Author Topic: Who are you voting for?  (Read 9648 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Who are you voting for?
« on: February 01, 2008, 07:30:54 pm »
And since we have a crapload of minors here... Who would you vote for?

This is involving the upcoming vote for the US President.

Myself I haven't really chosen yet. I was set on Giuliani but he dropped out... Now I find myself looking. I have been asking my dad about this issue since he knows more about it, he keeps telling me he supports Mitt Romney. Since I respect his political option I am holding him in consideration. I hear people talk about Ron Paul but to be honest I don't know if he is what he says. Especially when a libby like Bricks(Sorry, but you know its true) supports him. I may just need to start listening to more early morning talk radio(Glenn and Rush) until I get my mind made.
@ii

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: Who are you voting for?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 07:35:25 pm »
Poll maybe?

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 07:36:09 pm »
More of a discussion the a poll.
@ii

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 07:36:20 pm »
Whoever is going to uphold the 2nd amendment until I can buy a gun would have my theoretical vote. Although my vote wouldn't actually matter because of the electoral college.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 07:37:35 pm »
Well, under 18, but if I could my vote would go to Obama.
Of all the democratic candidates, he is the only one that I actually like. Hillary is kind of... not ideal.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 07:41:27 pm »
Right now this is the order of most appealing...

Mike Huckabee
Ron Paul
Monkey
Dead person
Satan
Obama/Hillary ( I haven't decided which of those two is less childish )

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 07:59:36 pm »
HILARY CLINTON ^_^

GIRL POWER!!!!1111111ONE

XD

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 09:34:13 pm »
Irrelevant to American Politics, but for those who monitor your northern neighbours, If I were voting age, I'd vote liberal. The Conservatives just plain are playing teacher's pet to The US Government. Yeah, it works for some people, but I think Canada is a different country for a reason, and it's not just because it's a great vacation spot.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 09:39:20 pm »
Paul would bring us back to the dark ages. Thompson was the only real Reagan conservative and probably the GOP's best pick, if only he didn't announce his bid so late/drop out. Romney wants to deport all the illegals (fiscally impossible). Come on, even Reagan granted amnesty. The fool has trouble worshiping his party hero. The only conservative (leaving that nut Paul out) against torture and Guantanamo Bay is McCain (he himself having been waterboarded before). Huckabee's a baptist minister, and can't be trusted with separation of church and state. Giuliani, thank God he's gone.

Edwards was my favorite of the front runners (until he quit). He was the only one (of the front runners) willing to give big corporations the finger and kill their limitless charters. Ideally, we'd be more like Australia or Britain.

By the way, Rush Limbaugh is an ignorant bastard.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:44:49 pm by Vltava »

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 09:46:40 pm »
By the way, Rush Limbaugh is an ignorant fecktard.
You don't know what you are talking about.  Don't turn this into a pro-anti Rush thread.. if you want to cry about him do it in a PM or in a crappy blog somewhere.
@ii

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 10:06:02 pm »
If I could vote I'd go for Hillary. Namely because I want to see Bill back in the White House having affairs with everyone all over again.
There are other worlds than these

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 10:09:35 pm »
NO! Think of the "Assault Weapons"
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 10:37:32 pm »
Since I have no real interest in America, or it's political rat race, If i was pressed to vote, My vote would most likely be a bandwagon vote to be honest.
I don't know enough about each of the candidates to vote out of my own opinion.
But if pressed some more, I would swing my vote to either obama, Paul or huckabee.
Call me misogynistic, but i don't think Hillary is cut out to run a convenience store, Let alone an entire country.

But whatever happens, My country will end up kissing your arse some more...
Unless our new Pm isn't a dick. (Which he may not be, he hasn't done alot of outstanding things yet...)
Lol, internets.

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 10:44:12 pm »
I dunno much about US politics, but Hillary's Health care ideals back in the '90s were where the US needed them. Hell, some "Third World" countries are doing better for Health care than the US is (Cuba???).

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 10:51:44 pm »
I want Obama to win. he seems pretty intelligent, and bonus, he'd piss off a hell of a lot of moronic, conservative southerners.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 11:02:05 pm »
LolerStereotype.

Meh, if I could vote, I'd have to vote Obama. He seems the most competent canidate from what I've seen.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 11:03:45 pm »
Voting for a leader is always voting for the "Lesser of the evils". You never get a sweet deal, but what you vote for is, in your opinion, the better of the bad deals.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 11:07:53 pm »
QFT.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 11:35:15 pm »
Giuliani, are you kidding me?  I'll remember that the next time I need to convince you of something all I need to do is say "If you don't do this, terrorists will kill Americans" and "I was there during 9/11" and "9/11 9/11 9/11 9/11 terrorism terrorism terrorism..."

You should look up more about Ron Paul if you're not convinced.  Even if you're not convinced, how can you not realize that he's the least evil/stupid/crazy religious fanatic of all of the candidates?

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 12:09:37 am »
Religion+Politics=Mess. Feel free to be a devout christian, catholic, Jew, Muslim, or follower of Scientology, just leave religion at home and out of a place where it can turn things sour pretty fast. Especially since you're in a position of power and many many people will not agree with your views.