Author Topic: Russia: A threat to the U.S.?  (Read 13972 times)

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
Re: Russia: A threat to the U.S.?
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2008, 09:30:57 am »
In regards to Ron Paul, he would have my vote. He made the difference between isolationist and non interventionist which is... Finally! Someone gets it.

But that's as far as it goes. He wants to abolish the IRS, cut Department of Education, Energy, and Homeland Security. I think he had a list of federal programs he wanted to get rid of completely. ... This is where it gets confusing for me.

Yeah, candidates are always talking about change in the government, but it looks like Ron Paul wants to totally start over from scratch. At the same time, the widening divisions between the rich and the poor. The blacks, and white, and Latinos, and Asians. Big business owners and small business owners. There's no common ground, and we won't be able to accomplish anything. People are no longer making decisions in the interest of the nation. It's for themselves.

And in the end, Ron Paul will have a hard time getting most of plans through. He has little legal power over such promises like... eliminating the IRS. Perhaps Ron Paul supporters could get senate and congressmen elected, but it's still a long shot.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 02:37:15 am by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 12:05:39 pm »
In regards to Ron Paul, he would have my vote. He made the difference between isolationist and non interventionist which is... Finally! Someone gets it.

But that's as far as it goes. He wants to abolish the IRS, cut Department of Education, Energy, and Homeland Security. I think he had a list of federal programs he wanted to get rid of completely. ... This is where it gets confusing for me.

Yeah, candidates are always talking about change in the government, but it looks like Ron Paul wants to totally start over from scratch. At the same time, the widening divisions between the rich and the poor. The blacks, and white, and Latinos, and Asians. Big business owners and small business owners. There's no common ground, and we won't be able to accomplish anything. People are no longer making decisions in the interest of the nation. It's for themselves.

And in the end, Ron Paul will have a hard time getting most of plans through. He has little legal power over such promises like... eliminating the IRS. Perhaps Ron Paul supporters could get senate and congressmen elected, but it's still a long shot.

Unfortunately, both Obama and Ron Paul are far off from presidency. (honestly though, I haven't been paying much attention to other campaigns. I intend to read in this weekend)

I think the thing you're confused about with him removing those departments or severely slashing their size is because he wants the states to handle those items.  Education has always been something that should be handled by the states, and he wants to move a lot of things out of the federal government's hands and into states' governments.  You can pretty much assume that anything he wants to get rid of at the federal level is because of this, not because he wants to remove the country's department of education entirely.

It makes sense to me, and I'm sure things can be handled better at a state level for all of these things.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 03:37:03 pm »
well, in some way, if there is any threat to U.S. then the U.S. should take the first problem with Iraq first, because it won't be pretty if Russia actually allied with China and Iraq.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 04:53:23 pm »
Obama's not far off from presidency. He and Hillary are essentially neck and neck so far. He completely smashed the SC primaries, then she won in FL. The Feb. 5 primaries will decide.

well, in some way, if there is any threat to U.S. then the U.S. should take the first problem with Iraq first, because it won't be pretty if Russia actually allied with China and Iraq.

You mean Iran?

...Because they are allied with China and Iran.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 05:49:54 pm »
I thought the florida primaries didn't do anything?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 05:53:37 pm »
The Democrats technically boycotted it, but it shouldn't be entirely discounted.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 06:51:17 pm »
The Democrats technically boycotted it, but it shouldn't be entirely discounted.
No result came from the voting, therefore it was pointless. Hilary's win didn't do anything to help her.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 07:27:48 pm »
Don't post images that get around the swear filter

If that helps.
Get that feck out of here.  Has nothing to do with the topic.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:30:40 pm by The Geologist »
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »
no i mean
Obama's not far off from presidency. He and Hillary are essentially neck and neck so far. He completely smashed the SC primaries, then she won in FL. The Feb. 5 primaries will decide.

You mean Iran?

...Because they are allied with China and Iran.
no i mean Iraq. If the big war starts again, it'll be Russia, China, Iran, and Iraq. Which will really be deadly. So I'm saying that having an allie wit Iran just started. So taking care of Iraq would be a good idea and then concentrate on allying with Iran
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 09:10:16 pm »
Please. Allying with iraq and iran would be like allying yourself with a blade of grass.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 09:18:10 pm »
Please. Allying with iraq and iran would be like allying yourself with a blade of grass.
Hehe. So true.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2008, 10:48:20 pm »
no i mean Iraq. If the big war starts again, it'll be Russia, China, Iran, and Iraq. Which will really be deadly. So I'm saying that having an allie wit Iran just started. So taking care of Iraq would be a good idea and then concentrate on allying with Iran

Are you serious? Iraq is in the middle of a civil war, and Iran has an outdated military. In a total war situation Canada could feck Iran and Iraq up together.

Russia and China are good on there own. Iraq has it's puppet government installed so I doubt it'll be going to war with the U.S.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 04:33:28 am »
Yeah, Iraq vs. U.S. isn't going to happen, at least not till we leave and they have 10 years to become evil like last time.

