Poll

Do you support this idea?

Yes
3 (42.9%)
No
3 (42.9%)
Not Sure/Haven't Decided
1 (14.3%)
Yes, but with some adjustments (be specific)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Neutral Player Indicator  (Read 1232 times)

El_Spec

Neutral Player Indicator
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:57:57 pm »
Two indicators exist, red meaning the highlighted player is an enemy and green meaning he is a teammate.  In certain gamemodes such as Rambo, players who don't have the bow are neither, they're neutral.  When they are highlighted, they are marked as an opponent.

Technically, this feature isn't very necessary, but it would be nice as it is a correction in identifying certain targets.

For it as a feature, when a player is neutral, he'll be highlighted yellow as it is the color meaning it.

Comments, thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
Re: Neutral Player Indicator
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 09:16:45 pm »
Names are highlighted yellow when they are the flag carrier, so it would have to be a different color.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 09:37:20 pm »
Rambo is the only mode this would be useful. F11 because it's only one mode, and a little-played one at that. I mean, how long does it take to tell if someone has the bow? Answer: Shorter than it takes to hover your mouse on them to  check the letter color.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 12:19:40 am »
It would be helpfull when you play rambo.
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 02:24:29 am »
It would be helpfull when you play rambo.
For just one gamemode which isn't played by most ppl... F11

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 06:19:49 am »
Yeah well.. It's a good idea, but Rambo just isn't that big of a gamemode? Also, the whole bow user vs. neutral players is something the players came up with after the actual gamemode was introduced. In all reality, you're supposed to blow the shit out of everything that moves, you know?

And as someone allready pointed out, it actually isn't all that hard to tell the difference between the neutral players and the rambo dude.

Sorry, I'ma have to vote it down as well.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

El_Spec

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 11:30:06 am »
Rambo was just an example.  I couldn't think of any other gamemodes that have neutral players.  I can see why this isn't supported.  Anyone highlighted is potentially an enemy, either they have the bow or not. 

Names are highlighted yellow when they are the flag carrier, so it would have to be a different color.

Since when was this a feature?  I need to play Soldat more often then.