Author Topic: **Double Movie Review**  (Read 717 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
**Double Movie Review**
« on: February 11, 2008, 03:18:01 pm »
This week, I have two new movies I have just watched a couple of days ago to review. Coming up first to review is "Mr. Bean's Holiday". And the second one is "Night At The Museum".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Mr. Bean's Holiday-

Rowan Atkinson is back! Except maybe a bit older as well. This movie uses a relatively new concept of fusing your familiar camera style you knew Mr. Bean as, and the digital camera as well, and it tells part of the story.

Here's the plot: Mr. Bean has just won a vacation to Cannes, France, with a digital camera and about 200 Euros in spending money. But the bumbling misfit doesn't understand the French language, and is put in several strange and hilarious situations which was often caused by the lack of communication. Instead of the old style of Mr. Bean being put in a unfamiliar situation, he is put into an unfamiliar environment, and I believe that this movie almost closely plays to the bumblng nature that is Mr. Bean.

As untalkative as ever, he befriends a young Russian boy, who doesn't understand english, and wants to get back to his father, the film-maker. They have many adventures together, and eventually, they pick up another friend who is French, making their party consisting of English, Russian, and French.

There is some nostalgia in the movie, where Mr. Bean is hitch-hiking, and he is present in a vast field of flowers, and standing by a very long and very straight road.

Well, if you really want to see the movie portray the character that Rowan plays as perfectly, you'd rather want to see his older films, other than "Johnny English". But this film isn't worth passing up on as well. So watch it when you're in the mood for some "G-rated" comedy, comeplete with a musical score.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Night At The Museum-

Ben Stiller plays the new nightwatch guard in this magical comedy movie. It plays at a Museum of Natural History, where at night, exhibits come alive, and roam about. The funny part of the movie is when Ben tries to put a leash on all the exhibitions running rampant, and gets a hand from his waxy friend, Theodore Roosevelt.

This movie is fast-paced, as compared to other comedy films, and there are a couple of painful moments in it, such as when our hero takes his son to work at night, and nothing goes to his plan. But you'd have to watch the ending to find out how it really went.

Now, as far as my study in history goes, I believe most of the exhibits in it are factually correct, or some are just plain made-up. Like how did they get one of the heads from Easter Island all the way over in New York? It'd have to include the torso and legs as well, but in the movie, it shows only the head and the shoulders.

I guess for this movie, you'd probably enjoy it. Some would enjoy it, others wouldn't, and many other people may not watch movies like this that has "Ben" and "Stiller" in the same sentence/title.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: **Double Movie Review**
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 03:27:11 pm »
why don't you review a movie that is in theaters.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Kszchroink

• Soldier
  • black people
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 03:52:21 pm »
"I guess for this movie, you'd probably enjoy it. Some would enjoy it, others wouldn't" what the fuck is this even supposed to mean? why is it in the review? it's obvious that some people would like a ben stiller comedy movie and some wouldn't

YOU! SHOOK ME ALLLL NIIIGHT LONG - Kurt Cobain
WHO TOOK MY AVATAR I'LL FIND MY AVATAR - Kurt Cobain

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 03:53:35 pm »
Blue ninja is just trying to make us all angry.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Kszchroink

• Soldier
  • black people
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 04:01:02 pm »
nothing gets my blood boiling quite like two terrible reviews about forgettable movies
YOU! SHOOK ME ALLLL NIIIGHT LONG - Kurt Cobain
WHO TOOK MY AVATAR I'LL FIND MY AVATAR - Kurt Cobain

El_Spec

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 04:01:40 pm »
why don't you review a movie that is in theaters.

I Am Legend is the only movie worth the money and time.  Besides that, there's no good movies in the theaters.