Author Topic: what the crap?  (Read 16351 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
what the crap?
« on: January 30, 2008, 03:04:37 pm »
yeah i've noticed,,,,,, in the new Rambo movie, i saw a sniper with a kickass gun. after i watched that movie, i was wondering, could that be THE Barret or AWM?     
If you have any clue, tell me, cuz im really curious about what kind of a woop arse gun can blow their head away with one shot
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: what the crap?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 03:36:34 pm »
1) Get a picture of that rifle and I will identify it for you.

2) Hollywood has a habit of violating the laws of physics. It's impossible for a bullet to decapitate somebody.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

El_Spec

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:09:02 pm »
Hollywood has a habit of violating the laws of physics. It's impossible for a bullet to decapitate somebody.

Not true, certain weapons such as .50 Caliber guns can tear the limbs off your torso.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 04:44:31 pm »
M82A1 + headshot = not much left up there.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 05:08:57 pm »
so i'm forsakening asking! what gun is it?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:11:15 pm »
2) Hollywood has a habit of violating the laws of physics. It's impossible for a bullet to decapitate somebody.

Depending on that angle, a person hit with a .50 cal will be pretty much held together by flesh.

As I can imagine anyways.

so i'm forsakening asking! what gun is it?

Jesus feck be patient.

EDIT: Just to add on, 30mm will vaporize you.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 05:23:09 pm by Dascoo »

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:19:44 pm »
Camping car has stated he blew a few limbs off some guy before killing him with a 50 cal over in Iraq. So it may be true that can happen. However about the movie yes I believe that was a Barrett and yes I believe that can happen. I have seen sniper rifles do some heavy damage with headshots. However I don't think it will be as clean as it was in the movies.
@ii

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 05:33:41 pm »
Limbs are different from the head, as limbs don't have a deathgrip on the spine via the thick fibers of the brainstem.

It's hard to fully decapitate someone with a sword or axe, even (that's why the guillotine was invented). I doubt a round could decapitate someone, unless it was half as big as the head itself.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 06:00:47 pm »
ty t. i finally know what it could be for the sniper. also, i think it is true about blowing the head and flying away with Barret-like guns. Because my uncle used that once for an experiment, and the Barret's bullet went through the tank! (that's what my uncle told me) and there are also things about the barret talk on my post .
             Weapon Balance Discussion -> overpowered barret -> then find Pie. he'll have a greyish eye picture. he'll talk about the gun that it's a tank gun. http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=24161.0 click this to go there and find pie

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 06:08:45 pm »
Gelatin tests would be far more relevant than armor tests. A .50 would no doubt blow a hole through someone's head, but that's a far cry from taking the whole thing off.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 06:19:53 pm »
unless the fibers can stop a supersonic piece of steel then there is a good chance a fifty cal can tear a head off.

The bullet would sever the neck where it hit.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 06:22:46 pm »
ty t. i finally know what it could be for the sniper. also, i think it is true about blowing the head and flying away with Barret-like guns. Because my uncle used that once for an experiment, and the Barret's bullet went through the tank! (that's what my uncle told me) and there are also things about the barret talk on my post .
             Weapon Balance Discussion -> overpowered barret -> then find Pie. he'll have a greyish eye picture. he'll talk about the gun that it's a tank gun. http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=24161.0 click this to go there and find pie
It was designed specifically to Be an anti-material gun.
Wikipedia:
allows for effective operations against targets like radar cabins, trucks, parked aircraft and so on. The M82 can also be used to defeat human targets from standoff range or when targets are behind cover. However anti-personnel work is not a major application for the M82
I was pretty close, it's not practical to use on people but.
Lol, internets.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 06:27:03 pm »
so........ it's illegal on warfare also? also, is there any other human using guns that are actually stronger that barret? (NO LAWS AND STUFFS, JUST BULLET GUNS!)

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 06:34:14 pm »
Other .50 cal i assume would be, It's not the deadliest gun because it's only semi automatic, But there are guns that are full auto .50 cal which tear through foundations of buildings.
And they are coming up with new and better guns every second week, and I believe the barret's already been out done with the Xm115 (Or something, i'm no expert.)
Lol, internets.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 06:35:22 pm »
so........ it's illegal on warfare also? also, is there any other human using guns that are actually stronger that barret? (NO LAWS AND STUFFS, JUST BULLET GUNS!)

To bad there's no rules in war. So no it isn't. And if someobdy asks just say he was wearing body armor, because that counts as equipment.

But using anything larger then .50 is kind of a waste on personnel.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 06:35:49 pm »
geez...... i just hope that the war won't include us in the warzone

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 06:44:19 pm »

To bad there's no rules in war. So no it isn't. And if someobdy asks just say he was wearing body armor, because that counts as equipment.

Well it's kind of illegal, Not to the extent of bum ram in prison, But you are frowned upon because a person has no chance against .50 caliber ammunitions.
And it is kind of a waste, I doubt any one soldier is that important to an enemy to break out a .50 cal and nail their arse.
Lol, internets.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 07:06:51 pm »

Well it's kind of illegal, Not to the extent of bum ram in prison, But you are frowned upon because a person has no chance against .50 caliber ammunitions.
And it is kind of a waste, I doubt any one soldier is that important to an enemy to break out a .50 cal and nail their arse.

Seriously, nobody cares. You pretty much have no chance against a 5.56 mm because once it hits you it'll fragment inside of you and it's almost a guaranteed death...

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 07:19:57 pm »
i guess. by the way how long is .2 cal? i never understood the size and the length of the caliburs.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 07:49:58 pm »
.50 would be 1/2 an inch or 12.7mm and .2 would be .2 of an inch. Get it?

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu