Author Topic: BoneCollectors Weapon Interface/muckaround stuff  (Read 9664 times)

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
BoneCollectors Weapon Interface/muckaround stuff
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:41:56 pm »
I know I'm no expert pixel artist, like Dairy or Papasmurf... but as I'm well known for having a crack at everything, I might as well be known for a little more. Inspiration? Dairy, Papasmurf, and Field Marshal BM (no longer with us, as far as I know). For those about to look at my art, and tell me it sucks... stop there. I don't wanna hear "It sucks ass, try harder"... I want to hear HOW I can make it better. I must remind you, I'm new to this, so give me a break. For now, I'll start:

-:: Revolver-type-thingy ::- (I made this from memory, so dont bag it out)

=====

-:: Golden Colt 1911 (some of you may know it as a .45) ::-
(Borrowed With permisson from Dairys Call Of Duty Colt 1911)  [pigtail]

=====

-:: Glock 19 (spose to be  :-\) With Silencer.

=====

-::  :o S.W.A.T .45 :o (Colt 1911 variant) with L.A.M attachment ::-  8)

=====

*L.A.M*
*new*
*new*
-:: Glock 17 Custom ::- (From a picture I drew back in June last year posted here). There are 4 variants, One with orange handle (same as the link) one without the orange handle, and a few other variants.
*updated* Black Handled Glock with LAM, silver slide with and without L.A.M.

Seems to be my best so far.

=====

-:: Steyr Aug Silent Sniper ::- Kill your enemies quickly. For those who think steyr should have a scope... and zoom features ;) (great skin for your Barrett)

=====

-::Steyr SSG 64::- Variant. You can wipe away the clip if you don't like it. Also a camo version for all you campers ;)

=====

-::Dual Glocks::- Basically, dual versions of my orange glocks above. I may decide to do silenced versions, but thats for a later day ;)

=====

*new*
-::Special Operations US Socom::- Silenced, L.A.M modified version. I know it looks almost like some bashed up version of the gun, but I didn't spend all that much time on the gun at all. Maybe I'll try again later ;)

=====

*new*
*new*
-::Socom silenced, and with a L.A.M::- Just a quick edit of the soldat default Socom, with some extra features. Might end up in a future Soldat Redone mod I'll do ;) Want sounds? PM me, I'll get them for you.

=====

-::M4 SOPMOD::- I think this is alright, for my third attempt at a rifle. As you can see by the trends of my guns so far, I LOVE silencers and L.A.Ms. This version of the M4 includes the L.A.M attachment, and the Silencer. The barrel was a bit short for my liking, but it still looks ok. I might work on the shading a bit more later though, coz I don't think it looks right. New shading technique tho ;)

=====

*Update*
-::IMI Desert Eagle 2Tone::- A few versions. Hope you like them :)

=====

*New* 12/4

-::Glock 17 and Glock 17-S::- - A nice little update of the Glock 17 Dairy did for me about 12 months ago. I was digging through my hold Laptop HDD, and found it. So heres the update.
It's been recoloured, with my own shading technique.

=====

-::M14 W/ Acog Reflex::- Something else I was working on a while ago... Here it is :)

=====

Various Stuff I did for Customizable Weapon Arsenal that I cancelled due to "not being completely" my work.

I'm gonna give the modding game a rest. Without trying to sound emo here, I was shut down because of Skykandens (crude, cruel, slightly cocky) critisism on my help for his CWA. I wish them good luck, but my work isn't going to be included.
Thanks for those who helped me, especially Dairy (for your tips, and letting me practice with your own work.. a true legend!), Espadon (Although you think your better than everyone else... Although I've seen better --not me though--, and you were a little harsh on my work), and various others who I can't think of atm.
Consider this as another thing I tried in order to help/interest fellow soldat forumers.
If anybody wants this stuff... let me know. I'll zip it all up and dump it on my server for newbies to muck around

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 01:04:08 pm by The Bone Collector »
Just another soul to burn.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: BoneCollectors WIP's
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:55:55 pm »
I like those glock 17 (heh i remember that drawing...) but doesen't looks like in the the pic... try to improve that, first of all the outlines and then you find the shadding that you like more. Go Bony go!

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
Re: BoneCollectors WIP's
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:10:29 pm »
I'm still new to shading, and I'm trying my hardest with the shape of the gun. I'm thinking I might make the workspace (image pixel size) a bit bigger, that way I can go into more detail.
Thanks for your comment SkyKanden.
Any suggestions? I've run out of ideas (I drew those that I wanted to draw... now I want suggestions).

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
Re: BoneCollectors WIP's (updated: Steyr SSG)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 02:37:19 am »
Some of the guns have a nice shape but the lack of good shading doesn't make them look good. I suggest that you look at some of the tutorials that the members have done. They helped me when I started modding and are good enough until you find your own shading technique.

OBEY!!!

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 02:41:24 am »
Blackdevil... can you give me links to these tutorials???

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 02:43:53 am »
Uh, i really like Steyr SSG 64, but the AUG... looks strange. I made a tutorial but soon i'll make a new one, and i'll post it

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic

OBEY!!!

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 03:00:38 am »
I'm kinda using those techniques with shading, including my own. Copy any of my pictures from here and paste it into paint. Zoom it in as far as you can, and you will see my crack at the details. ;)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 04:24:02 am »
I done another tutorial, here you have it:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 04:26:21 am by -Skykanden- »

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 04:48:06 am »
The steyr's scope is too big imo make it smaller. Good job for a first timer. If you really want to improve it really comes down too practice. Just keep practicing mess around with colours, shapes and sizes.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 08:05:48 am »
Okay, so - the main thing is that everything is in practice, nobody can just sit 1st time in front of modding and make a masterpiece and own everybody. Always remember this.

Ill help you with replies as much as I can but it will be recently and not at once. Just step by step and slowly. Few tips are in the attached picture. Its your steyr - I made a fast remake and recolor. So here are some tips:

-if you can (with practice you will know when you can and when not) try to add more colors - I mean, more grey (from lightest to darkest) to make it more shaded. With practice you will even know when less is more.

-Please, DONT make the biggest mistake ever. Its under the steyr image. Use straight lines no those sharp one (if you aint making details). Weapons will ook more smooth and nice. The sharper corners can be make with proper shading.

-dont use so big size. The steyr and the sniper rifle is absolutly wrong. It was wide 30 pixels, Soldat isnt able to use that weapons. Well, it is but the weapons will overlap and thats pretty ugly.

Offline t3h_n00b

• Major
  • | Honor | Duty | Glory |
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 08:07:32 am »
Jesus christ it is so fucking big(Steyr)

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 08:12:02 am »
Jesus christ it is so fecking big(Steyr)

Constructive critism is always welcomed.

As you should talk... you aint even able to tell something constructive because you just cant.

So ,please be silent, or just make BETTER.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 08:22:11 am »
This may help you at colors :)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 03:45:50 pm »
O_o that's monochrome, Paffy. xD

nobody can just sit 1st time in front of modding and make a masterpiece and own everybody.

HLT? :P

But yeah, Bone, I think you also need to pay some attention to your grips. Like for the SSG, look at your grip. Do you think you can hold that thing in real life? The ghillie version of the SSG has improved shading relative to the former SSG -- that one looks like you had stamped out a gun shape from a little green plastic card. I'm not going to talk about the Steyr. But yes, Dairy's right. Practice makes a ton of difference, and really, I've found that the guys here are actually pretty good at cracking the whip to get yourself motivated to improve on your work. Keep working at it, and I think you'll start to figure out how it works even without tutorials. Honestly, I don't believe any of the top modders here learned to mod from a tutorial.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 05:44:07 am »
I done another tutorial, here you have it:

Everything is ok, but next time Sky, please another color for background than default lime green, it hurt eyes the most people.
Use that only when necessary.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 08:31:17 am »
This lime green make me feel relaxed. It's eyes healing :)

On topic: You've got to work a bit on shading and a lot on shapes but you're at good way ;)

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
Re: BoneCollectors WIP's (updated: Spec Ops Socom)
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 02:50:34 am »
Updated with the Special Operations SOCOM :)... Kinda like the look of it.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: BoneCollectors WIP's (updated: Spec Ops Socom)
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 03:04:12 am »
Looks like the glock, but longer... Really practice with the outlines. You improved

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
Re: BoneCollectors WIP's (updated: Another SOCOM)
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 06:05:39 am »
Looks like the glock, but longer... Really practice with the outlines. You improved
Kinda does, but I was sketching off a Socom ;)

Updated with a Slighty...ok more than slightly...edit of the Soldat default USSOCOM. Makes a great  secondary for those campers, and lovers of silent weapons ;) Take your enemy out silently, and slip by without so much as a whisper ;)

Edit:with Desert Eagle update. Check it out first post :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:12:03 pm by The Bone Collector »