Author Topic: dedicated server records the logs in a mysql database  (Read 1246 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
dedicated server records the logs in a mysql database
« on: July 03, 2006, 10:28:51 am »
Wouldn't it be alot easier if the soldat dedicated server just put all of it's logs in a mysql database instead of those many, many text-files.

Then the php stats programs like zitro and u13sss could just read directly from the mysql db instead of having to parse the text-files.

so what do you think?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
Re: dedicated server records the logs in a mysql database
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 11:09:48 am »
That would require the host to have a mysql server up and running. Not to speak of all those that wouldn't understand why their server isn't logging anything.

Don't fix what isn't broken I guess.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 05:05:08 pm »
I agree with denacke.

Most of the data from the logs goes to the admin console, including kill data (look at the changelogs for version 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 of the server).

Someone can very easily write a program that connects to a soldat server's admin connection, and takes all data from that and puts it into a mysql database.  I (or any other FApps enthusiasts) would probably be glad to make this if someone explained a good purpose it'd have

edit: now would also be a convenient time to tell you to read the signature rules regarding userbars

Offline Deltaforce229

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 11:49:04 am »
maybe there could be an option for it maybe. also sorry for making a new topic on this i searched but got nothing.