Author Topic: *The Predator Hunt Mod* servers  (Read 12826 times)

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
*The Predator Hunt Mod* servers
« on: March 20, 2008, 12:41:53 pm »
Infiltration. Alpha has infinite pred. on, can use only chainsaws and each minute one of these predators are given a bomb- they can use it by stepping on the ground, typing /bomb to place it and repeating /bomb to detonate it at will. Their objective is to capture the black flag and bring it onto the white flag. When they kill an enemy with their saw they automatically have 40% of their hp left which means they are a bit visible because they start bleeding until they get their next round of predator boxes (every 15 seconds)

the server addresses have changed to:

soldat://82.118.210.17:23072

and

soldat://82.118.210.17:23071

Bravo on the other hand is completely visible and can use only barretts to kill the predators. These hunters have modified barretts- they have six bullets, reduced bink and movement penalty, a bit less startuptime and tripled damage. Their objective is to seek out and destroy the predators by listening and looking around carefully.
The scripting of this gamemode was done by danmer
Everything else by ViGGoLoNiGGoLo.

Irc channel: #soldat.pred

the server addresses have changed to:

soldat://82.118.210.17:23072

and

soldat://82.118.210.17:23071

Hosted by Blah & danmer
Here are the current official Predator Mod mapslist:

Loads of credit must go to the original creators of layouts. The only stuff that I did was modify them to become more suitable for predmod. Use them as you wish.

Inf_Hunt (Anal Raider's inf_cliff2)

Inf_Prey (inf_the_bunker)

Inf_Chase (Rambo 6's inf_lighthouse)

Inf_Wrapz (INFMS's inf_ms_wrapz)

Inf_Ponuland (inf_ponutehdas)

Inf_Cavern (remake of inf_cliff2 which was originally made by Anal-Raider)

Inf_1960 (remake of Interruptman's inf_Cyrenaika)

Inf_Gaul (Anal Raider's inf_AR-Sneek)

inf_Boiler (mine)

inf_Pain(mine)

D/L is in the attachment as I have no place to permanently upload files

DOWNLOAD

All mappers that have made the original maps- great thanks to them for their layout. As you might have noticed- they are now heavily scenerized with all sorts of different scenery. That is for providing more cover for the somewhat invisible predators. Modified maps made by ViGGoLoNiGGoLo

EDIT: Me and danmer had a discussion about what else should be implemented into the predmod and I came up with a radar function for bravo and a meat diversion for alpha.
the radar: The radar is a thingy that shows the Bravo team how many predators are near the black flag. Like this: There are 2 predators near the flag. When the black flag is captured, the radar stops functioning until the flag is returned to its starting position.

/meat: alpha summons two or three inf. pred. dummy bots to idle where the alpha is standing. /meat again to blow the barstewards to little pieces of meat that scatter around the place leaving a bloody massacre around letting the predators create a diversion that distracts the bravo hunters. Quite effective.

/bomb: currently /bomb is an alphas weapon. /bomb places the bomb where the predator is standing. When a Bravo player steps on it, he gets blown up into pieces. The bomb is given every 60 seconds to one random predator. We're thinking of changing the bomb to a landmine- I agreed with danmer on that idea. He is currently scripting his arse off.
I'm fixing the maps a bit more and finishing up with the Ponutehdas ripoff.

The basics and strategies [version 1.0]

