Author Topic: Alien vs Predator 2 - Marine FullMod - With preview vids! (UPDATE: 20.March)  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Headstriker

• Major(1)
Hello everyone.

This is the mod i create when i have time to, it's the setup how i play soldat and you can check it out and leave me feedback. The weight in this mod lies in the weapons, gosteks and sfx (AvP2 sounds, + some Valve game sounds). It's going to be a fullmod, with everything replaced, every sound is picked carefully so that the whole sound background sounds nice and smooth.
I will create the best AvP2 weapons from the game.
That's the Pulse Rifle (done), Smartgun (doneish), Railgun (done), Minigun (done)

I work on it to create some videos to preview the weapons and effects, to give you a taste of what i'm creating here, and because videos show more than simple pictures.

I keep updating this thread when i have some finished stuff. Read on, to check out some detail info about the mod..

First video is the alpha explosion i modified from an existing one i found very nice and i use for ages now, it shows the effects in slowmotion, hope the quality is good enough.

:::Alpha Explosion Preview Video:::
CLICK TO WATCH!
> DOWNLOAD alpha explosion big!
>HQ flamethrower sound

> DOWNLOAD Smartgun

> DOWNLOAD AvP2 Marine classic big interface

> DOWNLOAD AvP2 Marine compact interface

Alien vs Predator 2 - Marine FullMod"

Here i created a small video preview, which shows you the looks and sounds of the new guns ingame. I focus on the AvP2 weaponary in this video, more will come for sure.

:::!NEW! :::AvP2 Weaponary video preview:::
CLICK TO WATCH!

Weaponinterface: With alpha transperency facelifting.

Weapon pics:

M41-A Pulserifle (4):

Shotgun (5):

Railgun (6):

Sniper (8 )

Smartgun (9):

Minigun(0)

Pistol:

Custom REG Interfaces:
I included my FEAR2 micro interface, and the 2 AvP2 Marine POV interfaces. No unreg interface at the moment.

Gosteks:
Team1
    Normal             Dread            Punk                Hat               Helm              Mr.T

Team2
      Punk          Normal

I use these gosteks since i started modding some years ago, they represent an AvP2 marine(Team1) and the Corporates(Team2)

Special Details:

Team1:
- Bags on the thighs
- Bulletstopper Torso
- Hands are covered with fingerless gloves.
- Bulletstopper on thighs and lowerlegs
- Feet are covered with Combat boots.
-"Normal" Haircut wears black virtual interface glasses
-"Dread" wears virtual interface glasses with haircolor
-"Punk" Changed to a haircut similar to "Guile" from Streetfighter, wears black Virtual Interface Glasses
-"Mr.T" is a Gasmask
-"Helm" is special shaped Combathelm
-"Hat" is a special Mask, just looks cool ;) maybe will be changed to the ABC trooper mask of AvP2

Team2
- bulletstopper on tighs and lower legs
- "Normal" Army haircut, with special shaped beard
- "Dread" Added "Normal" beard, rest almost unchanged
- "Punk" Changed to Nightvision googles, with the color you choose for hair, haircolor on model will stay brown
- "Mr.T" Gasmask, same as Team1
- "Helm" Army helm
- "Hat" Barret with microphone

Mainweapon:
1: Will stay Deserteagle or another weapon from the AvP2 universe which fits the physics of the Deagle.
2: -made with help of a resized original picture
3: -made with help of a resized original picture
4: -made with help of a resized original picture, alternative AvP2 M41-A Pulserifle.
5: AvP2 shotgun, but with different knob. Maybe knob will be changed to the original knob.
6: AvP2 Railgun
7: Futuristic Grenade Launcher, fires high explosive Pipebombs
8: A modern big Sniperrifle with no special name.
9: The weapon of the "Contra 3 - Alien Wars" protagonist. This slot will go to the "AvP2 Smartgun" when it's done
10: AvP2 Minigun

Secondary:
Pistol: Colors will probably change to the greenish AvP2 pistol,general look will stay as is.
Knife: Will get the AvP2 knife interfacepic
Chainsaw: Maybe i try to remake it completely or i leave it untouched. (gfx-model changed slightly)
LAW:not finished, will get an alternative with the SADAR Rocket Launcher of AvP2.

