Author Topic: Access violation at address 00534E13 in module 'Soldat.exe' Read of address 0000  (Read 5021 times)

Offline 3vilCashew

• Major(1)
Ok I just tried to enter a server and this error popped up.

Access violation at address 00534E13 in module 'Soldat.exe' Read of address 00000000

I don't know what caused this and how to fix it could you please help.

El_Spec

Access Violations.

Although in version 1.2 this problem was supposed to be fixed, it still occurs now and then. The error message commonly being:

'Access Violation at address 0055411E in module 'Soldat.exe', Read of address 0000000000'

It's been reported that it happens more frequently during viewing of Demos. To solve this problem do the following:

1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - it's the most common cause of this problem.
      2. Do not use 'Reg. Cracks' On Soldat.
      3. Uninstall Soldat.
      4. Delete the Soldat folder to remove any leftover files.
      5. Restart your computer.
      6. Install the latest version of Soldat.
      7. a) For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'Windows\system32' folder. *
         b) For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'Windows\system' folder. *
      8. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'Windows' folder*

* If you do not see these files, open My Computer, go to Tools > Folder options > View, enable 'Show hidden files and folders', and click 'Apply to all folders', Yes, and Ok. If those files are on your system, you'll be able to find and delete them now. However, if you don't have them, then steps 1-7 should have fixed the problem.

If this does not solve the issue, then you have programs running that are interfering with Soldat. Close all messengers, chat programs, anti-virus programs, etc. before running Soldat to ensure it is at its peak stability. Then try running Soldat with one program open at a time until you find which program you must leave closed to play Soldat.

Also, ensure that you do not have any spyware or keyloggers, trojans, virii, etc. on your system, as they can cause these issues as well. Update your anti-virus (Grisoft's free anti-virus is one of the most popular and most reliable), perform a full system scan, and use assistant programs such as Spybot S-D and Ad-aware to remove any other malware you may have.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
Nice work posting two posts btw...
Just another soul to burn.

Offline 3vilCashew

• Major(1)
I did that and it didn't work. Now I'm getting the other error. Sorry for the double post BTW. I can't even enter a server the error will pop up. Someone please help.

OK I friking did that and IT DIDN'T WORK. WTF this is so fucking retarted. NO ONE IS HELPING are there even moderators?!?!?!?!? DOES ANY ONE ELSE GET THIS ERROR? CAUSE IT'S PISSING ME OFF. Now I only get the error when I move. If I just stand there it won't come up but when I walk it comes up. HELP MEEEEEE
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:50:44 am by 3vilCashew »

El_Spec

What are your system specifications?  You can also check to see if they're updates for your video card.

Offline 3vilCashew

• Major(1)
Ok but now it happens when I get hit. =(           (sad face)

Manufacturer:     
EMACHINES
Processor:    
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz
Memory:    
502MB RAM
Hard Drive:    
195 GB
Video Card:    
Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Monitor:    
IBM 2235 C50
Sound Card:    
Realtek HD Audio rear output
Speakers/Headphones:    
Keyboard:    
USB Root Hub
Mouse:    
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:    
Operating System:    
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

There you go that's my system specs.

El_Spec

Your hardware isn't a problem, Soldat should run very well with those specifications.  Have you tried finding updates for your drivers yet?  The last thing I can suggest is to check on "Video Compatibility" in the Soldat Setup.  If it still doesn't work, I can't help you from there.  I suggest you seek either a beta tester or a moderator of this board for help.

Offline 3vilCashew

• Major(1)
I already tried the Video Compatibility. (sad face) Yeah I thought I had up to date drivers but I'll check.

Date Posted: February 23, 2008, 02:42:32 pm
w00t got it to work