Author Topic: overpowered barret  (Read 11984 times)

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
Re: overpowered barret
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 11:54:42 pm »
hm.... it is? cus whenever i use rugger, i just think of it that way and kill people lol. i guess it's just my way. can u actually explain to me why rugger isn't Barret Lite? i don't know why
You can use ruger for rushing, while with brt you can't. With brt you can use scope, and with ruger you can't. With brt, it doesn't matter where are you - above or under enemy - you kill with one shot; with ruger, you should be above to have a chance for headshot.

Uh, I agree with everything except the first.
You can use Barrett to rush, you just need to use a little timing as well as your nades and a sidearm.

And the big reason why I screw up with ruger nowadays is because I'm so used to startup time. (ironic huh?) I can actually time myself so that I can kill an m79 at close range with the startup time and all. (I usually die in the process though, but I get a kill)
..When you rush, it's possible that you'll find more than 1 enemy, and brttard < 2 other players.
..When you rush with something with faster reload, like auto, you are able to kill 2 guys by using the nades.

Offline Noobinabox

• Major
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 08:20:36 pm »
hm.... it is? cus whenever i use rugger, i just think of it that way and kill people lol. i guess it's just my way. can u actually explain to me why rugger isn't Barret Lite? i don't know why

You can use ruger for rushing, while with brt you can't. With brt you can use scope, and with ruger you can't. With brt, it doesn't matter where are you - above or under enemy - you kill with one shot; with ruger, you should be above to have a chance for headshot.

Uh, I agree with everything except the first.
You can use Barrett to rush, you just need to use a little timing as well as your nades and a sidearm.

And the big reason why I screw up with ruger nowadays is because I'm so used to startup time. (ironic huh?) I can actually time myself so that I can kill an m79 at close range with the startup time and all. (I usually die in the process though, but I get a kill)
..When you rush, it's possible that you'll find more than 1 enemy, and brttard < 2 other players.
..When you rush with something with faster reload, like auto, you are able to kill 2 guys by using the nades.

Barrett = 1 kill, knife = 1 kill, nades = even more kills.
They have sidearms and nades for a reason.

Don't stereotype barrett-users into the camping category...only inexperienced barrett-users will camp.

Even if you meet up with two (or more) guys and you're too lazy to throw a nade or get a sidearm out, there is still another option: keep moving away and to higher ground. The time it takes your bink to go away is about the same time it takes a steyr to reload. That's when you take your next shot. Like I said, timing plays a crucial part in the barrett-user's game strategy.

You're last bit on autos being "able to kill 2 guys by using the nades" doesn't make too much sense. Last I remember, all players have equal access to nades.
You Raff You Ruse.

Offline cunchy

• Soldier
  • D:!
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 05:56:46 am »
The barret wasnt meant for camping 24/7 in my eyes.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 10:05:23 am »

Don't stereotype barrett-users into the camping category...only inexperienced barrett-users will camp.

Even if you meet up with two (or more) guys and you're too lazy to throw a nade or get a sidearm out, there is still another option: keep moving away and to higher ground. The time it takes your bink to go away is about the same time it takes a steyr to reload. That's when you take your next shot. Like I said, timing plays a crucial part in the barrett-user's game strategy.

You're last bit on autos being "able to kill 2 guys by using the nades" doesn't make too much sense. Last I remember, all players have equal access to nades.
Yes you surely will hit with brt while sprayed by 2 autos (just for example.). Of course. Knife? Duh, ok, if you'll get close enough, then probably you will kill *one* of them.
And what about nades? Do they 1hit-kill? Only if you hit legs.

"Don't stereotype barrett-users blahblahblah..." I haven't said that brt is n00b camping only weapon. I've said that it's not a weapon suited for rushing.

The next part is like `zomfgpublic` so I won't comment. (lol rushing and retreating at the same time... xD)

"You're last bit on autos being "able to kill 2 guys by using the nades" doesn't make too much sense. Last I remember, all players have equal access to nades." - Loool. Right, nades help brtard (with knife, rofl) a lot to get a kill. Of course. -.-'

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 11:06:35 am »
i rush kill with barret many times when im desperate, like in DM or CTF for getting flags. and yeah the hitting rate will suck, but it's worth it if you can actually kill an enemy. just a slight question, is rugger like a strong version of shotgun, an old gun, or ordinary rifle?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 12:35:06 pm »
You're trying to steer your own topic offtopic snipah...
o/

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 12:51:50 pm »
You won't die if you wear bulletproof vest.
You fail to understand the whole Anti-Tank-Rifle thing, Are you a tank? No, Are you covered in plated steel that is designed to stop high velocity rounds? No You would still die if you were wearing a vest, This gun literally blows people apart, As in whoops where did my lower fecking torso go?
So wearing a vest won't do squat.

