Author Topic: what the crap?  (Read 16391 times)

Offline Mitak

• Camper
Re: what the crap?
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2008, 01:41:46 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RWf8-rQz3Y AHAHAHHA LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT MAGAZINE >_^

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 03:31:47 pm »
Mythbusters proved that you don't get knocked back by just about anything, if you're wearing body amour, Either the bullet will go through, or the bullet stops, You don't get pushed back like half a meter, or fall over.
Even shotguns don't knock you over, it either penetrates or stops i suppose you might get a little bit, But not anything like super significant, As for a barret, You'd just die.

yeah, but i know what you're saying. but the 5cal + the speed + force of the barret can really blow sumone's head off i bet. it IS the anti-tank sniper rifle we're talking about. and as sumone said, it IS illegal to shoot somebody with it sumone said. gaagh! i need a myth buster for this one also!!!!!
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 04:35:20 pm »
yeah, but i know what you're saying. but the 5cal + the speed + force of the barret can really blow sumone's head off i bet. it IS the anti-tank sniper rifle we're talking about. and as sumone said, it IS illegal to shoot somebody with it sumone said. gaagh! i need a myth buster for this one also!!!!!

The M82A1 isn't an anti-tank sniper rifle you god damn fucking idiot. It's supposed to be an anti-material rifle, for taking out antenna's, satellites, vehicle engines, and basically just equipment. The .50 BMG was originally meant for piercing tank armor....back when IT COULD pierce tank armor. But that was during the First World War and on primitive tanks with very thin armor. So the round is probably older then your grandpa unless he's over around 90.

It's not illegal to use in warfare either against infantry. Like I said, NOBODY FUCKING CARES!

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 06:08:30 pm »
Depending on the type of round, the Barrett can penetrate about 25mm of steel plate armour. It's enough to penetrate some Armoured Personnel Carrier armour, but it has no chance against the armour of a modern Main Battle Tank.

I single bullet can't technically decapitate someone, but it will turn the victim's head into an almost unrecognisable mess.

And while we're talking about banned weapons, isn't the flame thrower banned under the Geneva Convention or is that just BS?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:26:11 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 06:26:02 pm »
I single bullet can't technically decapitate someone, but it will turn the victim's head into an almost unrecognisable mess.

Basically.

Speed, velocity, power- all these have to do with penetration, which is entirely different from decapitation. Penetration judges how well the round will go through the target- in the case of the .50, pretty well. But going through a target does not mean removing it from a body; just means going through it.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 06:30:33 pm »
And while we're talking about banned weapons, isn't the flame thrower banned under the Geneva Convention or is that just BS?

Sort of mixed. It's effective, but dangerous. It's more efficient to just lob a grenade into a bunker, or hole.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 08:11:36 pm »
what and how many banned weapons are there? like technically barret, i think SDFilm also mentioned that the flame thrower was sort of banned also. Iraq and Israel had banned weapons.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 08:18:03 pm »
Fucking hell. The barrett isn't banned jackass.

"Banned" weapons would include chlorine and mustard gases.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 08:21:47 pm »
wow what kind of gass would that make......... especially mustard gas. what the heck is it? never heard of it?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 08:33:29 pm »
wow what kind of gass would that make......... especially mustard gas. what the heck is it? never heard of it?
Chlorine gas is a heavy gas that sinks into trenches, The Chlorine rips apart cells in the lungs

Mustard gas causes Really bad blisters on the skin and is very deadly
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 08:33:55 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RWf8-rQz3Y AHAHAHHA LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT MAGAZINE >_^

I love how you can hear a little kid in the background.. and then after he starts shooting, you can't hear the kid any time after that in the video.

Barrett vs child  :D
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2008, 09:08:17 pm »

Look at the size of that GUN! It's huge!
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2008, 09:26:23 pm »
OMG!! i hav .45 & 9mm in ma house i'd like to shoot my enemies wid that

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2008, 10:19:40 pm »
what and how many banned weapons are there? like technically barret, i think SDFilm also mentioned that the flame thrower was sort of banned also. Iraq and Israel had banned weapons.

My god are you even reading what I say?

If something is effective, a military will use it. The Barrett is not a fucking banned weapon AT ALL unless you're a civilian in a country or state that does not allow it.

Also this is important: GENEVE CONVENTION DOES NOT FUCKING COVER WEAPONS, THAT'S THE HAGUE CONVENTION! I believe the Geneve convention covers POW's, civilians, and the injured. 

These treaties don't really stop anything. Japan had some fun using biological agents on other asians if I recall.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 10:33:14 pm »
You people forget that the 82 can fire payload rounds. Shaped charges at that velocity will wreck most of anything with armor on it.

The 82 is, more than anything, used when a person absolutely, positively, must die on the spot. I really question the sources you guys have; the gun has been and is still used heavily in anti-personel work. And, no, the gun isn't banned ffs; how do you explain civilians being able to purchase the things?
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2008, 10:40:07 pm »
OMG!! i hav .45 & 9mm in ma house i'd like to shoot my enemies wid that
Please... stop breathing.

Seriously if you have anything to say at least make it an interesting thought.
@ii

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2008, 04:36:43 am »
Hague does loosely prohibit using antimateriel calibre rounds+ on people. This is why they will tell you, when being trained to use .50's, to shoot at soldiers' equipment; canteens, helmets, etc. Technically you're shooting to destroy their equipment (what antimateriel is intended for), but it's likely the person using it won't walk away safely.

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2008, 04:56:44 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJp14tkBlU&NR=1
(minute 1:10) look at the size of that dildo :D

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2008, 06:03:49 am »
Hague does loosely prohibit using antimateriel calibre rounds+ on people. This is why they will tell you, when being trained to use .50's, to shoot at soldiers' equipment; canteens, helmets, etc. Technically you're shooting to destroy their equipment (what antimateriel is intended for), but it's likely the person using it won't walk away safely.
It is an anti-material gun, But i still think it's just wrong to use the fact that "The guy was carrying a cateen, I swear, i had a just cause to blow a hole in his hip the size of a baby!"
And when i said it was banned, (Which i did say) I didn't mean banned as in They don't use it at all, I mean it is frowned upon, It has it's uses, But i'm fairly certain it isn't used as much, Since it's been replaced by an even powerful and superior rifle.
mustard gas is nasty...
As well as alot of biochemical warfare, Which is possibly the way warfare is heading.

Lol, internets.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2008, 07:32:38 am »
You misunderstand me; I'm not advocating the use of .50's+ on human beings in any way. I don't advocate the use of any size of round on human beings. I have learned a lot about how such rounds are used, and their effects.