Poll

Would you like an extra taunt set?

Yay
16 (72.7%)
Nay
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: An Extra Taunt Button?  (Read 5345 times)

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
Re: An Extra Taunt Button?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 11:25:03 pm »
What the hell would you need another set of taunts for? You only really need like 11 or 12 keys depending on your taunt set up.

Efc High, mid, low = QWE in that order
Inc High, mid, low = ASD in that order
Ffc High, mid, low = ZXC in that order
Base is hot = 1
Clear = 2
Loose/ Free Flag = 3

All of those taunts are the only ones you really need, and you dont even need the Free flag one, cause you can just type, loose mid.  Also, every single one of those are in  a great position if you use default keys.

Also, with what demonic said. Voice chat is actually a much, much better alternative to an extra set of taunts.  You have much more of an advantage with using voice chat than taunts. Not to mention, a mic costs like, what, 2 dollars nowadays? You can return pop bottles you find in a park and get a mic.

But seriously, how many ctf taunts do you have where you would need an extra set of them? Please explain that to me. Hell I even have some non team chat custom ones for joking around. :/
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline soulblade

• Soldier
Re: An Extra Taunt Button?
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 11:48:07 pm »
So your saying you don't have any taunts for a 4th route?
What about Voland? Cobra? hmm?

Inc Roof, efc Roof, ffc Roof. There goes your 1,2 and 3 keys.
I also have free flag keys 4 -> v

So now we have to reposition your "Base is hot" and "Clear" to other locations on the keyboard not to mention other taunts:

e.g's:

I've got it! (i.e leave it to me)
Flag lost! (i.e their flag is about to be returned).
Wheres our flag?
Wheres their flag?

+Other one off things...like:

I'll take your route this once
Take my route this once
Swap routes with me! i sux ;<

Also with the added taunt set you could be alot more specific without using up all your taunts.
It will allow you to be pretty extensive like:
1->z incoming 1
2->x incoming 2
3->c incoming 3

Anyway if you read the post I said it was a luxury idea, i.e. not something worth doing if its too much hassle, though i doubt it is.

Yes TS is obviously alot better as you can be perfectly accurate about everything however alot of people actually prefer using taunts (I myself lose concentration when i have to think about what i'm gonna say and play at the same time...hey i'm a man! NO MULTI-TASK). Not only that but i hate the friggin whine i get on ts, its easy for one person to get upset or angry because they aren't playing well and start getting all negative...just makes me play worse and angry too ;<.

Just saying if its easy to implement and is pretty useful... why not?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 12:00:21 am by soulblade »