Author Topic: Start up time  (Read 7042 times)

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
Re: Start up time
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 02:19:32 pm »

look at socom and law, both are extremely good. but the knife lost its purpose, which as to kill someone in the early beggining. and the 5 seconds is to get into position not to avoid spawn kill(you can still kill with nades).
BOTH EXTREMELY GOOD?? YOU KIDDING? when is the last time you've seen a lawer in a pub or gather, and when is the last time you've seen a knifer in a gather.. I thought so.
Show me stats with source, or shut the feck up.

go to a pub and do some case study yourself. I've done enough of em.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 06:31:37 pm »

look at socom and law, both are extremely good. but the knife lost its purpose, which as to kill someone in the early beggining. and the 5 seconds is to get into position not to avoid spawn kill(you can still kill with nades).
BOTH EXTREMELY GOOD?? YOU KIDDING? when is the last time you've seen a lawer in a pub or gather, and when is the last time you've seen a knifer in a gather.. I thought so.

lol
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 01:33:12 am »

well, a game should not be balanced from the newbies point of view. it should be balanced from the pros point of veiw.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 12:03:16 pm »
then knife should be nerfed.

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 03:06:40 pm »
then knife should be nerfed.
ZOMG PEOPLE LIEK A WEAPON

OVERUSED!!!111 NERF IT!1111111111

Seriously.

Also, Soccom is way, WAY, WAY more overpowered than any other secondary.
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 11:39:12 am »
since rarely anyone uses it, not much of a problem

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 12:22:42 pm »
Stop bullshitting, excr something. Just in clanwars the knife gets as much kills as law and sock put together. That may sound like much but it ain't. Obviously "rare" + "rare" isn't "superhigh".

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2008, 12:46:07 pm »
I'm going to quote someone that I have not contradicted.
well, a game should not be balanced from the newbies point of view. it should be balanced from the pros point of veiw.

gather and clanwars are both in the category of "pro" , or at least, "semi pro"

Offline 8th_account

• Soldier
  • Munitions Support
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 12:58:48 pm »
Point is..? The weapons are tweaked to work as well as possible in anything from newbies playing offline with bots to sctfl finals. They ain't molded for exclusively clanwars in mind.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2008, 05:14:45 pm »
However, this discussion is about REALISTIC and REALISTIC SURVIVAL. if you've missed that point you should feel really stupid right now. anyway. the knife or soc has the least kills (LAW has the most). and either you put the same limitation on all the other weapons as the knife has. or you remove the fix on the knife.

yes your opinion about this. (still keep in mind this is about REALISTIC and REALISTIC SURVIVAL)

I hope I've been clear enough.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 05:29:30 pm by -Major- »

Offline Spec. Ops

• Major
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 09:22:27 pm »
Since theres only 2 other topics i believe this wouldnt be considered a necropost.
First, Half of you guys are playing normal this is about r/s try it out sometime in an non CS map server.
The socom and the law are way better than the knife in R/S if any of you guys are good at R/S. The socom takes 3 hs's and the law is the best spamming weapon for any map. While the Knife is only useful for close counters or if a guy is rushing you.

Now what your asking Major is the knife be able to be thrown before the 5 second "godmode" which I hated in cw's how a person in CTF_Ash would rush up and throw a knife at you as soon as you lose your 5 second "godmode" It was fixed for a reason. Both the law and ret have delays when you spawn. Fixing it would only make a knife a cheaper weapon in spawning