Author Topic: Flag  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Snake

• Soldier
  • Chu Canadien Criss!
Flag
« on: March 19, 2008, 06:19:08 pm »
I know its not that big of a deal but anyways...ya when you throw the flag it doesn't go where you want it to go and sometimes its just simply fecked up. So I think the flag should be like the knife you throw (like smooth) and I dont realy like the jump+crouch key but its not realy worth it do make an other key function for that purpose so maybe if you have any ideas....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:02:47 pm by Snake »

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Re: Flag
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:26:20 pm »
I know.. we must completely re-make the physics of the flag so that it actually does what you would expect it to.  And when you throw it, add in an animation maybe?  however this may affect many climb maps, as to cap on some of them, actually relies on the flag falling down, it may make these maps more difficult, ar even un-cappable.

Player since late 2007

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 11:33:41 pm »
I know.. we must completely re-make the physics of the flag so that it actually does what you would expect it to.  And when you throw it, add in an animation maybe?  however this may affect many climb maps, as to cap on some of them, actually relies on the flag falling down, it may make these maps more difficult, ar even un-cappable.

How about screw climb maps? It's not like they are official or anything.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 12:44:26 am »
ehm. How about when you are holding the flag, your secondary will be the flag, and you can throw it just like a knife, except it will do no damage.

it would be a pretty big disadvantage for the flagger though. but you knew the risks when you jacked the flag so...
Always remember the succubus...

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 10:36:18 am »
i really don't give a crap about throwing the flag, cuz it's not worth it. like what 10% chance to throw in a right way. but snake if your suggestion actually works, i might as well try.
hey how about like in halo, your flag is the weapon, and you just smack them with flag? it's 1~2 hit kill  :P
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Snake

• Soldier
  • Chu Canadien Criss!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 12:07:32 pm »
ehm. How about when you are holding the flag, your secondary will be the flag, and you can throw it just like a knife, except it will do no damage.

Ya I like that but like it could be something like...if you have the M79 and knife and you take the flag and at that moment you have the knife in hand well your M79 goes insted of your secondairy, witch is the knife

hey how about like in halo, your flag is the weapon, and you just smack them with flag? it's 1~2 hit kill :P

ya that could be a possibility

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 02:21:14 pm »
i really don't give a crap about throwing the flag, cuz it's not worth it. like what 10% chance to throw in a right way. but snake if your suggestion actually works, i might as well try.
hey how about like in halo, your flag is the weapon, and you just smack them with flag? it's 1~2 hit kill  :P

you kidding? throwing flag is really really useful. Sure you cannot throw it very far, but its much better than just let it stay there so the enemies will pick it up with no effort whatsoever.

Date Posted: March 21, 2008, 03:19:54 pm
Ya I like that but like it could be something like...if you have the M79 and knife and you take the flag and at that moment you have the knife in hand well your M79 goes insted of your secondairy, witch is the knife

A flag should give the flagger have SOME handicaps..

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 03:23:05 pm »
What?!? why should the flagger have handicaps, no-one would score...
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Snake

• Soldier
  • Chu Canadien Criss!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 04:17:02 pm »

hehe dont think so we'll find a way lol

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 09:20:33 pm »
If I can just see where the flag is going then it'd be good... it's just like bullets and the flamer fires which can't be seen when flying in the air online.

Other than that, I've no complaints. If you want to change the button for throwing the flag, that wouldn't be a bad idea too, I don't like to press those two buttons at once.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 11:42:34 am »
Said the pro...

Flag-throwing is ok... somewhat random but ok.

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 12:27:25 pm »

that would definately work since theres an advanced Meele system in soldat already!

you kidding? throwing flag is really really useful. Sure you cannot throw it very far, but its much better than just let it stay there so the enemies will pick it up with no effort whatsoever.

yeah, what i do is if im low on health and the flag is inside a base, you can grab the flag and run just to the edge and throw it, then shoot and spam nades til you die while a teammate recovers the thrown flag to cap it

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 01:49:48 pm »

the fact that HALO has a ctf mode means that it would still work

Date Posted: March 22, 2008, 02:48:19 pm

that would definately work since theres an advanced Meele system in soldat already!

yeah, what i do is if im low on health and the flag is inside a base, you can grab the flag and run just to the edge and throw it, then shoot and spam nades til you die while a teammate recovers the thrown flag to cap it

even if jst one of these attempts works, the payoff is worth it.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 01:55:02 pm »
i guess i might as well try it when i have the flag
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Banksey

• Major
  • Proud smoker of Marlboro Reds
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 09:53:25 am »
There is a technique to throwing the flag, it doesn't make it perfect but it definetly helps direction and length wise.

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 01:02:11 pm »
There are few techniques of throwing the flag.
Flagthrows are really usefull, if you're good with it(play volleyball, that makes you a perfect flag thrower) you can throw the flag really far(not just few meters, if you're pro, you can throw through whole ctf_Ash, over the buildings, from a flagspawn to the other one) and you success in arround 90% of throws.
Ofcourse, if you're a total noob, you won't see the advantage that flagthrows give you.

Geekier than you!

Offline n0b-

• Soldier
  • Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls
    • Russian Soldat Community Homepage
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 01:07:52 pm »
you can throw through whole ctf_Ash, over the buildings, from a flagspawn to the other one
I request a demo of this.

Offline ViN

• Camper
  • Try, Fail, Repeat.
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 01:12:31 pm »
There you go.
Sonsukka has found that glitch, I won't quote you how to do it, because that would be telling how to abuse one of soldat bugs, but i'll upload two demos of that.
One is sonsukka's(throwing through whole ash and teamworking with his friend to cap)
The second one is what i have made after two minutes of training.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 01:15:02 pm by ViN »

Geekier than you!

Offline Überschall

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 01:13:12 pm »
The flag throwing is rather okay in my opinion. It's not like you're aiming to the left and it flies to the right or something. It's random at times but it's not like the flag needs to be thrown exactely onto the spot in soldat.
"Everyone who casts a shadow seems to stand in the sun" ~Wolfsheim

Offline n0b-

• Soldier
  • Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls
    • Russian Soldat Community Homepage
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 01:22:37 pm »
There you go.
Pretty neat. It's not 'whole ash' but still impressive.