Author Topic: Show Capture on "Kill Chart"  (Read 3089 times)

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: Show Capture on "Kill Chart"
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 11:13:27 am »
Yes please.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 12:12:08 pm »
Wow EnEsCe great! Finally! xD

Offline Pragma

• Soldier
  • Blood, Guts and Gunsmoke
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 12:50:56 pm »
Thanks all for the positive feedback on this idea.  ;D

From what I understood, he's asking that the killscore and the capscore be kept seperate. As it is now, if a person has 25+ kills it's impossible to tell wether that guy actually killed that amount of people or if he scored.

That's not quite the point, but worth mentioning.  I agree that it would be nice to see captures as a separate metric. 

Really what I was thinking of was seeing *who* managed to capture the flag in real time, so that you know who to gun for, or who to protect/support next time.  Right now, if you're in the middle of the map during a capture, you don't have a clue who did what.

Even if"Bravo team scores" was amended to "echo_trail scores for Bravo" or somesuch, it would be an improvement.

He wants captures displayed in the kill console. I say this would be a really simple and useful feature that would enrich soldats gameplay <3

Okay, so it's called the "Kill Console"?  I didn't know it had a name.  Anyway, that's exactly what I'm talking about.  Just a name, a picture of a flag next to it, and maybe how many caps they have, streaming along with all the other brutality that the players are dishing out.  That's all. :)

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.  Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 12:52:50 pm »
"Even if"Bravo team scores" was amended to "echo_trail scores for Bravo" or somesuch, it would be an improvement."
Wait, doesn't it allready say that? I believe so, in the upper left corner..

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X   :-*

WooHooooo! fecking nice! That's the best news we've had in a while..
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:54:48 pm by echo_trail »
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Vilho

• Soldier
  • Scandinavian
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 12:56:13 pm »
I thought that we're never being listened to.

Way to go, E!

Offline Pragma

• Soldier
  • Blood, Guts and Gunsmoke
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 01:00:23 pm »

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Fantastic teaser there.  I see that you guys are compiling the next release with the seldom used "--awesome" flag.  Carry on.

"Even if"Bravo team scores" was amended to "echo_trail scores for Bravo" or somesuch, it would be an improvement."
Wait, doesn't it allready say that? I believe so, in the upper left corner..

Honestly, I thought it didn't.  My eyes are usually parsing the Kill Console.  I'll have to look for that next time.

Edit:

Wait, do you mean the chat console?  If so, I think it's debatable if that's the best place for this information.  Quake used to do *everything* through chat, but since Soldat has the Kill Console broken out, we have a very nice and useful separation of concerns at work.  I think it would enhance things greatly to see caps moved over to the Kill Console, since it's more of a real-time performance notification than a chat message.

Also, the chat console gets abused pretty easily - chatty servers bury useful information all the time.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 01:07:05 pm by Pragma »

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.  Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 06:40:18 am »
I agree. the position of the log isn't at all favorable. But I generally think that many of the different information are displayed in a poor way. Like, when you press F3 to read the FPS data, it's diplayed half on topå of the kill log. How about putting this in the middle, and perhaps set the "X captured Y's flag" in the lower part of the screen or something, so it kinda stands out?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 07:43:13 am »
Don't go overboard.... No further changes will be made

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 03:23:21 pm »
Man, little peaks into the new version are being left all over the forums!
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline japes

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 05:15:19 pm »
omg yes pls.
f12

Offline Banksey

• Major
  • Proud smoker of Marlboro Reds
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 05:12:22 am »
Man, little peaks into the new version are being left all over the forums!

Someone should compile um :D Incase anybody missed some :P