Author Topic: Rolling decreases fall damage  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Rolling decreases fall damage
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 11:53:49 am »
F12. Someone actually survived an airplane crash by bailing out and doing a five-point landing in a field of snow from a mile up and only broke his ankles.

Kind of offtopic but I thought that was pretty cool. unlessitsanurbanlegend
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline TheWind

• Major
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 12:05:55 pm »
Hi!
 I know Ive made a lot of noob suggestions, but I just love soldat, I want to help, any ways,  it may be a good idea that in realistic mod, if you fall and roll you can decrease or nullify the damage, cause many maps, almost all trenchwars maps, doesnt have jets and when a nade, something launches you high in the air, its almost sure you die, because u cant backlflip to break the fall, but maybe rolling you can save your life, what you think?
just make latebackflip...

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 12:12:58 pm »
There are still a lot of people in the soldat world that hasn't learned to late jump yet, and let's just throw this out here for everyone...

How in the hell would you be able to move fast if you kept latejumping all the time? We need rollers.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 12:21:17 pm »
F12 but it still won't be implemented.

See, what you young bucks need to understand is that: You can't roll until you're already on the ground and so you will have already lost the health from reaching the ground before you even roll. So the only real way to do this would be by making roll heal you slightly if done immediately after you begin standing on a polygon.

Problem being that this could be under any multitude of instances. It could lead to bugs and exploits where people can roll to gain health. Really I don't see the point in it since there's already jets you can use to slow descent. Plus the fact that most people won't notice this at all or use it and also because it only applies to realistic mode. So really we're talking about more of a minority of players who would ever make use of it.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 12:24:41 pm »
Really I don't see the point in it since there's already jets you can use to slow descent.

When playing realistic, sound matters. It gives away your position to the enemy. Using jets copiously is like wearing a bullseye on your back. Sometimes when falling I'd rather take the damage than reveal my position.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 12:47:15 pm »
Really I don't see the point in it since there's already jets you can use to slow descent.

When playing realistic, sound matters. It gives away your position to the enemy. Using jets copiously is like wearing a bullseye on your back. Sometimes when falling I'd rather take the damage than reveal my position.

Hence why you fall over your Base, And not over the middle of the map.. With Parachute.
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 01:20:04 pm »
you can do a late backflip.... but that makes you slow, but TW == slow.

Offline th3_troop3r

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 06:47:26 pm »
well, you can do a late backflip when you have already jumped and keep pressing the button, but when someone sends you high in the air with a grenade, etc, you cant backflip and you can't jump in the air, cuz the late backflip is fine when you JUMP from a high distance, but when you not and you're falling, you cant backflip, you know what Im talking about, or I am wrong?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:49:26 pm by th3_troop3r »

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 07:32:16 pm »
well, you can do a late backflip when you have already jumped and keep pressing the button, but when someone sends you high in the air with a grenade, etc, you cant backflip and you can't jump in the air, cuz the late backflip is fine when you JUMP from a high distance, but when you not and you're falling, you cant backflip, you know what Im talking about, or I am wrong?

You're right, But I'll bet half of the people posting in this thread are unrealistic CTF players. :p
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 09:35:06 pm »
F12 but it still won't be implemented.

See, what you young bucks need to understand is that: You can't roll until you're already on the ground and so you will have already lost the health from reaching the ground before you even roll. So the only real way to do this would be by making roll heal you slightly if done immediately after you begin standing on a polygon.

Problem being that this could be under any multitude of instances. It could lead to bugs and exploits where people can roll to gain health. Really I don't see the point in it since there's already jets you can use to slow descent. Plus the fact that most people won't notice this at all or use it and also because it only applies to realistic mode. So really we're talking about more of a minority of players who would ever make use of it.

You could make it so that fall damage is inflicted a split second after landing, and lessened only if they were holding down the roll button. Sure, everyone would start doing just that, but fall damage sucks anyway.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 09:41:46 pm »
Lol It would be to an advantage I guess, If it is possible to do it..

Zero72 doesn't think so at least ;D

F12 Mate, Keep up the ideas who knows what u will think of.

- Jeremy

Offline ZomgProniss

• Camper
  • Known ingame as Proniss
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 12:35:42 am »
and i notesed as long as u dont get blasted down u can use ur jets 4 a quarter of a second even @ termanal volsity (max speed possible by gravity alone) u take vary low damage