SFX info:
Sfx is mainly taken from the AvP2 gamesounds, some sounds come from Team fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead (berserker for instance), i added some additional sounds in the folder which you will find easily and you can test them out. I labeled the unused sounds with their respresent weapon. I've choosen only sounds that sound really nice, so no bland and boring sounds.
- Different dist-gun sounds, to create a different and more intense athmosphere
- best bryzg.wav you can get ;)

TXT:
Changed font.ini a little bit, so the ingame font has different look now.

This mod is basically my setup how i play Soldat, i love the game AvP2 so the majority of the elements are taken from this game. Almost every sfx sound has been replaced with sounds of AVP2 (majority) and a small part from Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2. Due the fact this mod is WIP i left some additional sounds in the folder and some elements haven't been changed, but will be added soon. My core changes are "gostek-gfx", "weapon-gfx" and "sfx", i'm not that good at interface shading and drawing, but i managed to draw them with help of resized original pictures. Need a little more practice with it.

I never really modded on a pro level with all this pngs and photoeffect editing, so this is what i can offer so far. Please test it out and leave me feedback and not just download it. I've seen my thread has 300+ views but only a few "reviews", so people give it a try, this would help me big time for further moding work!

Update:
Tried the smartgun, this is what i got so far, feedback welcome!

Download Smartgun

AvP2 Marines POV Interfaces

I created an interface with the icons of my all time favorite game AvP2. It features the interface elements of the marine POV.

I'm quite satisfied with the layout, the positioning is more "soldat classic interface" like with HP - AMMO - JET. The second version is a left side compact interface. Test it out and tell me what you think about it, feedback is always good :)

Here are screenshots:

-AvP2 Marine classic big interface-

-AvP2 Marine compact interface-

-------------------------------------------

Alpha Explosion
Little time to play around with the soldat stuff, but i experimented a little with this alpha transperency which is THE thing it seems ;) So i created a big alpha explosion + the scaled down flamer graphics (33%) off an awesome explosion i got from a WWII mod ages ago, don't remember which mod it was so i can't give credit unfortunately, tell me if you know it's exact origin.
If someone wants to know how i did it, it's quite easy: I just replaced the green background with black and used GIMP to set the transperency as followed: layer - transperency - color to transperency - color: black , that's it! I included the basic version with green background in the package so you can experiment by yourself, maybe you can make it even better.

Here some screens:

(grenade, m79 explosion)

(flamer, you need to see it ingame..)

>DOWNLOAD alpha explosion big!

Next weapons:

"Smartgun"

and
"Railgun"

Thanks for feedback, downloading and have fun!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:49:45 pm by Headstriker »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: AvP2/Modern Mixmod "Marines vs Corporates" (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 05:21:33 pm »
You already have this in Partial, so I'll just lock this and move the original.

Unlocked; these both then belong here since both are in WIP stage.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 07:01:24 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Headstriker

• Major(1)
Re: AvP2/Modern Mixmod "Marines vs Corporates" (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:04:18 pm »
Thank you very much Espadon.

Offline Headstriker

• Major(1)
The mod is taking shape and i finished the AvP2 weapons for the mod. So it's time for an update! In addition of pictures i show you 2 video previews of both the alpha explosion and the new weapon.gfx + sounds. Shading of the interface pics is not final, but feedback is welcome!

:::Alpha Explosion Preview Video:::
CLICK TO WATCH![/color]
> DOWNLOAD alpha explosion big!
>HQ flamethrower sound

:::!NEW! :::AvP2 Weaponary video preview:::
CLICK TO WATCH!

Weaponinterface:

Weapon pics:

M41-A Pulserifle (4):

Shotgun (5):

Railgun (6):

Sniper (8 )

Smartgun (9):

Minigun(0)

Pistol:

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 11:14:32 am by Headstriker »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Pistol will have green artifacts on the hammer and the trigger guard. Keep the edges clean if you're not working in PNG.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Headstriker

• Major(1)
Yeah i know, it's just the result of the resize i did to make them look big enough for the post.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
You can avoid that if you zoom in Paint and printscreen?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:04:16 am by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Headstriker

• Major(1)
It was 2* 200%, pistol 3* was enough to show how they look like

DarkCrusade

Dont show pics of your weapons in that zoomingoption, show it like it would appear in game!

Offline Headstriker

• Major(1)
So now it should be fine for everyone ;)

DarkCrusade

GW till now, but I´d suggest to do some more shading on the weapons, the dark colors more dark and the light colors some more light. And I would say, that there should be black outline on the scopes lights and you should just have 1 light for each (not 2 red lights).