Author Topic: Russia: A threat to the U.S.?  (Read 13934 times)

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
Re: Russia: A threat to the U.S.?
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2008, 11:12:53 am »
Wow, we're all just agreeing with each other.

But yeah, it's likely that if we crash, the rest of the world crashes too. Not 'cause we're uber or anything, but because we buy so much feck from all you guys. If we stop cause we can't afford it, you lose money.

Then there's all the stuff the world depends on us for, like cotton, tobacco, and fur trading.

I don't think we'll have a crash. While it's not impossible, we've learned enough in the 30's to prevent another one of similar proportions. It would take 5 9/11s in a row and an assassination of the president to cause a real crash in the US.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 11:17:49 am by Svirin Kerath »
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2008, 01:11:21 pm »
Oh, you wanna talk statistics now.

"Among men, blacks (28.5%) are about six times more likely than whites (4.4%)
to be admitted to prison during their life. Among women, 3.6% of blacks and
0.5% of whites will enter prison at least once. (U.S. Department of Justice)
Based on current rates of incarceration, an estimated 7.9% of black males
compared to 0.7% of white males will enter State of Federal prison by the
time they are age 20 and 21.4% of black males versus 1.4% of white males will
be incarcerated by age 30. (U.S. Department of Justice)
Some have noted that more black men are in prison in America than are in
college. (The Black and White of Justice, Freedom Magazine, Volume 128) "

Obviously blacks are the major cause of crime; being black makes them violent, all other things are irrelevant!!

Oh and guess what! In Iraq, 99% of criminals are Muslim! Oh wait..
I never said that black people commit crimes because they are black. I was talking about the religion, as you knew it well. Also, what I pointed out was that the muslims were involved mostly in violent crimes (rapes and assaults), while immigrants from central europe, russia and scandinavia mainly did robberies, most probably for money. Didn't you get it? If you did, why on earth you changed the discussion to black vs. white crimes? There was no word about back & white, more about christians and muslims. Not every black is muslim, not every white is christian.

The atmosphere where people live can, and will affect how they act etc. but it isn't that heavy factor. Average of +40% of Turkish immigrants were suspected for a crime in 2005. Are turks black? Do they come from ghettos? Is there any real ghettos in Finland anyway? No. Guns in the streets? No. Gang fights or gangs? No. Oh. over 50% of sexual crimes in Helsinki (Capital of Finland, I suppose that many of U.S. people didn't know.) are commited by muslim immigrants. Less than 10% of population are muslims in Helsinki.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 01:19:54 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline t3h_n00b

• Major
  • | Honor | Duty | Glory |
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2008, 01:41:30 pm »
No,Russia isnt a threat to anyone atm.
U.S.A. is the threat to whole world.
imho.

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2008, 01:47:01 pm »
It would take 5 9/11s in a row and an assassination of the president to cause a real crash in the US.
Those "5 9/11s" can be home made, which is scary. Home grown Terrorism. Scary stuff, especially since most of todays terrorists get all their bomb recipes and stuff off the internet.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline Liber Lupus

• Soldier
  • shoulddrinkmore
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2008, 02:15:53 pm »
No,Russia isnt a threat to anyone atm.
At the moment. Russia keeps bullying it's surrounding countries(Eastern-Europe) like they own them. All they can do, right now though, is just propaganda and manipulation and some useless small economy blockades. Looking at Russias current army, which is filled with old junk made back when the USSR still existed and low morale, it isn't much of a threat.
US isn't that much better either...war for oil. Just like some countries used to spread christianity, now they're spreading democracy. But hey, we're a small country and we need to kiss someone's ass to be safe and I'd take US over Russia anyday.

Offline t3h_n00b

• Major
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2008, 02:17:48 pm »
well,you have a point there..

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2008, 03:03:56 pm »
Just like some countries used to spread christianity, now they're spreading democracy.

History always repeats itself. People always feel the need to impose what their view of "rights" are upon others who may not share the same views. Disagreements quickly deteriorate and a war is quickly formed. In fact, all of the wars ever in the existence of humanity have occurred over conflicting beliefs (Religious or otherwise). Yes it's human nature to fight, and yes, a lot of fights break down, but where should we draw the line between "Instinct" and what is just plain right, which is preservation of human life. After all, the ultimate goal of any species of any organism of any level of intelligence is to reproduce and just survive. We have surpassed that but as a race, we may just end ourselves.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2008, 03:09:06 pm »
i don't know if it's a stupid question or no, but if Russia gets rich, would they invade a country or no?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline t3h_n00b

• Major
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2008, 03:33:18 pm »
They would invade a country if they want to be more rich.Just like U.S.A. does.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2008, 03:45:00 pm »
Oh, you wanna talk statistics now.

"Among men, blacks (28.5%) are about six times more likely than whites (4.4%)
to be admitted to prison during their life. Among women, 3.6% of blacks and
0.5% of whites will enter prison at least once. (U.S. Department of Justice)
Based on current rates of incarceration, an estimated 7.9% of black males
compared to 0.7% of white males will enter State of Federal prison by the
time they are age 20 and 21.4% of black males versus 1.4% of white males will
be incarcerated by age 30. (U.S. Department of Justice)
Some have noted that more black men are in prison in America than are in
college. (The Black and White of Justice, Freedom Magazine, Volume 128) "

Obviously blacks are the major cause of crime; being black makes them violent, all other things are irrelevant!!

Oh and guess what! In Iraq, 99% of criminals are Muslim! Oh wait..
I never said that black people commit crimes because they are black. I was talking about the religion, as you knew it well. Also, what I pointed out was that the muslims were involved mostly in violent crimes (rapes and assaults), while immigrants from central europe, russia and scandinavia mainly did robberies, most probably for money. Didn't you get it? If you did, why on earth you changed the discussion to black vs. white crimes? There was no word about back & white, more about christians and muslims. Not every black is muslim, not every white is christian.

The atmosphere where people live can, and will affect how they act etc. but it isn't that heavy factor. Average of +40% of Turkish immigrants were suspected for a crime in 2005. Are turks black? Do they come from ghettos? Is there any real ghettos in Finland anyway? No. Guns in the streets? No. Gang fights or gangs? No. Oh. over 50% of sexual crimes in Helsinki (Capital of Finland, I suppose that many of U.S. people didn't know.) are commited by muslim immigrants. Less than 10% of population are muslims in Helsinki.

Did you read any of our conversation on the preceding page? Crime is not "x% of z criminals are y, there fore y causes z types of crime." We spent many posts belaboring this fact. What you propose is in fact a fallacy of thought, called 'Post hoc ergo propter hoc.'

You can not boil it down to one factor. Which is what you did. Which was what I also did, to reveal how irrelevant it is.

Also, since none of your alleged figures are quoted from anywhere, would you please tell us where this wealth of information is coming from?
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2008, 05:40:08 pm »
*sigh* Why do I ever try to learn anything useful using this forum.  FLAB at least said something intelligent but unfortuanatly, on the wrong topic.  Oh well, thanks anyway guys, at least it was amusing.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2008, 06:21:26 pm »
They would invade a country if they want to be more rich.Just like U.S.A. does.

Wait..what?
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2008, 06:23:41 pm »
Wait..what?
yes you see the federal reserve has to loan out money to the govt and then it gets it back at interest ergo PROFIT from evil OIL WARS in iraq. nothin' more profitable than a war.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2008, 06:30:08 pm »
Wait..what?
yes you see the federal reserve has to loan out money to the govt and then it gets it back at interest ergo PROFIT from evil OIL WARS in iraq. nothin' more profitable than a war.

Actually war's can be profitable if you invade the right country.

To bad the US invaded the wrong one.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2008, 06:33:58 pm »
Wait..what?

yeah, canada would have been a pushover.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2008, 06:37:56 pm »
Wait..what?

yeah, canada would have been a pushover.

Enjoy your 10 times worse insurgency on American Soil.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2008, 06:59:57 pm »

Did you read any of our conversation on the preceding page? Crime is not "x% of z criminals are y, there fore y causes z types of crime." We spent many posts belaboring this fact. What you propose is in fact a fallacy of thought, called 'Post hoc ergo propter hoc.'

You can not boil it down to one factor. Which is what you did. Which was what I also did, to reveal how irrelevant it is.

Also, since none of your alleged figures are quoted from anywhere, would you please tell us where this wealth of information is coming from?
Are you telling me, that one can't say that muslims are violent just by looking at statistics? Are you claiming that those statistics are false? How much do you know about Islam and womens rights? They wear haze everywhere. In Finland no Finn wears it, unless she is a muslim. The motives for rapes have been quite much the same "She was provoking me by not wearing a haze and by wearing very exposing clothing". Should WE adapt their culture because of the fact that they just can't control themselves among us?

Oh, my sourfe for the values is this: http://www.om.fi/optula/uploads/nul786y.pdf It is in Finnish though.  But you should be able to understand some tables. The names of countries can't be that hard to recognise.  It is "Crimes by Immigrants"-report from Finnish Ministry of Justice.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:07:15 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2008, 07:02:59 pm »
 Â 
And their religion being? Islam? ;) Thats what the problem is. Call me a racist, but I'd say that world would be alot more peaceful place without muslims. The "Religion of peace" seems to be infact very violent, esplecially against those who are heretical. Christianity is a enemy, enemy which has to be distinguished. So is democracy. Feel free to go there and promote Christianity over Islam, you won't return home alive.
It really helps that Christians were just ever so kind to them during the crusades =D
Now I'm going to ahead and agree with Clawbug. Firstly, the Crusades was not an act of unprovoked aggression against the Islamic world. They were wars to recapture Christian lands, in the defense of Christians.

