Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [WIP]  (Read 62710 times)

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [WIP]
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 10:43:27 pm »
Lol, if you're wondering where your CP4 is, I could ask the same thing. ;) None of us have it.

And I didn't have so much of a problem with the sniper's bullet, I think like, it doesn't kill you one hit, why should it be heavy and thick? And it's not like its massive in Halo either...
so it's not out yet, sorry, I didn't know that...

Sniper rifle 's bullet should just be 3 pixels wide, that would be perfect.

because the current bullet looked too dark, in halo, the bullet is almost white.

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 03:25:15 pm »
Well really, in Halo it had smoke trails. ;)

I'll try it with 3 pixels, but I think that it'll just make it look over sized (thats most of the size of your head you know ;) )..

[EDIT]

I tried it out (by stretching the bullet image to 3 pixels) and I didn't think it looked so great. Maybe its because I play on 1024*768, but the bullet already looks pretty wide to me ingame. With 3 pixels it didn't look bad, but it didn't make it look better either. I tried with two pixels wide too, if you really want the bullet wider I wouldn't cry if it was two not one...really, its kinda hard to tell the difference in game.

But yeah, IMO a thicker bullet makes it look more powerful, and the sniper isn't a one hit kill so I don't feel that it needs to be thick.

Just my 2c, feel free to try it yourself and see. ;) (I use wink too often...)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 03:47:51 pm by Hiro »
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Llama

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 03:42:58 pm »
wait, you can HS people?
Ever been spat on by a Llama before?

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 03:52:37 pm »
Eh? Um... I dunno if it does more damage, but you can indeed shoot people in the head. ;) And if you kill them like that, their head goes flying, thats how you know.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Tough Tim

• Major(1)
  • What? What?
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:45 pm »
Oh.
My.
God.                                 :o
               This looks beautiful. Simply awesome.
I wanna beta test, but I've never beta tested before, so I'd probably suck... Grumble. >:(

Oh well, good luck, and I hope all goes well, cos this is looking like the beastiest mod ever. (That's a good thing.)

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 04:19:44 pm »
Lol, to beta test all you have to do normally is try to do stuff that you shouldn't be able to do...
Since this is just a mod of soldat, which is stable, all we have to do is provide feedback on the ballance, correctness and looks of stuff.

I'm not such a great tester since my experiance with Halo is limited. XD
But ballance I can do...and some looks stuff.

Offline la resistance

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2008, 10:38:06 pm »
Hey~! I'm loving the new thread all shiny and stuff!

I have gotten some sounds together and thought you should have a look at them. How would you like me to get them to you?

They are as follows:
Gravity Cannon
Missile Pod
Spartan Laser
Generic Explosion

If you can find videos on youtube provide links and moments in it to where the sound should come from and I can get them for you.

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 04:36:23 am »
What the heck is the Gravity Cannon?

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline Kiol of Tw

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2008, 05:05:34 am »
I think the gravity cannon is the thing that the prophet of something uses to try to kill you in halo 2
LOL let's kill

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2008, 12:26:13 pm »
Well really, in Halo it had smoke trails. ;)

I'll try it with 3 pixels, but I think that it'll just make it look over sized (thats most of the size of your head you know ;) )..

[EDIT]halo did make it look powerful...

I tried it out (by stretching the bullet image to 3 pixels) and I didn't think it looked so great. Maybe its because I play on 1024*768, but the bullet already looks pretty wide to me ingame. With 3 pixels it didn't look bad, but it didn't make it look better either. I tried with two pixels wide too, if you really want the bullet wider I wouldn't cry if it was two not one...really, its kinda hard to tell the difference in game.

But yeah, IMO a thicker bullet makes it look more powerful, and the sniper isn't a one hit kill so I don't feel that it needs to be thick.

Just my 2c, feel free to try it yourself and see. ;) (I use wink too often...)
and headshot does 25%(or 15%) more damage, so just boost the sniperrifle's power a little bit and we can have a 1-headshot and 2-body shot rifle.

maybe the bullet is just too dark, or 2 pixel just dosen't make that tracer effect look good, that's just me, but I do think that the bullet should be a little brighter if possible.

replying in this forum is tricky, I have posted alot of reply in a quote.

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 10:25:59 pm »
Um, to quote you just hit the quote button next to a post.... Was that your problem? I didn't get what you mean by that last sentence...

And that's good to know about the sniper. :)

And, uh, the sniper smoke in Halo isn't really so bright you know? Have you seen it? Maybe this bullet could be a little brighter, but not too much. If it was pure white it would look off.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2008, 06:32:52 pm »
Sorry for the massive delay; I've been trying to obtain some sounds [not mentioning lately a few inconvenient school projects came up]. Before I release CP4, I also want to redo the Splaser shot and flash. As for Llama...well, I'll think about it.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008, 08:07:57 pm »
Um, to quote you just hit the quote button next to a post.... Was that your problem? I didn't get what you mean by that last sentence...

And that's good to know about the sniper. :)

And, uh, the sniper smoke in Halo isn't really so bright you know? Have you seen it? Maybe this bullet could be a little brighter, but not too much. If it was pure white it would look off.
I kinda posted in your quote, then I fixed it...

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2008, 09:13:04 pm »
Okay, so here's the new SpLaser shot. Needs to be more transparent-ized? Can't really notice how opaque it is in real gameplay since the shot flies so fast, but eh.

Also... flamer..OP'd, anyone?

No?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:10:39 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 10:22:27 pm »
If that's the same flamer as in CP3, it's not OP'd. Well done on getting Cheater with it though, if you did. :)

And that new SpLaser bullet looks awesome! Although to me it looks more opaque than the old one, not more transparent.. And it has a darker red, which looks way more intense and cool.

Offline Tough Tim

• Major(1)
  • What? What?
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008, 10:24:30 pm »
Hell, it's awesome.  :o
I agree with Hiro, it should be a touch more opaque, and darker red. That'd be beasty.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008, 10:30:42 pm »
I don't want to make it any more opaque; it'll start looking bad. I was just fearing if the opaque shot lacked the laser "glow."
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Tough Tim

• Major(1)
  • What? What?
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2008, 11:00:21 pm »
Ahhhh.....

Genius.
                                   I think...

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2008, 06:35:57 pm »
Okay, so here's the new SpLaser shot. Needs to be more transparent-ized? Can't really notice how opaque it is in real gameplay since the shot flies so fast, but eh.

Also... flamer..OP'd, anyone?

No?
this is exactly what I wanted it to be.

and aren't you going to make a halo explosion? that napalm-ish explosion does not work well with your mod.

Offline inuyasha56

• Major(1)
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2008, 07:56:41 pm »
Dude,that's not an explosion. He's using a flamer thrower.