Author Topic: The Apocalyptic Soldat (v.1.0)  (Read 9176 times)

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
The Apocalyptic Soldat (v.1.0)
« on: March 08, 2008, 04:02:26 pm »
The Apocalyptic Soldat Mod
By Aarnivalkea

Well, I was finally able to complete the mod. I still need a good shop script and some other minor tweaks, but it's fully playable. Hmm... After such a long time working on it, it feels a little sad to stop... So I won't! Updates keep coming everytime I get good constructive criticism ^^

Story
Year 2016, a full war between the United States and Iraq began. Many other arabic countries supported Iraq by giving humanitary help or joined the war. At one point, a misunderstanding led to a command that involved Spain and France. Both countries got heavy civilian casualties, and UN was forced to intervene. USA and the UN finally beat the Iraqi forces. In silence, the last surviving extreme nationalists decided to avenge their defeat, and gained access to nuclear weapons. Year 2019, world's heaviest explosives were launched and hit different targets around the globe. 73% of the world's surface was radioactive and devastated.

The present day, year 2046, there are no longer different countries, but instead continents work as nations. Australia, as the only place with no geographic casualties from the incident, is given the title of "universal police". The Oceanic army grew and spread around the world to defend civilians and complete different missions. Some Europeans were the target of opression now that the globalisation took place, and demanded a homecountry of their own. The demand was refused, and they flew into devastated cities and radioactive zones to live. They are known as the "Alpha". After using extreme measures to reach their destinations, the Oceanic forces began hunting them down. The Alpha have acquired numerous weapons from dead soldiers and destroyed markets, and are armed and dangerous.

Contains:
- Whole new weapons
- Some new sounds to fit them (searched and found from random sites)
- New Gosteks
- New Interface (need to cut/paste from the mod folder)

Weapons

Induction Rifle
Firepower: Fires two fast beams of energy. Semi-automatic, with a small start-up time.
Description: The Induction Rifle uses a special energy pack and mirror lens system to create and fire dual rays of energy. The electricity is generated by induction. This weapon is very new to the world markets, being the second one to use this form of energy-production.

Leviathan SubMachineGun
Firepower: A regular submachinegun. Good rate of fire, fast reload and medium firepower.
Description: The standard submachinegun used by the Oceanic army worldwide.

Mantis Tactical SubMachineGun
Firepower: Fires accurate and deadly five round bursts.
Description: This advanced weapon does not need to reload like it's predessors 20 years ago. Used for longer range combat, and is just as common as the Leviathan.

Assault Shotgun
Firepower: Capable of dealing death by shooting 8 shotgun rounds in a fast rate.
Description: A more sophisticated version of the old automatic shotguns. Great for assaults and room cleaning. Can be used to fly longer effectively

Predator Mark II
Firepower: Long range shotgun blasts.
Description: Highly specialized units carry the fearsome Predator shotguns. They are capable of causing death at the same range as most machineguns, but are far more effective. If mastered, maybe the deadlies weapon.

Splitter
Firepower: Shoots a concentrated mix of matter and energy.
Description: The ray shot by the Splitter is not bery effective, but very accurate. Go for headshots, and take advantage of the good rate of fire. Used by Riot Officers to suppress resistance from afar.

Disc Thrower
Firepower: Launches Spark Discs, which can then be picked up and re-thrown.
Description: A device created to store and launch the good ol' discs. Very deadly, but not very accurate. Can come in handy for creating multiple discs.

Plasma Rifle
Firepower: Shoots accurately an exploding plasmabullet. Small clip and long reload.
Description: Capable of causing death and devastation from miles away. Not as accurate as the old sniper rifles, but when well aimed, can hit and kill anything. Launching a plasma shot does not create as much noise as a bullet, so it's more silent.

Shredder
Firepower: Astonising rate of fire and average accuracy.
Description: This machinegun rips apart all opposition. Banned in most countries for it's violence, but used by the Alpha. Depletes it's magasine quite fast, but is able to kill entire squads in that time.

Tectonic Missile Launcher
Firepower: Wrecks Havoc
Description: The famous Tectonic Launcher. Shoots a hail of missiles to bring death upon it's enemies. Used to destroy entire buildings, these missiles specialize in causing quakes. Being still while firing is highly recommended!

Porcupine PersonalDefenceWeapon
Firepower: Singe fire, fast fire rate, medium damage and good range. Ideal for last stands.
Description: Used by tank commanders and special personnel. Accurate shooting can stand against stronger weapons.

Spark Disc
Firepower: Generates an electric current when thrown and hits the enemys nerval system with deadly results.
Description: Can be thrown quite far. The blades are sharp and cause damage from close-up hits too.

Energy Projector
Firepower: A concentrated beam of energy, capable of cutting any living tissue.
Description: The third weapon to use the induction energy technique. Used for welding metal doors.

Grenade Launcher
Firepower: Fires explosives that activate on touch.
Description: Firing hand grenade based explosives to mine an area was Alpha's first succesful victory. These mines explode on enemy touch, or after a while of staying on the field. Can be shot through blockers and such, making it an effective weapon for room cleaning from tight spots.

Reaper
Firepower: Big 'n' deadlyrounds, Great rate of fire and good accuracy.
Description: The solid form of Shredder. A Stationary gun used worldwide. 'Nuff said.

The weapons work only in realistic mode at the current state. They are not balanced.

Here's the download link. Sorry for the loading time, MediaFire sux:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4jdzxx59qbs

Enjoy! All criticism is more than welcome ^^

*UPDATE*

I got the server working (changed my router and some other stuff). I'm not rich enough to buy a real server, so it runs on dedicated. I need people to join to test the correct monetary values and the overall gameplay. I'll try to keep it on every now and then.

NAME: (WM) Apocalyptic Soldat
IP: 88.113.6.140
PORT: 23073
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:17:45 am by Aarni Valkea »
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline Meecrob

• Major
  • If god was a banana would jesus be an orange?
    • Mecksicko
Re: The Apocalyptic Soldat (v.1.0)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 11:21:17 pm »
nice work. looks absolutly awesome.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 02:27:34 am »
AWESOME!!! AUSTRALIA IS THE ONLY PLACE IN THE WORLD WITH NO DAMAGE FROM NUKES!!!! YAY!! 

we Australians fecking own.

Player since late 2007

Offline poopdogg

• Camper
  • Graffiti 4 ever
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 02:49:05 am »
best mod ive ever seen .....
nice job ... u really deserve a prize :)

(Sorry if I am unintelligent, since the knowledge I have only comes from a school text book...)

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 04:37:18 am »
wow, the new chainsaw, aka, "energy projector" is really, really, cool. 

but im having trouble :(   only some of the sounds work.  most of the guns have default sounds. what gives?

Player since late 2007

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 04:53:25 am »
Yea, I'm having trouble with them too. The Disc Thrower reload sound seems to jam in place :S

I need someone to help me with audacity ^^

PS: Thanks for your comments :D

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 05:17:25 am »
Great Aarni!
DL's right now!
The most interesting part seems to be the .ini :P

The predator its a little bit odd, too little stock and too long :/

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 05:17:53 am »
This, my friend, is a simply awesome mod. Absolutely love the weapons and the crosshair is damn unique. +1 Karma for you!
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 05:34:31 am »
Thanks NinjaGimp ^^

Hmm, the stock is a bit too short, thou art correct. Goes to change -->

It may seem odd thanks to my attempt of making a digital camo on it ><

Offline Zabijaka

• Soldier
  • Soldat Fan, Hitman Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 06:17:20 am »
I dont like futuristic mods, look not bad, but bullets looks ugly and not all gun sounds be changed.

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 09:35:18 am »
This is awesome! Of course i'm a awesome fan of your aarni! The interface is just so freaking awesome! The guns are smashing, All i can say is wow :D

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 10:29:01 am »
Hmm, I really need someone to work with the sounds. I didn't even bother searching many, since I found out how terrible they sounded like. I PM'd Who Flung Poo, since he was a volunteer last time. Maybe he'll do it.

Coming on the next update:
- Health, Nade, etc Icons
- Graphical tweaks
- Hopefully some new sounds

The list is still open, keep them coming ^^

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 10:40:25 am »
Ok, i done my ingame testing

I really like the TSMG, i think that you souldn't change that one
Fux the sounds and bullets, make alpha transparency ones and sounds more realistic

The gosteks are perfect.

Go Aarni, go! ;D

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 12:05:43 pm »
I tried touching the sounds once, and that was the result. I might not do it in the future ^^

Okay, I'll be honest with this: What are alpha transparent bullets :S I honestly don't have a clue.

100% paint!

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 12:08:38 pm »
Okay, I'll be honest with this: What are alpha transparent bullets :S I honestly don't have a clue.
Photoshop/Gimp stuff. Really tricky if you've never worked with it before. Check out my WIP topic, where Espandon (I think thats his name) gave me some tips on Alpha Transperancy.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 03:53:42 pm »
You could try copy and pasting my name...
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 05:41:45 pm »
It looks nice... not really my kind of thing though.

If I had to nitpick I'd say that "Leviathan" is an inappropriate name for the smallest weapon. "Leviathan" implies a colossal and overwhelming magnitude...
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 06:17:07 pm »
However, reading the description for the Leviathan somewhat justifies it. I guess you could still look at it in an ironic light. If you really wanted to nitpick, then you could say that using "tectonic" really is a poor adjective that doesn't make sense, but who gives?

Mantis is based off someone's P90 eheheh.

Next time you might want to remove your player indicator when you take screenies to mosaic into a montage since it kinda ruins the effect.

Description for the Reaper reads as "solid form of..." I think the word you're looking for is "static" not "solid."

Haven't downloaded it but I'm wondering just how balanced the WM is...
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 06:20:56 pm »
The WM is not very balanced, since this mod is intended to run on a shop script. I've made the pricings and such quite far already.

Leviathan's and Tectonic Launcher's names both have some history, they don't really fit the weapons anymore (note: anymore).

Mantis is based on a P90, but mixed with the weapons from the Aeon Flux movie. You said _someone's_? Actually all my weapons are based on something, you just might not figure them all out ^^

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 06:24:53 pm »
I noticed, but I didn't want to point all of them out in fear that I might be stretching a bit. Names are fine IMO. Anyone who's going to try to force "real, good, believable sci-fi" names on these is just pushing for a mod that they need to do themselves.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 11:34:08 pm »
Sweet, I haven't up to tabs on this mod and I seemed so ecstatic about it originally...I still have the old version of this mod. *updates*

Actually, I did sorta steal your grenade launder weapon.ini originally for my Geekd mod ;), but then re-changed the weapon back to the Law specs. Actually...I forgot to change it in the realistic mode :o. Er, well I think I credited you anyway for the grenade launcher specs. Thanks in advance ;).

I like where this mod has gone. I really screwed up the old weapon.ini's somehow...Off topic. K, I'ma download to check this out. I really like the story on this mod too. Sounds educated. I'm actually learning about the UN and other world governments at the moment (although the UN isn't a government..).

Edit:

Hehehe, actually I did guess at one point that you were going to finish this mod although you originally said you weren't. You seem to be different than most people when it comes to modding. The different isn't extreme but it's enough to make you distinguishable.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:36:33 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Meecrob

• Major
  • If god was a banana would jesus be an orange?
    • Mecksicko
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 05:51:22 am »
haha. i was first to reply, and that makes me full of awesomness. Cant seem to download it though, i think my computer is stuffing up. maybe im downloading too much :)

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 08:24:09 am »
Thanks Blacksheepboy, I was hoping you'd still be around ^^

Feel free to use the grenade launcher specs, I didn't even know it was anything that special. I just like it myself, it's like a more tactical law. I guess I finished this mod because 1. it was and is my favorite project, 2. it combines weapons and story from my own comic which I draw during french classes (that's the long history with the names ;)) and 3. believe it or not, I don't like unfinished projects :D

I'm quite proud of getting "neutral" comments from Espadon, since all comments I had (a long time ago) seen by him were negative. And thanks for your constructive criticism!

PS: When I make an update, should I make a separate download for each new version (meaning you'd download only the new files and replace the old ones) or should I replace the whole mod?

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 04:54:35 pm »
I'm quite proud of getting "neutral" comments from Espadon, since all comments I had (a long time ago) seen by him were negative. And thanks for your constructive criticism!

lol wth.

Generally I think it would be prudent to post up both a new version and a patch for those who have the old version while retaining old versions. But that's just me; I like archives to look back upon.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 08:10:26 am »
I think I finally got my firewall systems bypassed and I was able to host a server for a brief moment. This means I'll setup an Apocalyptic Soldat Server. Who Flung Poo has not yet provided me with the sounds I asked, so there will be no new updates yet.

IP: 88.113.1.150
Port: 23083

The server won't be up often, since I use a dedicated server and my time on a computer is rather limited. People who are interested can check every now and then. It's still a beta, so I won't put a password on it. I don't have much experience on hosting, so there will be problems.

But my point: You can play this mod online!

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 08:37:40 am »
Server don't works, i want play the mod online ;_;

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 08:18:04 am »
Hmm, I thought so. It would've been too good. I thought it worked, since a player called "Wasili" joined for a second.

Anyone with a working dedicated server and a will to host this? :D

EDIT: It does seem to work. I played with a few players today. It seems that it works pretty randomly, or that it allows people from specific areas or connections to join :F

Date Posted: March 30, 2008, 09:51:21 am
*First post updated!*

Offline Stasi

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 01:34:54 pm »
Golly,you are the best dude!