Author Topic: Flamer Affect  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Devilz_Assassin

• Major(1)
  • Time To Be Assassinated
Flamer Affect
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:37:54 pm »
 I thought of this last night while watching some old WWII documetrys and saw that enemies who got flamed werent able to respond and shoot back for 10 seconds before they died, they would probably just run around shouting doing what ever they thought they can do to put out the fire and probably died in 5 seconds. So i am suggesting that maybe when you have the realistic settings on that when hit by a flamer the screen looks like it goes into flames and it will be harder to see with the flames all around the screen and have the bink go off the charts if someone tries to shoots while bing flamed cause you wont be able to keep a steady hand while burning also a higher damage flamer would be good also. just my thoughts on it [flamethrower]
Kickin your Ass and looking good while doing it.

El_Spec

Re: Flamer Affect
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 06:29:08 pm »
Sort-of unrealistic and unneeded.  The flamer already kills fast enough for your player to not respond or even have time to fire your weapon.  It also would affect the gameplay in an unnecessary manner.

Offline Devilz_Assassin

• Major(1)
  • Time To Be Assassinated
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 06:36:43 pm »
flamer for me takes awhile to kill someone even if i had a concentarted stream of fire on them takes me like 8 seconds to kill them and games like wolfenstien that do have falmers have effects like this also where your screen goes on fire not blocking it all out just around the corners and edges have flames so i dont see how its unrealistic its more realsitic if you ask me.
Kickin your Ass and looking good while doing it.

El_Spec

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 06:41:09 pm »
The slowest time it ever took me to kill someone with a flamer was 3 seconds.  You either must have been experiencing lag in a server or used a modified weapon settings.

Soldat is a really simple game, and it really won't change anything if this is implemented.  Everything that has been added has a good reason behind it and this doesn't serve much purpose.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 06:42:56 pm »
The flamer already kills fast enough for your player to not respond or even have time to fire your weapon.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man...you clearly haven't used the flamer in the recent versions.

But seriously, think about it. In wolfenstein it's realistic because of your view. It'd be like having your face set on fire. With Soldat it'd be like having the entire area within 100 feet of you set on fire because of the sideview.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 06:49:50 pm »
Should make it so your Soldat just slows down 50%.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

El_Spec

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 06:55:52 pm »
Oh man...you clearly haven't used the flamer in the recent versions.

Is the current balance seriously that bad?  I haven't had a chance to fully play 1.4.2 because I've been experiencing problems with it and I've been playing 1.2.1 for the past several months.

It would be realistic, but the reason why I don't support this idea is that is it really needed?  I mean, sure the screen will become orange/yellow at the sides but you can witness your player roasting in smoke.  It won't really serve much purpose and isn't worth the coding time.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 08:46:39 am »
I think that this would enable the flamer to be truely concidered a special weapon; as it is, I try to avoid the flamer, because it is near useless after the invuln wears off.
Should make it so your Soldat just slows down 50%.
I support this.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking