Author Topic: help? :O lol  (Read 1338 times)

Offline HIDDEN

• Major
  • i will hunt you down
help? :O lol
« on: March 20, 2008, 07:12:18 am »
how do you guys make new weapons gfx in photoshop or paint? .. i cant seem to find it out in paint  if you zoom in.. uuhm like the knife.. its 3 pixels high.. so what if you want to make a kunai.. with the round thing on the top.. and how to make it the blade go from large to a small.. like a dagger.. i cant seem to know how to do it...

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: help? :O lol
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 10:44:57 am »
Imagine how big that knife looks in soldat... then you need to figure out the size yours needs to be in proportion to it. Experimenting is the best way to learn.

Kunai knives aren't that big... it's not going to be more than 1 or 2 pixels longer than soldats knife.

Unless... you're talking about weapons for the weapons menu, in that case you need to look in interface-gfx/guns
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline HIDDEN

• Major
  • i will hunt you down
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:28:18 pm »
i know.. lol but i mean.. how do poeple get there guns so detailed? :S if only got 3x5 pixels..

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 06:22:29 pm »
Are you talking about the weapon-gfx or the interface weapons?

weapon-gfx (the weapon which your soldier holds and uses)

interface weapons (the weapons in the menu)

They are different files. The interface ones are much bigger and allow for detail.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline HIDDEN

• Major
  • i will hunt you down
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 03:36:34 am »
im talking about the weapon gfx's... for me its to small to work with.. do you guys use a special techniek or something.. look at the knife its 3 pixels high and around 5 a 6 pixels width.. how can you make a proper detailed knife in that? :O lol

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 05:53:53 am »
Learn to Generalise the details by few pixels more or smaller, also save general design by good colors choice.

Offline Smiechu

• Major
  • Hey! It's Gandalf!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 01:11:51 pm »
Making Weapons-gfx is a piece of cake, easy and cool.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 01:54:44 pm »
If you click right below the "8x" and inside the label zoom you get x10 zoom in MS Paint.