Alpha team:
Alpha team = Predators

Alpha team’s only weapons are the chainsaw and the landmine (for now)
A Predator, when eliminated an enemy, automatically loses 60% of his health, gets covered in blood,  thus becoming rather visible. If a predator smites more opponents than one, he doesn’t lose 60 more percent of his health, but it still keeps  40hp which means it is possible to kill as many opponents as possible without fear of dying from the “Alpha Chainsaw  Penalty”. However, by killing a lot, the killer Predator is more vulnerable to enemy fire since the blood splatters that become visible to the enemies make the Alpha player a walking bulls-eye. The lost health is replenished after a certain amount of time when the next invisibility package is given to the Alpha players.
The alpha team should never go for the flag alone.  The best choice would be to go as a 2-4 person team, where the leading one tries to eliminate as many enemies as possible and by doing so, distracts the foes and lets his teammates pass undetected. If the enemy respawns very fast, the second teammate should use the same tactic as the first one did by sacrificing himself in order to win the round. When the survivors have reached the vicinity of the black flag, they shouldn’t rush for it all together, but only one should capture it, because the bravo team has a radar which indicates how many enemies are there at the desired flag. So in order to confuse the opponents, one alpha predator should capture the objective and throw it to his teammates that are waiting for him behind. That is a good thing to do because as soon as the flag gets captured, the bravo radar stops functioning and that means they can’t determine how many enemies are there in their base. That is a great opportunity for alpha to go and score, because the one that gets the thrown flag starts running back to his base while his teammates rip the bravo team in pieces, since their full attention is on the escaping flag carrier and the others remain unspotted.
Attacking one enemy in groups is also a good way to take him down, because Hunters have very long fire-intervals and reloads, so they can’t take out over one Predator at a time (without luck of course- Bravo bullets pierce Alpha players’ corpses and still remain deadly until becoming completely immobile). Bravo players also have only five bullets which means they don’t have the opportunity to shoot when and where they want to.
As most of you all who have played as Predators know, the Alpha team has landmines. They are given to one random person every sixty seconds if it has been placed somewhere. If the landmine has not been placed anywhere, it will take a bit more time before the bomb is given to someone else. The landmine should be used wisely. Planting it somewhere in your spawnpoint or in remote areas wouldn’t be useful, the best places to plant it would be in a place, which is the most used by the enemy. Preferably in the middle of the map, because placing it too close to their own base would turn out to be useless- they will respawn very fast and kill you for it. Placing the bomb onto the objective is also rather pointless because those bases are close to bravo respawn points. Planting the landmines in places that are very often used as camping spots by enemies are very good places to put them.
While playing as a Predator it is not recommended to use jets unless it is a necessity. Jets can be easily seen and heard by the opponents and that is the last thing a predator would want.
The Predators are not completely invisible- approximately 5% is still visible- appear as shadows.
Hunters can hear your footsteps and movement when in normal, prone or crouch position on certain “steps enabled” maps. On “steps disabled” maps Hunters can hear your footsteps and movement in prone an crouch positions. Running at full speed is not recommended, because it is easier for enemies to spot a Predator that way- footsteps + a visible fast-paced shadow.

Using a lot of backflip techniques is a good way for Predators to dodge enemy fire. Crouching is also quite an effective way of dodging enemy bullets, but not as good as being in prone position. As soon as you, as a Predator, think you have been detected, get into prone position as quickly as possible, because the enemy will try to shoot you down without hesitation.
Predators are most vulnerable when in air, because they contrast with the sky and can’t change their movement speed that is why they should avoid being airborne for too long.
*Doing the /mercy bloodbug is a fine way to distract enemy snipers- especially when spinning the crosshair around.*
*The infinite chainsaw dropping bug is also a good (but annoying) way to distract the Hunters.*
Each Alpha player can use the /homo command once per map to distract the opponents with random insulting text (it can be used for an unlimited number of times by admins).
The objective of Predators is to capture the black flag and to bring it back to their base, not to kill Hunters.
Alpha players can knock Bravo players’ rifles out of their hands by punching.
Bravo team:
Bravo team= Hunters

The best tactic for Bravo is to form two-member parties and move out while one of the two-member parties must stay in their base. Why two-member parties? Because if your fellow companion gets annihilated- you, playing as a Hunter, can avenge his death until he comes back to your aid. If you get killed- he would avenge your death too and then wait for you.

Hunter party should let one of the members go forward first and the other one should cover his back. Moving out together would be suicide.
When a Hunter stays behind another teammate, his bullets might get blocked by his body so staying too close to a team member is ineffective. Best to stay a couple of steps away just in case.
When there are more than one enemy at the flag (the radar will tell), Hunters should move out to the white flag to block the flag carriers  escape path.
Running about aimlessly is suicide for Bravo, because it is extremely difficult to spot enemies while moving. That is exactly why Bravo team is a campers team.
The Barretts have scopes, Hunters should use them very often to spot enemies from a distance.
Picking up the chainsaws dropped by Predators automatically gives the Hunter a fully reloaded Sniper rifle.
Killing an ordinary Predator with a Barrett shot gives the killer +1 ammo and eliminating the flag carrier +2 ammo.
The Hunters have no Bink and no Movement accuracy penalties and a very fast bullet, which means that wherever the Hunter is aiming- the bullet will hit the target.
The Predators won’t attack you until they are sure that you can’t see them. The Hunter can take advantage of this- intentionally turning the barrett barrel the other way from where the Predator is hiding himself- the Alpha player will approach you and as soon as he is in the line of fire, the best thing to do would be to turn the barrel the other way and bang- kill the enemy. The attacker probably won’t understand a thing.
Picking up a teammates barrett from the ground gives the picker a second rifle. It is very advantageous in case there are two enemies incoming. Picking up a chainsaw just replaces the previous rifle with a new one that has a full magazine.
Having one suicide runner is good for the Bravo team because his death will reveal the positions of incoming Predators and also detonate landmines. It is also possible that the Predators will chase after him instead of completing their main objective- capturing the black flag.
If a Predator knocks a Hunters rifle out of his hands and then picks it up thus disarming the Bravo player- the best solution for the Hunter would be to perform /kill.
The best defense for Bravo would be to cover all possible tunnels that Alpha players might come from, not defend one tunnel with all the teammates- some foe could always sneak up from behind.
The objective of the Bravo team is to defend the black flag from Alpha team Predators, not to run aimlessly around.
When the flag is captured- the radar stops working, but when the flag is returned back to its position- the radar start working again. In case the flag is in position, but the radar works as if it has been captured- it means it either really is captured by the enemy or it is bugging and it should be re-returned.  Bravos can re-return the black flag by punching it out of base and then stepping onto it.
When a Hunter spots an enemy, but gets killed- he should inform his teammates of an incoming danger.

