Author Topic: Russia: A threat to the U.S.?  (Read 13962 times)

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
Re: Russia: A threat to the U.S.?
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2008, 08:53:47 am »
Actually, now that I think of it, the world would be a lot more peaceful place without Christians...
Made me chuckle.

Listen, all religious groups have their share of extremists.

That alone was my point.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2008, 09:10:32 am »
Oh, the 80% of them ruin the reputation of the rest. Thats just great. :P

Sure every group of people have their extremists. How many violent christian extremists are there? There is a great difference between Christianity and Islam, and those two can not be merged, or even held peace in between them. This has been proved so many times in Europe, thanks to muslim immigrants.

Anyway, all of this is great offtopic, we shall continue with PM's, if anyone is interested. :)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2008, 09:26:52 am »
It's not really off topic. In either case the U.S. or Russia has, in the past, funded and armed them to attack the other, and such events are relative to our relationships today.

It's not an issue of 80% ruining the reputation of the rest. This is an issue of ignorance being applied to narrow-minded thinking.

You want a good example, look at the American Revolution. You know what the British rightly called many Americans? Terrorists.  Now we call them "early guerrillas." Only 1/3 opposed the British occupation at all, and a tiny percent of that 1/3 resorted to terrorism. Back in Britain, who do you think the populace thought all Americans were like?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:32:14 am by Svirin Kerath »

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2008, 09:44:06 am »
How were "news" transmitted back then? With 2 week delay and some half of them dropped during the "delivery".

Aren't muslims being violent overall? Average some +30% of immigrants from Islamic countries were suspected of a crime in 2005 in Finland, thats just during one year. While immigrants from Russia and Central Europe held some average of 15% suspecteds. Finns contributed with average of 12% of Finns suspected for a crime during 2005. Islamic people contributed towards rapes and assaults, while other immigrants did more stealing and robbering. This alone shows that they seem to be more violent.

Then add all the terrorism, conflicting and everlasting war in far-east, can someone say that they aren't that violent? This is mostly due to the religion.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2008, 10:02:49 am »
Actually, now that I think of it, the world would be a lot more peaceful place without Christians...
Made me chuckle.

That alone was my point.
Cause our "church meetings" and "teaches of love and peace" are actually secret meetings... we are planning to slaughter the nonbelievers and every living baby to lubricate our war machines.....
@ii

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2008, 10:04:29 am »
Made me chuckle.

That alone was my point.
Cause our "church meetings" and "teaches of love and peace" are actually secret meetings... we are planning to slaughter the nonbelievers and every living baby to lubricate our war machines.....
..Because christens are cultists Duh.
:P
Lol, internets.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2008, 10:21:21 am »
How were "news" transmitted back then? With 2 week delay and some half of them dropped during the "delivery".

Aren't muslims being violent overall? Average some +30% of immigrants from Islamic countries were suspected of a crime in 2005 in Finland, thats just during one year. While immigrants from Russia and Central Europe held some average of 15% suspecteds. Finns contributed with average of 12% of Finns suspected for a crime during 2005. Islamic people contributed towards rapes and assaults, while other immigrants did more stealing and robbering. This alone shows that they seem to be more violent.

Then add all the terrorism, conflicting and everlasting war in far-east, can someone say that they aren't that violent? This is mostly due to the religion.

Oh, you wanna talk statistics now.

"Among men, blacks (28.5%) are about six times more likely than whites (4.4%)
to be admitted to prison during their life. Among women, 3.6% of blacks and
0.5% of whites will enter prison at least once. (U.S. Department of Justice)
Based on current rates of incarceration, an estimated 7.9% of black males
compared to 0.7% of white males will enter State of Federal prison by the
time they are age 20 and 21.4% of black males versus 1.4% of white males will
be incarcerated by age 30. (U.S. Department of Justice)
Some have noted that more black men are in prison in America than are in
college. (The Black and White of Justice, Freedom Magazine, Volume 128) "

Obviously blacks are the major cause of crime; being black makes them violent, all other things are irrelevant!!

Oh and guess what! In Iraq, 99% of criminals are Muslim! Oh wait..

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2008, 10:28:29 am »
When is that data from?
Like the specific date?
I'm thinking it's from a while back because Isn't America full of equality now?
Lol, internets.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2008, 10:29:47 am »
When is that data from?
Like the specific date?

