Author Topic: Bow/Flamed Bow Problem  (Read 769 times)

Offline Spasman

• Major
Bow/Flamed Bow Problem
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:47:42 am »
I have a buy weapons system that uses ForceWeapon. I made the bow and flamed bow available for purchase, but the problem is when it is used, it critically wounds a target and nothing more. It can't actually kill players for some reason. I have DisableWeapon_Cheat=1 or whatever its called already. Any suggestions of what it might be?

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
Re: Bow/Flamed Bow Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 03:31:45 am »
its a bug in some of the weapon code in soldat...im hoping its fixed in 1.5. its to stop the bow from being used properly before it gets picked up (im guessing) but since i used it in my zombie script ive found a way to kind of fix it.

what i do is when a person has less that 0 hp but isnt dead (which is what happens when they are almost killed by a bugged rambo) it spawns a rambo bullet on them, but its a bullet attatched to their ID (ie like they shot it themselves) and it somehow fixes the bug. after that the bow behaves like normal.

Code: [Select]
function OnPlayerDamage(Victim, Shooter: byte; Damage: integer): integer;
begin
Result := Damage;

if GetPlayerStat(Victim,'Alive') = true then begin
if GetPlayerStat(Victim,'Health') < 0 then begin
CreateBullet(GetPlayerStat(Victim,'x'), GetPlayerStat(Victim,'y'), 0, 0,300, 7, Victim);
end;
end;

end;

another way to fix it is to pick up the flag and move it (i guess it also counts as picking up the bow) then after that the bow works normally. or you could always spawn the bow to pickup on the player rather than using forceweapon, that should fix it too (if you can spawn the rambo bow...im not sure if you can, but it should be added in the next server release if not)

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:56:30 am »
You can not do damage with bow if the server isn't in Rambo mode, simple as that; working as intended

Offline Spasman

• Major
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 11:04:17 am »
its a bug in some of the weapon code in soldat...im hoping its fixed in 1.5. its to stop the bow from being used properly before it gets picked up (im guessing) but since i used it in my zombie script ive found a way to kind of fix it.

what i do is when a person has less that 0 hp but isnt dead (which is what happens when they are almost killed by a bugged rambo) it spawns a rambo bullet on them, but its a bullet attatched to their ID (ie like they shot it themselves) and it somehow fixes the bug. after that the bow behaves like normal.

Code: [Select]
function OnPlayerDamage(Victim, Shooter: byte; Damage: integer): integer;
begin
Result := Damage;

if GetPlayerStat(Victim,'Alive') = true then begin
if GetPlayerStat(Victim,'Health') < 0 then begin
CreateBullet(GetPlayerStat(Victim,'x'), GetPlayerStat(Victim,'y'), 0, 0,300, 7, Victim);
end;
end;

end;

another way to fix it is to pick up the flag and move it (i guess it also counts as picking up the bow) then after that the bow works normally. or you could always spawn the bow to pickup on the player rather than using forceweapon, that should fix it too (if you can spawn the rambo bow...im not sure if you can, but it should be added in the next server release if not)

Ingenius. I'll try those when I get home. Thanks.

You can not do damage with bow if the server isn't in Rambo mode, simple as that; working as intended

Well, you CAN do damage, just not kill. Which somewhat defeats the purpose if you have a secondary weapon..