Author Topic: advertise sf.com more..  (Read 1346 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
advertise sf.com more..
« on: February 06, 2008, 06:47:19 am »
Hey people. I wasn't really sure wether to put this in here or in general discussions, since I thought it had a lot to do with both soldat and the forums. Anyway, here goes.

I think we need to advertise the forums more. I was inspired by the bloke who said something about adding a player search function ingame, so he could play with people he'd only seen once or twice. I thought to myself upon reading it, "Just look'em up on the forums", but really.. The percentage of active soldatplayers who actually come onto these forums is quite small, not to say extreme. I think that's a little weird, considering this is the Official Soldat Forums, you know?

See what I'm going at? In essence, this forum should be central to the public out-of-game soldat society. At least I think so, what about you?

maybe we don't need to add many more advertisements in soldat, just make them more visible.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
Re: advertise sf.com more..
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:03:50 am »
And have more spamming five year olds like Sir Jeremy and poopdogg. No thanks.

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:44:06 am »
It's not about that, dude. This is soldatforums, it's about soldat. All you fuckers do anyway is hanging around the lounge bitching about random worthless crap, that's not in any way soldat related. Everyone deserves his fair shot at the game, and I think that includes the soldatforums.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 11:49:19 am »
In my servers I've had messages posted about soldat forums every 10-15 minutes for a while (though I need to make sure that script is still working actually...)

I think mentioning forums.soldat.pl in servers (either in servers you own or are playing in) would overall be very good for the game and community

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 11:54:14 am »
The percentage of active soldatplayers who actually come onto these forums is quite small, not to say extreme. I think that's a little weird, considering this is the Official Soldat Forums, you know?

All you feckers do anyway is hanging around the lounge twating about random worthless crap, that's not in any way soldat related.

that sums it up nicely.

also @ FLAB: once every 10-15 min? hmm. in my servers they dont even read the advertising if its once a minute, and theyve been playing for months.

anyway, imo its not an advertising problem, the point is that the majority plays soldat for fun while it lasts, and doesnt feel any urge to discuss it on some forum.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 11:55:57 am by BombSki »

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 12:32:14 pm »
I see what you're going at, and i'll agree that many people would want to keep it soldat only - no forums. But I think that the majority of the people not using the forums has never heard of it. That of course not saying they would use it, were they to hear of it, but it would definitely increase the activity. Obviously there would be more kids roaming around here, as someone pointed out above, but the mods would just have to deal with them.

And also i think FLAB's idea is pretty good. The reason no one hears about the forums is that they only focus on soldat ingame-wise, meaning they never check out any advertising sites and the like. os in order for us to reach them, it will have to be done ingame. however, it can't be with huge banners and blinking lights, or bots that scream URLs out in public, 'cause that's just annoying and it'll put us all in a very bad light from the word go. just little quick reminders from time to time will do, I think.

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 01:43:59 pm »
Aren't SF registered with Monsoonix? Unregged players will see ads for SF every now and then and again, don't they?
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 01:59:09 pm »
Among a great many others. But it doesn't really stand out. After entering soldat a couple of times, you don't pay attention to the banners at all anymore.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 01:12:21 am »
grr just got logged out and lost my reply....

I think that advertising should be done (if possible) on IRC. Pubs usually aren't going to bring in dedicated soldateers.

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 09:39:51 am »

I think that advertising should be done (if possible) on IRC. Pubs usually aren't going to bring in dedicated soldateers.
ENOUGH
SPAM
ON
IRC
ALREADY
Banned

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:17:36 am »

People in IRC are probably already aware of the forums - and do not represent the Soldat community. If someone from a pub is actually interested enough to visit the forums, then we should consider them dedicated enough.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:04:44 pm by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 01:29:53 pm »

ENOUGH
SPAM
ON
IRC
ALREADY

Maybe so, but I don't think that's the issue. If someone is involved in the soldatcommunity enough to participate in any channels that could potentially advertise for sf.com, they are pretty likely to know about us allready.