No in game the barret is very clean, it's got alot of bink, but in the right hands it's very deadly.
On the downside, If you are within 10-20 meters of a person with a barret and you bink them, you're still likely to die, Because the barret's bullet still goes brutally straight, lesson is, don't get too close, Ok.

I was talking about the game, not about the real life.

Offline Noobinabox

• Major
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2008, 11:14:38 am »

Yes you surely will hit with brt while sprayed by 2 autos (just for example.). Of course. Knife? Duh, ok, if you'll get close enough, then probably you will kill *one* of them.
And what about nades? Do they 1hit-kill? Only if you hit legs.

"Don't stereotype barrett-users blahblahblah..." I haven't said that brt is n00b camping only weapon. I've said that it's not a weapon suited for rushing.

The next part is like `zomfgpublic` so I won't comment. (lol rushing and retreating at the same time... xD)

"You're last bit on autos being "able to kill 2 guys by using the nades" doesn't make too much sense. Last I remember, all players have equal access to nades." - Loool. Right, nades help brtard (with knife, rofl) a lot to get a kill. Of course. -.-'

Usually when you run forward, the other team runs in the opposite direction as you...
So, when you meet up, you end up pretty close to each other because of momentum.

That's how nades and knife will work in rushing situation. If the nades don't kill, they push the opponent around, making it harder for him to aim.

If you're good at directing your own path in the air, you can actually fly into your opponent and time the shot so that bink will not affect whether you hit or not because your barrell will be so close to them.

When you fail to kill (from missing or w/e) then you keep moving. The run-of-the-mill players usually don't stop and turn back to follow you.

I'm saying that you're stereotyping barrett users into the "no-rush" category.
They can rush, it's just a little different.
You Raff You Ruse.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2008, 12:48:05 pm »
This "difference" is fact that it isn't rush weapon...
If it is rush weapon also, why ppl on clanwars dont use it, say, on laos' upper way?

Offline Noobinabox

• Major
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2008, 10:50:04 pm »
I've used it on the upper way of Laos in a CW.

And the "difference" is that you have to think before you rush.
The way a sniper can be more effective when they rush is to encounter fewer ppl, like you said earlier.

This is where team communication comes in. "Where's inc?" and all that is useful. Looking at your team indicators also helps. If you see a teammate die and he was on the lower side of the screen, it may be a better idea to go high where you'll face less resistance.

If your concept of rushing was really taking on 4 or 5 of the other team, then I guess the barrett isn't a suitable weapon for that. Yet, I don't really think a lone auto-user would have very high chances of winning with odds of 3-4 to 1.
You Raff You Ruse.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2008, 11:53:48 pm »
Ok you *can* use it like that; but it's mainly alt route gun :F
Teamchat works for both sides; autoers who will know that someone is coming upper/lower way will probably spray.
I'm talking about 3v3... and 2 guys with autos/semis are "team", while 2 guys with barrets are 2 lone brtards. (I mean that one can't help another... maybe with nades and socom as secondary ;s)

My point is that it is altroute gun, not main route.
(Btw. brt isn't overpowered; Ah, ok, maybe in 1v1)

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 01:06:27 am »
Barret is not overpowered ....it seems like to an overpowered weapon in a Skillfull player

THATS ALL

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2008, 12:09:52 pm »
Read the fucking rules...
Your signature is too big.

Offline Noobinabox

• Major
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2008, 12:53:53 pm »
Spam much Centurion?

Anyway, Ziem, I see your point too.
For the majority of Barrett-wielders, rushing isn't an easy tactic.
But throughout the soldat community there is a huge variety of players with high-skill levels and low skill levels.

For every gun, there will be a small percentage of players that can use their weapon in such a way as to make the game not fun for anyone else.

I like to think of the barrett as similar to an automatic that focuses all the damage potential of an entire magazine into one bullet that should kill when it hits.

Think of taking all the damage your steyr or hk does in one magazine and firing it all in one "super bullet." The only catch is that you must reload after every shot.

That's what I think the barrett is like. Except that the barrett's bullet goes faster and farther to fill its role of being a "sniper" rifle.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:01:03 pm by Noobinabox »
You Raff You Ruse.