Author Topic: A game mode that can be scripted  (Read 1256 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
A game mode that can be scripted
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:42:14 am »
I got an idea for a game mode and I believe it can be scripted. I'll just call it "Humans vs Predator" since I got no better name to give it yet. It would also use weapon mods. This idea is inspired by some game servers such as Toumaz's Fistbox server (I think thats the name right?)

In this game of HvP which is hosted in a CTF or TDM with survival mode turned on, there will be two teams. On the red team (Alpha), will be Humans. The blue team (Bravo) is for the one Predator. The game is quite simple, the Humans will try to kill the Predator, while the Predator hunts the humans one by one using stealth tactics.

Ho do we know who is the predator? At the start of the game, everyone starts as Alpha. Then one user is automatically chosen at random to be the Predator. If not, a player can be voted as the predator.

Weapons:
DEs - Default
MP5 - Default
AK - Default
Aug - Default
Spas - Modified to fireinterval 50, 8 ammo, high enough damage to kill in one shot if all pellets hit point blank.
Ruger - Default
M79 - Default.
Barret - Modified to Reload 90.
Minimi - Default
Minigun - Banned on the server.
Socom - Default
Knife - Default
Saw - Modified to 60 ammo, fireinterval 1.
LAW - Modified to Reload 300

Bow (two options, pick)
1. Modified to kill in 2 or 3 shots. Still has the health regeneration feature. Reload increased to 40.
2. No health regeneration. The rest is the same.

No Flamers.

Humans:
Humans are the ordinary players. They can use any weapon except the bow, spas, barret, M79 and LAW. They can type /bsk to turn on permanent Berserker. This increases damage, but at the cost of being seen with blood flying over you, so you can be seen very easily by the Predator and get shot. To turn off, just type /bsk again.

Predator:
The lone warrior. The Predator have and start with a permanent predator bonus that keeps the predator invisible. The Predator can turn this on or off if he wants by typing /inv (since if you have predator your vision is a little dark, and it is advisable for Preds to keep invisibility on since its a solo vs team game). The Predator can use two primary or two secondary weapons upon spawning within 30 seconds at the spawn point. How? Type /weap <weapon name> .

The Predator can only use the following weapons:
1. Spas
2. Ruger
3. M79
4. Barret
5. Knife
6. Saw
7. LAW
8. Bow (/weap bow)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 01:59:13 pm by STM1993 »

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
Re: A game mode that can be scripted
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 12:02:35 pm »
Already done. Predator Hunt server is running in the lobby somewhere. Just with slight differences.
-=Gradius wuz you=-

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 12:04:39 pm »
Oh so there's a similar game? Didn't know that sorry.

By the way what are the differences?

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 01:25:38 pm »
Only barret and saw for hunters and preds respectively. INF gamemode.
-=Gradius wuz you=-

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 01:28:45 pm »
Lol. You don't mix saw and pred. Ya just don't.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 01:54:43 pm »
Oh, I see.

Lol. You don't mix saw and pred. Ya just don't.

Quite possible against a less observant player. If you are good/fast enough, it can help.

Use your default weapon, then when you are VERY near, you switch to saw, slice, switch back to default weapon, run and hide.