Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [WIP]  (Read 62824 times)

Offline kittycat

• Major(1)
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy [WIP]
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2008, 11:20:32 pm »
im not :p btw ima average in school :p
hey everyone go to\/ and go put feedback on the HLT mod by espadon, its the best.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=24703.0

Offline Nemihara

• Major
  • Thanatos
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2008, 10:41:32 pm »
It's been a while since I've even touched Soldat.  I haven't been here since late March; I've been busy with other things, and I've joined a new forums.  Unsurprisingly, it's Halo related.

Let me see...

Missile Pod is semi auto, the firing rate between each missile is like...A third of a second?  I'll go check.

Offline kittycat

• Major(1)
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2008, 07:58:53 pm »
i told u espadon.. gosh.. but no.. u neva listen to me >:p

Date Posted: May 21, 2008, 08:55:14 pm
hey i just noticed some btw :p srry for double post but the smg on cp4 stage the back handle thing is kinda to close to the handle were trigger is(srry i dont know the right words :p)
hey everyone go to\/ and go put feedback on the HLT mod by espadon, its the best.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2008, 09:22:34 pm »
For the record, C-37 told me about the mispod rate way before you did. Second of all, the M7's stock can be extended and is usually shown such in Halo 3 renders.

So thanks, but no thanks.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline kittycat

• Major(1)
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2008, 09:02:52 am »
hey espadon i just got  a xbox360 and halo 3 so if u need anything just ask kay? i check this thread daily :)

Offline Exodus

• Camper
  • :<
    • All join the soldat steam group :D (if you have steam)
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2008, 09:07:48 am »
Missile Pod is semi auto, the firing rate between each missile is like...A third of a second? I'll go check.

Yeah, it's one  re-click of the trigger, which I'd guess is about that
Thanks for standing still, wanker!

Offline kittycat

• Major(1)
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2008, 03:21:01 pm »
ye

everytime u click it fires

Offline Exodus

• Camper
  • :<
    • All join the soldat steam group :D (if you have steam)
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2008, 03:37:16 pm »
no ****, but you can't hold fire, so it takes about 1/3 of a second between clicks, which I belive has been already said..

EDIT: KittyCat, are you like 10?
Thanks for standing still, wanker!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2008, 07:33:13 pm »
Been working on the Covenant weaponsets. Ah, need to perfect the Beam Rifle and do the Mauler in-games, and the entire Cov Statgun [yuk], but otherwise the Halo 3 aspect is pretty much complete.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:08:34 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2008, 03:45:15 am »
Looking extremely good, love the beamrifle and the FRC most. Also are you going to include a brute version of the plasma rifle? I liked it back in halo 2. Also whats going to be in the knife slot?

In any case, thats totally perfectionist content I see here. The battlerifle looks a bit blurred/smudged/undetailed compared to the others on that list, maybe a few higher contrast details that you could bring out of it?

P.S Cant wait to try this out. : )

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2008, 03:55:20 am »
I hope you just don't delay the release date, I'll start calling you fecking nintendo if you do...
Lol, internets.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2008, 04:30:51 am »
I hope you just don't delay the release date, I'll start calling you fecking nintendo if you do...

He does reserve his rights for that one, but I think 1 month is plenty of time to finish and perfect this mod.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2008, 08:15:45 am »
I hope you do understand there are only 30 days in June. :)

I'll see what I can do with the BR. Not totally happy with the bottom shading on the Beam Rifle yet, but getting there... honestly that gun is the toughest gun to outline since I'm refusing to use PNG menus. Stupid tapering.

Btw, ah, knife slot is the Energy Cutlass [read: Stray Needle]. Haven't agreed on an 'official' graphic for it, but currently using a PNG graphic only to mirror the Energy Sword.

Date Posted: June 01, 2008, 08:27:38 am
Did some more work. I think I'm liking the current Beam Rifle in-game now -- used PNG for the taper; thankfully the graphic didn't plastic-foil. Seems to me that the game will plastic-foil flat rows of non-AA'd pixels and also has disagreements with, eh, rounded profiles. Long tapering shapes like the E-sword and Beam rifle appear to be more agreeable to Soldat. Dunno, could just as well be my graphics card. >.>

Also tweaked shotgun grip and cranked the BR a bit. Slight tweakage on the bottom of the Beam Rifle.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:08:45 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2008, 10:10:03 am »
Some suggestion on perfecting the brute spiker:

First look at the blade of the one in this pic. The edge is brighter than the blade itself, so you should bring that out on yours. And then at the top-right theres the tiny "aiming thing", a tiny tooth on the top right of the gun. Its missing on yours. Just a tiny pixel there would do the job.

The battlerifle looks better now, but now I realized that the beam rifle has the same issue. If you could add some detail below it, it would make it fit better.

Btw, isnt the energy blade too short?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2008, 10:56:29 am »
To answer your questions, you must understand that with pixel work, and I stress the fact I'm not using AA [that would be another story], you can't include every detail because if you do, it exaggerates way too much. So if I added the forward sight, instead of making the Spiker look like it should, it'll instead make it look as if the front shroud has been 'jerked up.' The character of the gun is the most important thing. I can make a super-detailed MA5C but get all the proportions wrong and even if I have all the right detail elements, the gun won't have 'the MA5C feel' to it -- I hope you understand what I'm getting at. Of course, as I said above, if I was using PNG then I could just put on a dot at, say 30%, to simulate a 'half pixel' for the sight.

Brightened up the blade edge... do remember I still have to keep it relatively dark due to the fact when you make a smaller version the colors need to kind of average out [and the semi-AA going out to the outline to retain the curved aspect]... Added some shadows to the underside of the Beam Rifle. The H3 Beam Rifle is a lot more bland-looking than the H2 version [fewer greebles]... redid the scope. I like it now.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:09:00 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2008, 11:19:45 am »
Yeah, no worries mate, I do understand what youre saying on the too much detail, I had alot of complications when back when I was doing the old gundam 3 mod as I was trying to squeeze the most of the details I could find on the lineart picture I based the weapon on from mahq.net.

The list does look much better now, I dont see anything to change this time infact. Great work!

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2008, 01:22:34 pm »
Herro Espadon. Looks amazing. Par for the course I would say ;).

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2008, 03:02:41 pm »

Plasma Cannon.. check.
Maulers... done.
MA5C... revised.

Plasma Cannon's a ugly piece of metal... I looked at it before I did the pixel work and I'm like, gosh! That's a finking slug on wheels.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:09:09 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Scarab

• Soldier
  • I don't have personal text.
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2008, 03:08:06 pm »
I think Barret should be Spartan Laser.
I don't have a signature

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2008, 03:14:15 pm »
If everyone was as conventional as you there would be no Spartan Laser. Deal with it; it's for balance purposes.
CRYSO | HLT