@ii

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2008, 10:32:13 am »
When is that data from?
Like the specific date?

...Or maybe not?
(Give me a break, I'm not American, I just assumed your country wasn't filled with racist slackjawed yokels anymore... I mean I never hear about extreme racial prejudice in Australia, It's here, but nothing terrible.)
Lol, internets.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2008, 10:35:49 am »
When is that data from?
Like the specific date?

...Or maybe not?
(Give me a break, I'm not American, I just assumed your country wasn't filled with racist slackjawed yokels anymore... I mean I never hear about extreme racial prejudice in Australia, It's here, but nothing terrible.)
Yes most of America believes in equality but that doesn't mean our crime statistics will change. Black crime in reality is due to black people misguided by other black people. Racism or lack of it doesn't have a key role until you start with percentages of hate crimes.
@ii

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2008, 10:36:57 am »
It's current data, but while it's statistically true that more blacks are involved in crime than whites, that is not the same as saying being black is the cause of crime more than being white. Crime has little to do with race or religious creed, and is the result of an incredibly complex combination of social factors. It's similar to saying that violent video games cause school shootings. We all play Soldat, and Soldat's pretty violent; any of us shot our classmates? I doubt it.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2008, 10:40:48 am »
I see, But I fail to see how that occurs?
Why is it that, statistically, Black people commit more crimes?

Lol, internets.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2008, 10:43:27 am »
Because black people are generally more likely to be born in the 'ghettos' of America, where there is an overwhelmed and/or ineffective police force, high poverty, the easy availability of drugs and guns, and a high crime rate already established.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2008, 10:48:05 am »
Because black people are generally more likely to be born in the 'ghettos' of America, where there is an overwhelmed and/or ineffective police force, high poverty, the easy availability of drugs and guns, and a high crime rate already established.
Oh, Fair enough.
But "Shouldn't" Your government change this?
Even in the possibility of an economic depression, Shouldn't the government attempt to fix this?
(This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay offtopic by the by.)
Lol, internets.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2008, 10:50:04 am »
Oh, Fair enough.
Even in the possibility of an economic depression, Shouldn't the government attempt to fix this?
People are attempting. But its become a pathetic norm for people inhabiting ghettos to flood its streets with crime.  Not everyone in ghettos are criminals though, plenty are hard working people just down on their luck, the criminal percent just overwhelms the normal percent in action.
@ii

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2008, 10:53:08 am »
Oh, Fair enough.

It should, but at the moment most of its funds are devoted to a little tea party in Iraq.

It's really left to city and state governments to fix, because crime factors can be specific to their locations.

That being said, New York city's crime rate has been reduced dramatically over the past decade due to efforts by the city and state governments. L.A. has had some progress against gun violence. Offhand those are the only general stats I know.

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2008, 10:56:01 am »
What the hell are you talking about? The US is not in a "Depression" It isn't even technically in a "recession"
Its in a trillion dollar war-deficit. Canadian Dollar is above the USD, and we haven't done much to put it up ourselves lately.

On Topic, I don't think that the Americans have much to fear from the Russians. They probably have more to fear from their own internal government agencies.

That being said, New York city's crime rate has been reduced dramatically over the past decade due to efforts by the city and state governments. L.A. has had some progress against gun violence. Offhand those are the only general stats I know.
Hell, Recently Toronto, ON has become way worse for gun-related deaths than New York. Evey weekend City News has a new gun triple homicide or likewise to report.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2008, 10:59:27 am »
Hell, Recently Toronto, ON has become way worse for gun-related deaths than New York. Evey weekend City News has a new gun triple homicide or likewise to report.

And Canada's supposed to be so much less violent!

All of this just illustrates how complicated crime is, especially when trying to solve it.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2008, 11:02:45 am »
It's moving towards a depression, Our dollar (Aud) is almost 90 cents to your dollar, Compared to say 60-70 in the last 3 years, Soon ours will bypass yours unless you can fix your economy.
Which is bad, Seeing as Australia is suffering tax hikes of it's own at the moment, We're all in the same boat, If America's Economy goes to hell, then our stockmarket will crash along with almost every other developed countries.
Or it could be the other way around, Mind you the crash would only happen if America's economy got Really bad, really quickly. (Which is unlikely.)
Lol, internets.