Author Topic: Clantactic for dummies?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Balidani

• Major(1)
Clantactic for dummies?
« on: February 14, 2008, 03:28:25 pm »
Are there any basic of clan tactics?
Or in normal mode is it just like pwn everyone you see?
I have a new clan with my friends, and we would like to use some tactics, but cant really figure out anything.
Any ideas, please?
Thank you,
Balidani.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
Re: Clantactic for dummies?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:45:59 pm »
With standard, 3v3 ctf the tactics are rather simple.

Most of the maps have seperate routes, and the basic idea is to have all of  them covered. The fastest route is called the main route, while the slowest one is called the alt route ( like low on laos or up on voland ). Hence most of the action will go down on main route, you'll need to apply the meanest pressure there: two guys have to kill off the enemy, get in the base, let hell break loose, get the flag and score. These two fellows should stick together, complimenting each other's playing style. Most common tactics here are dual-gunning ( two steyrs, two rugers ), less used is one big-hitting semi and one auto ( eg. steyr + de ). The alt guy usually needs to go with a one shot gun, as he needs to take out only one enemy, and then his job is to annoy the respawning members, snatch the flag and make a getaway.

The tricky part comes in when the enemy is just as tough as your team. The alt route player is essential to achieve victory: either the mainers stall the enemy by holding mid while he gets the flag, or he has to be fast enough to get in the base with his teammates, thus trapping the enemy in crossfire.

Then again there are less 'smart' maps, like Dd2 or Death2, where you just have to pwn everyone and victory relies more on individual player power than teamwork.

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 05:37:47 pm »
I am in the process of writing a relatively detailed guide for beginers, intermediate and expert clan player alike. I will be releasing a seperate article every few days/weeks for the next few months or so, until I get bored or tired or lazy. The first article should be out relatively soon.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 03:18:41 am »
1) Rotate Defense. Effective in medium sized maps like Laos and Nuubia. Two people attack. When someone dies, defender assumes offense, and the respawning soldier becomes defense.

2) Stagger Attack. Effective in Kampf and one-way maps. All three people attack same route, but give each other time and space when entering opponent's base. First person is distraction. Second person is FFC. Third person is cover fire.

3) Behind Defense. Effective in large maps. One person takes top route and runs past a defender. Defender pursues, and second person comes from different route (or behind) to take out defender. The person in front is the flagger, and should not be caught in a shootout (this way, the first person is a flag carrier and distraction)

My favorites. And they're easy to work out.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 04:33:10 am »
General tactic that I was taught by a fellow forumer.
This is all the forumer taught me so far... but I'm getting better ;)
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 04:58:11 am »
Lul, basic and not very good b2b tactic ftl.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh