Author Topic: Neu Mod  (Read 4072 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Neu Mod
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:50:10 am »
Idea is pretty in tune with my "Computer Geek'd" mod; as in highly contrasted with reality. This time, I'm stretching it somewhat less to create an alternate reality with potential. In other words... with the right equipment, you could fire bowling balls or coat hangers as deadly projectiles. But in reality, you couldn't use these ideas to design hand-held weapons.

Coat-Hanger gun:
I'll describe the mechanics of this weapon in some future edit...

Watermelon:
Obviously this weapon has no realistic mechanics. If you could only see it in-game right now... it's pretty ridiculous, but not overpowered-ridiculous. Technically, you could crush someone with a gigantic mountain of watermelon seeds. Anyway, I've always wanted to spray my enemy to death with watermelon seeds.

Bowling Ball cannon:
Little rockets inserted into the holes of a bowling ball, and you get the LAW. The "warning colors" are there as a reminder not to stick one's hand down the bowling ball-acceptor.

Bowling Ball gun v3:
Reference Picture - FYI, there will be 3 versions of the Bowling Ball weapon altogether. Cannon, gun, and some super version I'll use to replace the [tis a secret]. Version 3 has a wider barrel for increased projectile size.

Big Nail gun:
My original idea was neat and complicated, but sadly it was too complicated for me to design a coherent gun out of it. Let's just say that it involved gears and a cranking mechanism, plus some weird muzzle feeder thing [example]. So I dumbed it down a lot. It's now very simple. This is going to fire nail-arrows, so the nails will stick into walls.

Electromagnetic Grenade Thruster (E.M.T.):
Using electric magnets, this contraption propels grenades forward for enhanced range. And yes, it looks like a hairdryer, or something from Megaman.

Explosive Spewer:
Better name pending.

The unrealistic mechanics for this gun are simple: load cluster nades, fire cluster nades. I have no nifty contraption explanation for this gun. It came about by weapons.ini experimenting. The deagles fire two bullets, so I rigged it up to fire bullet-type 10 bullets (single cluster fragments, not the whole cluster grenade, so it causes small explosions when close to enemy contact).

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 11:24:28 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: Neu Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:50:59 pm »
Always loved Geek'd. Looking forward to whatever wackiness you have in store for us this time ^^
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 07:52:29 pm »
What about a combination of a microwave, hot soup and a ventilator as hk replacement? :)

Offline Konf1ikt

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:20:08 pm »
Yeah man. I'm still trying to find that drawing we made of the bowling ball gun, but it doesn't look like it'll turn up. :(
I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to.

Offline Konf1ikt

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 10:21:09 pm »
Also, from what I remember of it, the bowling-ball gun bight be a better replacement for the m79.

Offline Konf1ikt

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 10:21:59 pm »
Love the idea about the microwave and soup! Lol'd.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 10:59:23 pm »
Konflikt, you should use the edit function at the top right of your post to edit your first post. Please don´t write 3 ones in a row ;)

OnTopic: Had 2 more ideas:

SoundBoxes, a microphone and a beeper to increase the sound at once (beeper (Hundepiepser in german, didn´t find a suiting word for it) to microphone to box and box to microphone to box making an endless sound :) ) as a replacement for the minigun.

And one last: a powerdrill as a chainsaw.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:05:14 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 12:11:12 am »
Yeah man. I'm still trying to find that drawing we made of the bowling ball gun, but it doesn't look like it'll turn up. :(

I'm pretty sure I ended up giving that half to you.. or something like that. I know I kept it for a long time, hah! Math class was fun that year

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 07:01:25 pm »
5 guns out of 12 done (probably only doing 12).

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 07:31:04 pm »
I'm looking forwad to this, looks like even more creative than "Computer Geek'd" which was fun to play as well.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Beta Download
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 07:53:23 pm »
A beta teaser is on the loose! Download in top post.

I need some help with weapon balancing.
If you notice something and then think of how
it could be made better, send me a note/
post a comment.

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 08:47:30 am »
seems nice so far, but I think missile.bmp is the wrong way round :P

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 08:52:53 am »
Second version of Bowling Ball is looking less complicated and more compact. But if you want there add any detail, all except stick like first one.

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 10:46:20 am »
Looks nice man gonan download it ;D
Infiltration|Veterinarian

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 02:55:53 pm »
New weapon; the E.M.T.
Bowling ball gun version 3 is released.

No new Beta download.

Offline Shard

• Camper
  • yeet
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 09:37:18 am »
Electrified coil, chocolate bars, and and air compressor! Presto hot chocolate gun!

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 12:29:24 pm »
You may have just replaced the watermelon because I like that idea, and I don't see making two weapons that are super-pushers. Or I could always make this the chainsaw..

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Neu Mod 0.7 released
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 09:29:30 pm »
I will continue to update the small things in here while occasionally releasing a new version here.