Only reason China and Russia are allying with Iran is because they're getting oil secured by them until they can become self-reliant on Siberia, and also to fuck with the U.S. Iran is a means to an end, not any kind of advantage. If Pakistan was right above Iraq, they'd join Pakistan.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2008, 04:49:47 am »
I think this thread should be called "U.S.: A threat to the world?" or "Bush: A threat to the world?". There is quite much no democracy when it comes to the ordinary people. If goverment wants guy A to be president, he will be. The only way to be safe from the propaganda is to stay away from media as much as possible. Media feeds the people, goverment and agencies feed the media in the first place afterall, if they have to. If newspapers start to write about how bad country e.g. Iran is, people will start supporting the attack on there. "I just base my opinion on what I see and hear". Too bad alot of that "seeing and hearing" comes from sources which are more or less controlled by those who want you to have opinion which runs their agenda. Look at Ron Paul. In media? No way! How much has U.S lost money because of unnecessary war? War on terrorism is a joke. How much has Bush gained popularity due to it? Result?

Who protects people from their goverment? Terrorists. Be fecked or be dead. Though, this happens everywhere. No country is safe. In Russia aswell, most probably even more.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 04:51:58 am by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2008, 04:54:52 am »
I think this thread should be called "U.S.: A threat to the world?" or "Bush: A threat to the world?". There is quite much no democracy when it comes to the ordinary people. If goverment wants guy A to be president, he will be. The only way to be safe from the propaganda is to stay away from media as much as possible. Media feeds the people, goverment and agencies feed the media in the first place afterall, if they have to. If newspapers start to write about how bad country e.g. Iran is, people will start supporting the attack on there. "I just base my opinion on what I see and hear". Too bad alot of that "seeing and hearing" comes from sources which are more or less controlled by those who want you to have opinion which runs their agenda. Look at Ron Paul. In media? No way! How much has U.S lost money because of unnecessary war? War on terrorism is a joke. How much has Bush gained popularity due to it? Result?

Who protects people from their goverment? Terrorists. Be fecked or be dead. Though, this happens everywhere. No country is safe. In Russia aswell, most probably even more.

90% of Iran is hard-working decent people. It's the religious extremists who control the government that are dangerous.

Sound familiar?

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2008, 05:55:47 am »

90% of Iran is hard-working decent people. It's the religious extremists who control the government that are dangerous.

Sound familiar?
Which in truth, Wouldn't take up the rest of that 10%, You're not accounting for people that aren't necessarily extremists, But share values with those extremists, Those that agree, but don't take radical action.
Lol, internets.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2008, 07:11:36 am »

Sound familiar?

And their religion being? Islam? ;) Thats what the problem is. Call me a racist, but I'd say that world would be alot more peaceful place without muslims. The "Religion of peace" seems to be infact very violent, esplecially against those who are heretical. Christianity is a enemy, enemy which has to be distinguished. So is democracy. Feel free to go there and promote Christianity over Islam, you won't return home alive.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2008, 07:29:08 am »

Sound familiar?

And their religion being? Islam? ;) Thats what the problem is. Call me a racist, but I'd say that world would be alot more peaceful place without muslims. The "Religion of peace" seems to be infact very violent, esplecially against those who are heretical. Christianity is a enemy, enemy which has to be distinguished. So is democracy. Feel free to go there and promote Christianity over Islam, you won't return home alive.

It really helps that Christians were just ever so kind to them during the crusades =D

Oh, and the Inquisition.

Oops, forgot the KKK.

Actually, now that I think of it, the world would be a lot more peaceful place without Christians...

And Pie:...What?

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2008, 07:56:38 am »

Sound familiar?

It really helps that Christians were just ever so kind to them during the crusades =D

Oh, and the Inquisition.

Oops, forgot the KKK.

Actually, now that I think of it, the world would be a lot more peaceful place without Christians...

And Pie:...What?
Crusades are quite much nothing compared to what is happening among muslims annually. Continuous suicidebombings, terrorism, civil war, you-name-it. You just need some extremists and strong religional faith, that hereticals shall be distinguished. Something which has happened in the past, should not be an excuse to tolerate the actions of the "opposing", not at all, though, all hail "the holy war".
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2008, 08:47:40 am »
Made me chuckle.

Listen, all religious groups have their share of extremists.  I'll leave my own religious views out of this, but the fact of the matter is;  every religions has those people who give it a bad name.  Clawbug, all Muslims are not that way, regardless of what you think.  That's like saying "The entire beta testing team is just a bunch of assholes and they should all have their status removed."  Just because some of them are, doesn't mean all of them are.

(Yes, I know Soldat and religion are two entirely different subjects, but it's the exact same concept, so don't give me the "What does the beta testing team have to do with Islam?" defense.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 08:50:33 am by Sethamundo »
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.