Author Topic: Player levels  (Read 9464 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Player levels
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:43:05 am »
Everywhere in Soldat I see, I see a handily quick separation between the newbs, noobs and the pros. But nothing more complicated than said skill system ever arises, and out of sheer boredom about what to do with Soldat.

What we know is that there is a variation of a player's skill in Soldatering, and that some skills cannot be put into one of the less definitive categories I mentioned before. Here I present you the levels:

1st Level: A boring newbie to play with or against. They will use jets and fire weapons separately, not together. Will often stop, shoot, and miss their targets. Slow movement is apparent in all starting Soldat players. Will not notice predator mode.

2nd Level: A step up from the newbie level, but not much more skilled, although movement skills has increased. Not pro. Any average Soldat players, or old pros at their weakest, can take care of these second levelers. Will notice predator mode after invisible player has repeated misses.

3rd Level: Almost quite pro. Movement skills and aiming skills are a lot better, and these guys can fire guns and jet at the same time. Still not strategically intelligent, as CTF may be quick to point that weakness out. This is your average Soldat Joe. Will notice predator mode, but will sometimes miss.

4th Level: Your typical pro. They'll usually have high scores, or good K:D in-game. CTF and HTF skills would be smoother now. Speed and power is dominant in most typical pros.  3rd-levelers will have a pretty difficult time taking them out. Players in pred mode will be noticed and shot down before the invisible guys take their first shot.

5th Level: Middle-level pro. This is the part where guys of this level can easily deal with two enemies at once, and still cap the flag. Players level 2 and lower would be sure to avoid them if they value their own lives. Invisible players are no problem for them.

6th Level: Higher-ranking pro. You'll see a lot of these people in very skilled Soldat clans, and they'll kick, punch, nade, burn, and gun their way through weaker Soldat players to get the big title. Unless you have backup teammates [in CTF], do not approach these guys. Will notice predator mode amid several explosions.

7th Level: Highest possible level for a pro to get, before they ascend to the Godlike level. Nades will not work, autos and sniper guns will not work, and a whole bunch of people after one 7th leveler would need a bunch of bodybags to follow soon afterwards. But they are, after all, human, and can be taken down with impunity. Players in predator mode will stick out like a sore thumb.

8th Level: God. Soldat skills at their finest, and also the height of the moment that you need to quit Soldat and get a life. You can take down these guys, if they actually really exist, with a couple of level 7 players teamed up against the 8th-leveler.

9th Level: Unheard of. Hackers with many arsenal of hack tools at their disposal will lurk on this level, but they're dishonest players. Honest ones are nowhere to be found in this category.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 01:19:09 pm by Blue-ninja »

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
Re: Player levels
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 11:49:18 am »
Nice level table ;D

I'm on the 3lvl  :P

"Almost quite pro" 8)

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 12:10:57 pm »
Not a bad table, but you describe the level gaps as pretty huge. True that there is one big break between casual players and clanners/gatherers, but after that the next big leap in skill is with the best clans ( check top 20 of SCTFL ). Otherwise everyone can have a bad day, or others can have better days when they can take on even stronger players or get mauled by 'lowly' enemies. And then we haven't talked about how most people tend to have a 'weak' map, where they'll just play whack, no matter what (:

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 12:20:44 pm »
It's possible that 6th and 7th players will be very good in any default map, or any given new maps that are really good. Those are the guys that can cope with tight spaces and huge spaces, as clearly demonstrated in ctf_Ash, where the 'fortresses' provide a sanctuary for spawners and other people that like to take advantage of tight places, and the wide-open space around the fort is reserved for cappers and people that are comfortable with wide spaces.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 12:21:59 pm »
Yay ;D
I'm somewhere between lvl 7 and lvl 8 ;D
but then again I play in realistic only.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:23:31 pm by blackdevil0742 »

OBEY!!!

El_Spec

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »
Level 6 skill for me.  I rarely ever find a good challenge.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 12:32:14 pm »
Yay ;D
I'm somewhere between lvl 7 and lvl 8 ;D
but then again I play in realistic only.

Looking at SRL, and knowing that you don't clan... you might want to re-think that ;x
By that, I'd be suited as a level 6, a seven on the better days or when hitting 'the zone'.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 12:35:23 pm »
That's a pretty accurate table.

I'd say I'm a level 7 - 8 when it comes to non-realism CTF... but that's pretty much all I play.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 12:39:22 pm »
Looking at SRL, and knowing that you don't clan... you might want to re-think that ;x
By that, I'd be suited as a level 6, a seven on the better days or when hitting 'the zone'.
Why? I've never had problems with clan players. In realistic CTF i'm normally taking down four players each time. But I play in public but clan players are just like everybody else in skill on pubs.

btw don't look at the stats on LRS..I often fooled around like killing myself with the knife and m79 several matches.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 12:47:50 pm by blackdevil0742 »

OBEY!!!

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 12:42:55 pm »
i'm around 4 or 5
if i really have a good day, then 5~76
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 06:52:40 pm by tehsnipah »
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 12:48:36 pm »
5-7, I am a clanner/gathertard but I at least know where I am at.  Demonic has it right. This topic will end up making me laugh my ass off.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 12:58:46 pm »
blackdevil, it's not the clan tag which makes people good. If I join a public, it's like playing botmatch, relentless of the enemy being Soldier_pl or [1337] soldier_pl. The very best of each gamemode form a tight clan community: in normal mode this means around 12-16 clans ( with there being several 'tiers' in this group aswell ), in realistic there are less. To name them, WG have the best players, then come DN, rsk, SadEX... anyone else would probably hit six at best on Blue Ninja's chart.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 01:11:33 pm »
That's the thing. If I was to meet a good clan member it wouldn't matter because they can only play in organised team matches. It isn't really showing their skill real IMO.

Of course I can't really rate myself but I've been playing for a looooooong time and I have gotten very good if I may say it myself. I haven't bothered in trying to join a clan as I don't feel like wasting my time too much on the game.

OBEY!!!

Offline Ciesta

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 01:13:06 pm »

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 01:14:51 pm »
Trust me, it's not about organised matches. Soldat is still a simple, 2D game, and us clanners don't rely on our teammates that much, we're good because we can take on multiple people on our skill level, which means no mercy for a common pubber. There seems to be some mystification on how clan wars go... it's just ctf, with every man for himself, except that you know what to expect from your teammates and it takes much more effort to get the flag than in any public server.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 01:24:59 pm »
I left out the part about noticing players in predator mode. Added it to the chart.

Long ago, my skill level was 6. I blew enemies away, dodged nades, and had the strategic genius to take out the whole team neatly and systematically, and the intuition to pick the route with the least enemy resistance.

Now, thanks to major differences in the soldat versions and my being out of pratice in some REAL servers, my skill level is 3. Sunk like a brick.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 01:42:51 pm »
OK, Demonic. I maybe ain't so good then.

But If you ever feel like taking on a newb then come and ask me ;)

OBEY!!!

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 02:18:31 pm »
I'm probably the 3rd one. You could also have mentioned how long approximately a player should play the game to reach certain level.

Offline Bjarne Betjent

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 02:23:57 pm »
Really nice ranking!
I guess im a lvl 4 guy, or something down there..

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 02:29:50 pm »
Soldat is in it's concept and idea, not a roleplaying game, and it really shouldn't matter how long you should be playing the game to earn some experience points. Experience does not come from time, it comes from the mistakes you made, the mistakes other people made, and the speed of your learning abilities.

So, in theory, a guy who has really quick learning skills and yet never played Soldat in his entire life, picks up the game, learns at a fast pace, he might supposedly reach level six before the year is up.