9 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Veoto  (Read 4807 times)

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
Re: Veoto
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 04:30:27 pm »
I agree Veoto isn't very good. Pretty bad layout and lots of poly bugs, wasn't the best choice for a default map. On the note of the inf map issue. Making a good inf map is really hard, you just can't join the game play it and decide it all depends on your team. If you have a crappy red team the map is going to suck if blue team is crappy it also sucks. inf_Industrial is one of the better maps i think.
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline Akira

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 03:58:23 pm »
The thing that makes them default is the simplicity of what they are. A few parts of land held up with rockspires, with a base at both sides, What else do you want?

-------

Besides, Your maps are rather GENERIC, as far as i can tell they are a bunch of shapes mashed together and then textured and stuff to churn out another so called "original" map that is about as original as final fantasy 50 thousand, or the Xbox 970. What would you want in a default map, You put yourself in a beta testers shoes before saying their decision is completely sheitty.

Generic

Oh, and what would I want in a default map? Waypoints and good gameplay. I don't understand how that's relevant, though.

(Best you'd look at the boldfaced parts of the quote, I had to tell you knowing how stupid you are).

What he is saying is that default maps are default because they are simple, or generic, in another word.
Then he is saying "your maps" are generic and unoriginal, I think.

I think Veoto is a nice map, sure it has a lot of bugs and the visuals are not top, but I like gameplay. The only visual I actually like is the outpost ;)
There are, however, and as posted before, other maps that could, compared to Veoto, easily be considered a spot for being default. So... I think, if Veoto is good enough, there should be some more new map, that are better and look nice and have good gameplay. :)
Mp5 |Akira!.aP

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 12:34:12 am »
What he is saying is that default maps are default because they are simple, or generic, in another word.
Then he is saying "your maps" are generic and unoriginal, I think.
Umm.. Good job.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker