Poll

Do you like this idea?

Yes
28 (90.3%)
No
2 (6.5%)
Not Sure/Haven't Decided
1 (3.2%)
Yes, but with some adjustments (be specific)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Bot A.I. Enhancement Suggestions  (Read 2070 times)

El_Spec

Bot A.I. Enhancement Suggestions
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:06:52 pm »
I find that the A.I. in Soldat's bots are really low and pathetic.  With these three suggestions, I believe it'll greatly improve it.

Predator Suggestion

Most players who gain a Predator power-up will keep a low profile if they're playing CTF or Alpha team in Infiltration.  Its annoying how you try to get a Predator bonus when suddenly a bot gains a hold of it and you know how he's going to waste it.  I suggest that when playing CTF or on Alpha in Infiltration, when a bot gets the Predator bonus, it won't attempt to attack any enemy it can see within its screen.  This way, it'll make its way to the objective or flag and hopefully capture it without any enemies knowing he's there.

One-Shot Weapon Suggestion

Everytime a bot fires a one-shot weapon such as the LAW, M79, and mostly the Barrett, it'll crouch or stand right in front of an enemy while he gets a free kills at him.  I suggest that if a bot misses a shot with these weapons, it'll automatically switch to its back-up or secondary.  If he still misses with his back-up, he'll switch back to its primary and reload it.

Reload After Every Fire-Fight

Title mainly explains it.  Its annoying how sometimes bots kill the opposing team within his screen, but doesn't reload.  It'll come in contact with another enemy and with only having several shots left before having to reload.  This makes it easy for the opposing team kill off the bot.  It should be that after a single shot is fired from its weapon, he'll automatically reload it.  Certain weapons such as the Barrett, XM214 Minigun, M79, and Chainsaw have the exception.  All the autos have this supported.

Flame God Behavior

A skilled player would charge and kill as many opponents as much as possible when he has the Flame God bonus.  They know they cannot be harmed and would take advantage of the power-up.  Bots behavior  is different, they run at normal speed and run from grenades.  It should be made that they don't fear bullets or explosives and waypoints are set from normal to run so they can act as if they have an adrenaline.

Comments, thoughts, ideas, or suggestion?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 03:12:41 pm by El_Spec »

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
Re: Bot A.I. Enhancement Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 03:22:15 pm »
I agree with the reload after every firefight. The fact is, they spray their asses off at you, finally kill you, go to kill you again when you've respawned, and run out of bullets after 4-5 shots. ::O
The auto-switch to secondary should have been fixed ages ago, it was promised, but never fulfilled.
My suggestion is the bots actually take the time to aim, and singleshot like real players... I mean... we all use them for practice, why not make them act like normal server players!
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:08:21 pm »
They also need to switch to secondaries.

Offline fepeco

• Major(1)
  • make love and war!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 09:54:34 pm »
F12 I liked but isnt the only things to be fixed on Bot

like when the bot capture the flag he dont shot any more and some times he respaw with the secondary weapon like Terminator ou sniper

sorry for the bad english :/
/fail

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:36:01 am »
Perhaps something more deep like a "personality" (Link dead anyone?) where any given bot might have a different strategy. lets say, joe and bob, joe might be aggressive while bob might be more prone to defense (no pun intended)
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:03:27 pm »

sorry for the bad english :/
Your english isn't bad at all, just a little sloppy, so you don't need to post that in every... post.

Offline japes

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 10:32:37 am »
f12, bots are stupid.

Offline CardGamesFTW

• Major(1)
  • Trap card??!! What trap card!!?
    • Advercash - Make money online
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 07:00:32 pm »
I agree with the bots being dumb. The only thing I want to say is when your in predator mode and shoot a bot they know where you are even if you move around alot, normally a human player wouldn't even notice until they died. Also when a bot has Flame power up, it's still runs away from grenades.
Interests: Childrens card games, Duel Monsters, Blue-eyed
white dragons, friendship, and millennium items.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 07:30:02 am »
Right, bots are dumb, but.. do we REALLY need this? (I mean, there are better things to do...)

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 07:35:19 am »
Right, bots are dumb, but.. do we REALLY need this? (I mean, there are better things to do...)
Think how much better zombie matches would be if bots could ambush players properly and work as a team.
It's not the most important but it would be awesome to see in the future.
Lol, internets.

El_Spec

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 02:55:18 pm »
Also when a bot has Flame power up, it's still runs away from grenades.

I forgot about that, thanks for bringing that up.  I support this idea as well and I'll edit my first post.

Thanks for everyone who supports this suggestion, I just hope that EnEsCe can implement it.

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 06:00:37 pm »
Your ideas are nice but i really could live without them,(mainly because i dont play with power-ups) but i do support a4yo's suggestion, bots having different strategies and also the idea of bots working as a team, if at all possible.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 11:13:34 pm »

3: People naysaying an otherwise good idea because "MM needs to spend his time fixing bugs, not wasting it on <insert easy to do and overall good idea here> The stupidity in that is overwhelming.
IT'S NOT LIKE MM HAS TO DO WHAT WE SUGGEST! THE SUGGESTION FORUMS IS FOR IDEAS, NOT DEMANDS! IT'S ALREADY A GIVEN THAT MM WILL ONLY DO WHAT HE FEELS IS A GOOD IDEA WHEN HE FEELS LIKE IT. WE ALREADY KNOW HE'S GOING TO FIX BUGS FIRST, THIS IS JUST SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT HE SHOULD DO LATER!.

It's almost condescending, as if we were the ones deciding what he should do. "Hmm, maybe I should work on ironing out Soldats bugs. Oh wait, there's a topic here in the forums with a lot of support. *Sigh* guess I'd better get coding. Wait, what's this? Someone cared enough for me to think of my workload. Thank you, kind forumer."

He's smart enough to know to do that first, thanks for your concern...
*edit*I had to look through 10 pages of back posts for that. I hope you're happy
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:15:27 pm by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.