was sort of curious before, but these mentions of what seems like gore for the sake of gore is dissuading me. I see few things more pointless.

Gore is the major reason you should watch any movie.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 10:57:30 pm »

Gore is the major reason you should watch any movie.

If all you want is gore, watch war documentaries/footage. Doesn't get more brutal or realistic than that.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:59:14 pm by Svirin Kerath »

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 11:06:12 pm »
Who ever said it was about "brutality" or "realism".

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 01:16:36 am »
How do you define gore? And I use brutal in the broader sense. Like, "Man, that test was brutal!"