Author Topic: How to save a file as .bot...?  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Sub Zero

• Major(1)
How to save a file as .bot...?
« on: March 01, 2008, 12:47:38 am »
to start off this seems like a really dumb question, but I've followed the format for making a bot (i copied and pasted and filled it out) then tried saving it as .bot like i did to save a file as .ini for a weapon mod, but it's not working at all.  i have loaded other bots using the admin program and put them in a game, but when i try to do the same for this bot it always says it doesn't exist.  It is in the same folder as the other bots that came with the soldatserver263 program, but I have yet been able to add any new bots because i can't save it as a .bot file. 
My process: I type out the bot info a in a notepad document as shown in the stickied post on how to mak a bot the old way, and then hit save as and type in    name.bot  but it wont load.  i also tried the same but without the .bot, but no luck.  any ideas? ???

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: How to save a file as .bot...?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 12:50:56 am »
Your windows is set to hide file extensions and because of that, when you try to save something as .bot, it really saves as .bot.txt

Open a file browser window > Tools > Folder Options > View > Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

I hope that helps.
There are other worlds than these