Author Topic: PS2 suggestions  (Read 4120 times)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: PS2 suggestions
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 04:54:32 pm »
Killzone is so nice, i recomend it

But the best ps2 game is Shaddow of the Colossus. A great 3rd person RPG, about kill giant monster but you need to climb for them and so, its sooo good, try it

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 08:11:27 pm »

But the best ps2 game is Shaddow of the Colossus. A great 3rd person RPG, about kill giant monster but you need to climb for them and so, its sooo good, try it

I loved how SOC played out. Rather than just powering your way though hack and slash, you actually had to use some really good reflexes and thinking-on-the-run skills to kill the enemies. But like I said, my favourite ones were the Bird over the water and the big flying sand worm thing in the desert that has the big air-sacs that you have to shoot up to get it to get low enough to jump on.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 08:18:10 pm »

I loved how SOC played out. Rather than just powering your way though hack and slash, you actually had to use some really good reflexes and thinking-on-the-run skills to kill the enemies. But like I said, my favourite ones were the Bird over the water and the big flying sand worm thing in the desert that has the big air-sacs that you have to shoot up to get it to get low enough to jump on.

I really should get around to actually beating it. The low fps kinda put me off.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Hershey

• Camper
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2008, 09:02:09 am »
Xbox is DA SHOOTAN console, sooooo yeah.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2008, 10:11:29 am »
If you want a really good racing game, I recommend Midnight Club 3 DUB edition.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline n2j3

• Soldier
    • soldat.gr
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2008, 12:10:39 pm »
Katamari Damacy , ICO

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2008, 12:43:56 pm »

I really should get around to actually beating it. The low fps kinda put me off.

Quite the interesting ending. Whatever story (Or lack of therein) is made up for at the end. With an ending only the Japanese game devs could think up.
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2008, 01:25:24 pm »
If you want a really good racing game, I recommend Midnight Club 3 DUB edition.
again, thats got fucked up realism.

a good racing game for realism is Test Drive Unlimited. Its awesome, just a little hard. and the online is freeroaming which is pretty badass.. i think i might buy this game again

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2008, 03:06:16 pm »
Midnight Club 3 isn't bad at all, they have a good variety of cars, and physics isn't great, but good.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2008, 09:21:35 am »
god of war 2

Date Posted: February 10, 2008, 08:51:28 am
also if you can read japanese, try talse of symphonia, it's only in japanese version, but it's an awesome game. i got this on game cube and yes it was really entertaining. they edited more stuffs in ps2 mode, so i recommend you this. (you must know japanese well on this one)
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2008, 12:54:55 pm »
MERCENARIES: playground of destruction - NO.

need for speed underground 2 - No.

RATCHET AND CLANK - YES.

Jak 3 - NO. Get Jak 1 or 2

burnout - Yes

Timesplitters 2 or 3 - Get 3

Shadow of the Colossus - YES OH GOD YES.

Tom Clancy games - NO.

Killzone  - No.

Red Faction 1 - Yes, but get 2

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2 - NO.

Juiced 2. - No.

GTA: San Andreas - Not my thing.

Right, I went through your guys suggestions and yes/no'd the ones I've played. It's because he has a choice of ALL the games, he doesn't want the ones that are just 'good'. Recommend the GREAT games.

Star Wars Battlefront 2
Socom 3
Kingdom Hearts if you are a fanboyish person.
Katamari Damacy/We Love

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 05:11:18 pm by The Philanthropist »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2008, 03:19:29 pm »
time splitters: future perfect - NOOOOOO.

wut.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline immyran

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2008, 04:57:57 pm »
God of War series
Devil May Cry 1 and 3
Wipeout Fusion
Pro Evo 8
Black
Mercenaries
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid Series
Virtua Fighter 4 Evo (best of its genre purely cos its the hardest game to master)

Can't go wrong with these games IMO
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 05:01:57 pm by immyran »

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2008, 05:11:01 pm »
time splitters: future perfect - NOOOOOO.

wut.

Copy/paste mistake :(

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2008, 03:24:21 am »
Going back to a post I made earlier... heres some screenies of Black: http://allforfun101.freehostia.com/Blackscreenies/
Yea... they're from a clip I made of me playing that game. Low quality pics... I'm sorry.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2008, 04:58:02 pm »
Here are the games i decided to get:

Black - Great game, im just on the second level but i've been busy with the other games. I love the destructible environments, blowing up tanks, trucks, gotta love it.

Socom 3 - Another great game, havent done much with this yet either.

Red Faction II - Got this game just because i needed a multiplayer with bots and this is the best one i know of.

Star wars battlefront II - ^^^, had it for xbox, its pretty addicting.

Mx vs ATV unleashed - Love it, so many different game modes and varieties of offroad machines... hill climb is fun as hell :D

Ace Combat 4 - I instantly got addicted to this game and i've already beat it (in normal mode at least). I'm gonna get 5 soon, now that i know how fun this game is.

Dynasty Warriors 4 - an O.K game, it was cheap so i got it, i like the whole hack-n-slash,not-much-thinking-to-it, kinda game occasionaly, where i just want to relax and kill hundreds of people.

------

Feel free to keep suggesting, these are just the games i decided to start out with, I still need to find some good racing games (burnout, top of my list, but i've already beat burnout 3 on xbox, so im going to buy revenge).

Prince of Persia, also another game im going to get, beat sands of time on xbox, so im getting the other 2, i ran out of money, so i couldnt get this for now.

Im probably gonna wait til madden 09 comes out for ps2 to get a football game.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty