Author Topic: The Apocalyptic Soldat (v.1.0)  (Read 9156 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: The Apocalyptic Soldat (v.1.0)
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 11:34:08 pm »
Sweet, I haven't up to tabs on this mod and I seemed so ecstatic about it originally...I still have the old version of this mod. *updates*

Actually, I did sorta steal your grenade launder weapon.ini originally for my Geekd mod ;), but then re-changed the weapon back to the Law specs. Actually...I forgot to change it in the realistic mode :o. Er, well I think I credited you anyway for the grenade launcher specs. Thanks in advance ;).

I like where this mod has gone. I really screwed up the old weapon.ini's somehow...Off topic. K, I'ma download to check this out. I really like the story on this mod too. Sounds educated. I'm actually learning about the UN and other world governments at the moment (although the UN isn't a government..).

Edit:

Hehehe, actually I did guess at one point that you were going to finish this mod although you originally said you weren't. You seem to be different than most people when it comes to modding. The different isn't extreme but it's enough to make you distinguishable.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:36:33 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Meecrob

• Major
  • If god was a banana would jesus be an orange?
    • Mecksicko
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 05:51:22 am »
haha. i was first to reply, and that makes me full of awesomness. Cant seem to download it though, i think my computer is stuffing up. maybe im downloading too much :)

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 08:24:09 am »
Thanks Blacksheepboy, I was hoping you'd still be around ^^

Feel free to use the grenade launcher specs, I didn't even know it was anything that special. I just like it myself, it's like a more tactical law. I guess I finished this mod because 1. it was and is my favorite project, 2. it combines weapons and story from my own comic which I draw during french classes (that's the long history with the names ;)) and 3. believe it or not, I don't like unfinished projects :D

I'm quite proud of getting "neutral" comments from Espadon, since all comments I had (a long time ago) seen by him were negative. And thanks for your constructive criticism!

PS: When I make an update, should I make a separate download for each new version (meaning you'd download only the new files and replace the old ones) or should I replace the whole mod?
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 04:54:35 pm »
I'm quite proud of getting "neutral" comments from Espadon, since all comments I had (a long time ago) seen by him were negative. And thanks for your constructive criticism!

lol wth.

Generally I think it would be prudent to post up both a new version and a patch for those who have the old version while retaining old versions. But that's just me; I like archives to look back upon.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 08:10:26 am »
I think I finally got my firewall systems bypassed and I was able to host a server for a brief moment. This means I'll setup an Apocalyptic Soldat Server. Who Flung Poo has not yet provided me with the sounds I asked, so there will be no new updates yet.

IP: 88.113.1.150
Port: 23083

The server won't be up often, since I use a dedicated server and my time on a computer is rather limited. People who are interested can check every now and then. It's still a beta, so I won't put a password on it. I don't have much experience on hosting, so there will be problems.

But my point: You can play this mod online!

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 08:37:40 am »
Server don't works, i want play the mod online ;_;

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 08:18:04 am »
Hmm, I thought so. It would've been too good. I thought it worked, since a player called "Wasili" joined for a second.

Anyone with a working dedicated server and a will to host this? :D

EDIT: It does seem to work. I played with a few players today. It seems that it works pretty randomly, or that it allows people from specific areas or connections to join :F

Date Posted: March 30, 2008, 09:51:21 am
*First post updated!*

Offline Stasi

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 01:34:54 pm »
Golly,you are the best dude!