Early 8th century - Muslim governor of Caesarea captured Christians and executed them as spies.
 - Muslims demanded money from Christian pilgrims, threatening to ransack their churches.
 - Muslim ruler banned the display of crosses in Jerusalem. Increased jizya (a tax against Christians and other non-muslims).
772 - The hands of Christians and Jews were to be stamped with a distinctive symbol.
789 - Muslims beheaded a monk who converted from Islam to Christianity. They plundered the Bethleham monastery. Other monasteries were robbed and destroyed by Muslims.
937 - Muslims went on a rampage in Jerusalem, destroying the Church of Calvary and Church of the Resurrection.

This caused Christians to return to stronger Christian cities, and the Byzantines began on offensive to recapture the territory. The offensive began as a success, but the tide turned and Muslims gained even more ground than before. The terror continued.

1004 - Muslim leader betrays a former truce and orders the destruction of churches, burning of crosses, and seizure of property.
1009 - The Church of the Holy Sepulcher is ordered to be destroyed by Muslim leaders. This church marks the traditional site of Christ's burial. (rebuilt in 1027)
1056 - Muslims expelled 300 Jews from Jerusalem. Forbade European Christians from entering the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
1071 - Muslims conquer Byzantine.
1076  - Syria
1077 - Jerusalem. Murdered 3000 people.

In trouble, the Byzantine emperor (whose empire had been reduced to a size smaller than Greece) pleaded for help. the First Crusade begins

FURTHERMORE

"Therefore, when ye meet the unbelievers in fight, smite at their necks; at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly on them: thereafter is the time for either generosity or ransom, until the way lays down its burdens....But those who are slain in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."
Qur'an 47:4
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:11:29 pm by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2008, 07:15:57 pm »

Are you telling me, that one can't say that muslims are violent just by looking at statistics? Are you claiming that those statistics are false? How much do you know about Islam and womens rights? They wear haze everywhere. In Finland no Finn wears it, unless she is a muslim. The motives for rapes have been quite much the same "She was provoking me by not wearing a haze and by wearing very exposing clothing". Should WE adapt their culture because of the fact that they just can't control themselves among us?

Oh, my sourfe for the values is this: http://www.om.fi/optula/uploads/nul786y.pdf It is in Finnish though.  But you should be able to understand some tables. The names of countries can't be that hard to regocnize.  It is "Crimes by Immigrants"-report from Finnish Ministry of Justice.

He's trying to tell you that those statistics may show an association between the 2 but that doesn't imply causation.
Seriousy, wtf? If there are Over 12 thousand people, and some OVER 35% of them are being suspected for a crime, mainly rapes or physical assaults, how the feck can someone say "That means nothing!". IT also means nothing that muslims have been in war all around the far-east/asia/africa for what, last few hundred years at least. Yeah, right, means nothing? :P
How hard is it to admit, that their RELIGION, in this case ISLAM, is being the PROBLEM, which makes them VIOLENT? Someone made a thread about it in a Finnish islamic discussion board. In less than 24 houes it got locked without any proper reply from muslims. Direct assaults and insults toward the original poster.

Just see what is it in France, England, Germany, Sweden... Ask them who make the most violent and brutal rapes and assaults over there. You will be impressed if you aren't believing what I have stated here. Seriously.

How come it is the muslims only, who commit mainly the violent crimes, with rates average over 35%, when others commit more robberies with rates around 15-20%? Coincidence?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:21:46 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2008, 07:20:23 pm »
The topic is about Russia being a threat to the US, not some statistics about coloured or white criminals.
And no, it's not only a threat to the States, but to the entire world too, mostly Eastern Europe.
As an eastern-european myself, I still see that the communist way of thinking is still present in my country.
I might be wrong, understanding the word "communism" not as it should be, but I am supposed to live in a democracy,
and I witness every day how, let's say older people (the ones who were taught/brainwashed the thinking of communism),
still think that my country is how it was 20 years ago, applying their beliefs about family/culture/school in everyday life.
I don't remember much, but I heard on the news that Russia has bought one of our atomic reactors in order to reconstruct it and get it back working.
Here's more on the topic: http://www.invest.bg/en/Bulgaria/news/o/75347/Bulgaria+PM:+Deals+with+Russia+Don't+Make+Us+Dependent

I've seen enough communism from the side of my parents and grandparents, still getting insulted when I do or say something that is normal for the 21th century.

And by the looks of it, Eastern Europe is becoming a part of the USSR again.

We cannot let this happen.