Author Topic: Stranded Isles  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Stranded Isles
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:24:39 am »
Stranded Isles
Alright, I know I posted this map in the maptease thread, but I'll keep all the future updates and yada-yada in this thread. Eventually, it'll turn into a real map. Of course, a different style from my usual. Lately, I've been making dark omminous maps. There is another version of this map that I'll preview here soon. It's just a non-sunset version with maybe a few changes. I'll probably add more islands as well...

^click^

Meant to be played on realistic/survival. Not sure what gamemode will be though... I planned originally to have it where Alpha spawns on the left island while bravo spawns throughout the islands making them a little more vulnerable and spread out. So, Alpha team has to have teamwork to successfully complete a round, and Bravo has to be tactical, maybe by camping in bushes alone to try and conquer the grouped-up Alpha team.

Will probably be bot supported, where the bots just hang around on their little islands pacing around, maybe island hopping every-so-often if the waypoints provide. To make it so that players can't just arc-spray the other islands, tree tops might collide (which I planned to have originally anyway). Some trees might have the option to jump onto the tops of them and sniping nests. You'd be surprised as to the distance of the islands. These islands are maybe 2 screens apart?

Typical me, but this may be my last map that I'll make. I've said this multiple times throughout the course of this last 500 posts, so I'm probably really lying. In other words, don't count on me leaving anytime soon ::), but I've been thinking about it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 11:36:41 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: Stranded Isles
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 12:48:34 pm »
no .pms? ok, you could put a cone in the water, to make the reflection
gameplay is very different in this one. Little jet will be nice, but then the comunication between the 2 islands would be impossible.
this could work like bridge, with spawns in boths sides, but I don't know
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 06:33:56 pm »
Hmm, I wish there was a way to "take over spawns," as in like strategical points. Then spawns could be placed evenly throughout the map, and then you could take over spawn points...that would be similar to Battlefield 2 though...and a lot of other games. That would be a fun gamemode though, not that it would ever happen :P (well, I sorta sounded like those "let's have vehiclez" fanatics)

Yeah, I'm not too sure how I'll make traversing the islands possible. At the moment, there's just enough jet to make it. I may as well just leave it that way.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 06:38:44 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 06:36:27 pm »
You can do that with scripting.
Banned

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 06:42:21 pm »
Really? Well figures ::).

//really off topic but:// Worms games are pretty fun...I've been playing Worms Armageddon lately...ya //offtopic//

Offline Snake

• Soldier
  • Chu Canadien Criss!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 06:45:40 pm »
wooo!! I find this map pretty danm awsome