Likey?

Yey!
18 (78.3%)
Noes!
3 (13%)
Me don't knows.
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Waypointed Maps filter.  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Waypointed Maps filter.
« on: July 18, 2006, 03:02:55 pm »
Just a small feature.

Whenever we feel like playing offline, with bots, we can enable a "Botsupport" filter that only lists maps with waypoints.  Alot of maps in my maps folder do not have waypoints, and it's a pain in the arse to remember which maps do have waypoints and which maps don't.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
Re: Waypointed Maps filter.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 03:05:14 pm »
yeah, but then a mapmaker would just have to stick a coupl waypoints somwhere in the map even if they werent connected and it would show up.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 03:05:20 pm »
im not sure how about you would do this. i dont know where in the hex code it starts waypoints. but im sure mm or anna would know.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 03:56:15 pm »
I like the idea.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 04:09:18 pm »
yeah, but then a mapmaker would just have to stick a coupl waypoints somwhere in the map even if they werent connected and it would show up.

Okay, then impose a 50-waypoint minimum for a map to be recognized by EA's "Botsupport" checkbox. Even the smaller bullet-time maps must have at least 50 waypoints to work properly, or around there.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 05:14:35 pm »
At least 35 Keron. I've made some verrrry simple maps that are fun but only use 35ish waypoints.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline KamikazeDuck

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 05:15:04 pm »
Sounds like a good idea to me, I don't play many custom maps offline because of that reason - not knowing which are waypointed.
JUNGLE | ART | PIRATE | RADIATION | DESERT | UFO

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 05:52:00 pm »
i havent played a game with zombies or anything for a long time, but mabe that is just because i was banned from 4 zombie servers, at the same time.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 02:41:13 am »

...why would anyone do this? What's to gain from pretending your map has waypoints?

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 03:11:24 am »
So their map shows up, even though it achieves nothing?

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 09:48:51 am »
Quote from: Stalky
Quote from: Plonkoon
...why would anyone do this? What's to gain from pretending your map has waypoints?

How about incomplete waypoints? Some old maps were partially waypointed and the bots don't even move a bit.

This idea is retarded! (no offense Eagles_Arrows, you still rock buddy).
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 10:42:32 pm »
well for the people adding waypoints show up...some newbs make ctf maps with no ctf flags so that is kindof the same, anyways wouldnt matter cus most those maps dont be played. but still, in the .PMS file there is no single bit that says if it has waypoints, so this would be a shit to code since you would have to scan through the whole file and look for waypoint script in the file. it would be a slower than hell seach for people with lots of maps and slow comps. but for slower computers, they could just not use this search

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 01:27:54 am »
The ideas good.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 05:32:14 am »
Its good but not really that easy to do, since it would require opening every single map and analyzing it, which would end up with hard drive thrashing.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 11:12:13 am »
^That could be done only when a map is added or modified, since soldat can already tell is a map is the wrong version, this would not be that difficult. Soldat could just compare the the maps with a set of maps from the previous run, which... oh wait. You're right. There's no way to make that fast.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day