Author Topic: Slight zoom during crouch to compensate for low LOS  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
Slight zoom during crouch to compensate for low LOS
« on: January 21, 2008, 01:31:40 pm »
Since Soldat is 2-D, the line of sight has been compromised since its own existence. (BRING ON THE FLAMING SOLDAT COMMUNITY!) It would be a little better, if....
BIG SEX
Just wanted to get your attention.

When we crouched/proned, we had about a 5-7 meter zoom(Which If you don't know is about 3 Soldat steps.)
 If the Community wants it, it could be done by standing up(Via.Lining up the sight) but slowing down walking movement. The purpose of this is to balance out the dead lack of the amount that you can see in 2D games. It's already so popular in so many other 3d shooters.
(No, they will not have the bullet cam function, and standing up zoom will not work with the barrett if it is implemented.)

Also, remember, the soldat community may mend  this suggestion themselves to whatever seems more practical, so give me some feed back please.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:44:02 pm by Thinkto urself »

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
Re: Slight zoom during crouch to compens...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 02:11:54 pm »
Eh im not 100% against the idea but honestly, i have no problem with the LOS now. Barrett = Zoom... thats how it should stay.

f11.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:44:02 am »
Scopes are for sniper rifles. We don't really need an aim-down-the-sight system for a 2D game. F11
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 01:38:15 pm »
(BRING ON THE FLAMING SOLDAT COMMUNITY!)

Comments like this make me want to hit you.

Offline japes

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 01:51:03 pm »
I like being able to see my character, Even when he's standing still

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
Re: Slight zoom during crouch to compensate for low LOS
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 07:39:05 am »
No, sorry i don't like it, It doesn't seem like it fits soldat, if it only zooms when standing still or walking slowly, it gives people an incentive to camp with a ruger on realistic or a law, Because as a camper they've got the upper hand, and besides soldat is a fast paced action shoot em up game not a low, walk in the park so i can zoom a little game.
Lol, internets.