[Written by vig]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:28:10 pm by Horve »

Offline subsmalls

• Major(1)
  • AKA Lt. Capt.
Re: *The Predator Hunt Mod* servers
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 12:06:01 am »
Great server, I was actually trying to do one similar.  I'm not sure why no ones ever on though, its pretty fun.  Lots of lag though, where's it based?
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 09:36:17 am »
Yea I've been there a few times and it was fun. But dude this thread just raped my internet in the ass lol.

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 05:38:38 pm »
i wouldn't recommend playing at lemonserv until some certain issues are fixed.
cf.dy.fi:23072 should have quite a low ping for most people (unless you live on the other side of the globe :) )

Date Posted: March 21, 2008, 06:36:55 pm
k, the second server should work better now, but it can still lag from time to time. Please throw something at me if you have complaints

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 06:00:52 pm »
i wouldn't recommend playing at lemonserv until some certain issues are fixed.
cf.dy.fi:23072 should have quite a low ping for most people (unless you live on the other side of the globe :) )

Date Posted: March 21, 2008, 06:36:55 pm
k, the second server should work better now, but it can still lag from time to time. Please throw something at me if you have complaints

lethal or non-lethal objects?

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 06:03:08 pm »
lethal or non-lethal objects?
depends if they're edible

Offline Duck Boi

• Soldier
  • ('')('_')('')
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 06:20:22 pm »
I recommend this, it's a quite a bit of fun ;)
And can be quite challenging

Offline subsmalls

• Major(1)
  • AKA Lt. Capt.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 08:18:35 pm »
Map pack?
He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 09:51:51 am »
you can download the maps from the server(s)
or soon from the Predator Mod forums too. Nowhere else- not officially that is.

Offline subsmalls

• Major(1)
  • AKA Lt. Capt.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 02:31:23 pm »
Ok, was just wondering because some of them take awhile to download from the server, and I play on different computers everyday.

Date Posted: March 27, 2008, 03:29:27 pm
Is there a link to the forum, I looked but didn't see one.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:47:37 pm by subsmalls »

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 04:34:20 pm »
the forum isn't ready yet, when it'll be ready, the links to both, website and forum will be added to the main post.

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 05:14:12 pm »
the forum's up http://www.predmod.co.nr/forum

* throws a post editing device at Horve

Offline Mercury92

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 10:15:02 am »
All is taken from Hide n Seek mod.
[saw]  on 1.5.1

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 10:32:06 am »
link?

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 10:40:11 am »

Hide n Seek mod was created by me, but never released- years ago too btw.
Proof is here
scroll  down and you will find VI.hns_adonis Read the text there. The pics disappeared because of bandwidth.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:03:46 pm by Horve »

Offline Mercury92

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 11:35:19 am »
Maybe it was made later, Its similar to this mod. Don't take it seriously ;). There is no link, It was never released.
[saw]  on 1.5.1

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 02:39:01 pm »

Hide n Seek mod was created by me, but never released years ago too btw.
Proof is here
scroll  down and you will find VI.hns_adonis Read the text there. The pics disappeared because of bandwidth.
Many mods were remade without ever knowing that other mods were made that are very similar. For example, there are 4 different versions of king of the hill... 2 by me, one unique one b4 scripting (capping flag over and over for points), and another tourny thing.

El_Spec

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 06:45:33 pm »
This server is so much fun.  Playing hear for a while.  It's difficult for Alpha though, a little too difficult.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 12:14:10 am »
True, the Hunters have a slight advantage. But I think it's good enough. This is best played if there is alot of people, it's not going to work if there are very few people playing the game.

Great mod! I gotta admit I love it even though my ping to the server is really bad (400+)

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 03:51:23 am »
Actually I think you noticed that its extremely hard at the beginning, especially to breach the defenses of bravo, but as soon as someone captures their flag- its over for them. They run around in disarray, don't notice anyone except for the flagger and even if they do stop the flagrunner, other predators are already sitting in their base.