Author Topic: NoobLottery v1.1  (Read 10454 times)

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
NoobLottery v1.1
« on: March 21, 2008, 05:09:50 pm »
Script Name:  NoobLottery v1.1
Script Description: Filters out words like 'noob' and gives the player a chance to get muted or even banned for a certain amount of time
Original Author(s): JFK
Core Version: 2.6.3

code

This version of the script uses two text-files in which most of the regular expressions are stored. One of the files contains expressions for all the letters, their 1337 substitutes and a compilation of punctual characters that can interrupt the words (including spaces!). The second file contains exceptions which will be filtered out of the text before checking it for 'banned' words. See the code for more information.

This script needs the XtraCommands script to run properly.

Fixed in 1.1:
-Some bug from the RegularExpression functions. It seems that if you use complex expressions, the possibility exist that you 'overload' the functions. I think it has something to do with a short of memory, but no error message is given. A few extra simpler expressions have been added to make sure that overloading does not occur anymore. If it does (the server crashes and can't be restarted through ARSSE), please contact me.

Thanks to:
KeyDon - for Xsplit
Boblekonvolutt - for his help here on the forums

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 03:53:21 pm by JFK »
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline mikembm

• Soldier
Re: NoobLottery (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:41:14 pm »
Hey no problem there man - My scripts are not only to use but to learn from for people who want to.

Offline Bloo

• Soldier
  • Yellow
    • BlueMutiny.com
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 03:55:49 pm »
This script is kind of horrid for the average player. I can see why you'd want it, but it's way too sensitive.

Example: I was team-chatting to a friend and I jokingly called him a fag - I got a warning. Next I was jetting with the flag above the map (Forget the name - It's the one where you can jet straight out of the base over some grass bits that kill you,) and some twit from my team above me m79'd me into the grass bits, so I team-chatted 'noob' - Nothing more, nothing less.

So I get a three minute mute - Which lasted the whole game and into the next - Which I got bored with and left. I'm now banned.

Good intent, bad implementation and too buggy to be used mainstream right now.

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 09:37:32 pm »
Thanks for reporting a bug, you're the first. I don't see any scripts-bans in the banlist, so if you're still banned or muted please pm you're ip address to me, here or on EliteCTF.com and i'll unban you.
It could be that the script quit or i was recompiling while you were muted. In that case the script forgets all muted slots and won't unmute you. However you shouldn't been banned then either, so i will look in to this.

For the record, there are no warnings in the script, it's a lottery so all is random.

Offline Ippo

• Major(1)
    • My clan Mr's homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 02:40:25 pm »
Cool script man! ;D

Offline Ariakas

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 01:50:48 am »
JFK
Fúck YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I Hate Your fúcking Fággot SCRIPT FOR NIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF! THAT SCRIPT SUCKS!!!! (TOO MUCH) SUCK MY DICK fúcking GAY SCRIPTER!

PD: fúck you :D

Offline Mr

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »
scripting should be respected, or do it better Ariakas. But i dont like such filer scripts ... if someone calls another noob, he just did it ... and now? yes, nothing.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 03:50:19 pm »
JFK
Fúck YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I Hate Your fúcking Fággot SCRIPT FOR NIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF! THAT SCRIPT SUCKS!!!! (TOO MUCH) SUCK MY DICK fúcking GAY SCRIPTER!

Two warnings for this post.

Offline MY_FIREMAN_IS_HUGE

• Soldier
  • Fags.
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 03:51:45 am »
Ummm no offence I don't really like your script, pissed me off when I said n00b to a friend :P
Like it would help... there's about like 1,000 more immature people that find other ways...This things pointless in my eyes  :-\.
In Russia, Car drive you.  [AUG] + [DE]

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 03:58:08 am »
JFK, It would be nicer if you had added warnings, because I want to say noob occasionally because there are people who act like complete noobs on your servers. Maybe 1 or 2 warnings?
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 06:58:16 am »
Ummm no offence I don't really like your script, pissed me off when I said n00b to a friend :P
Like it would help... there's about like 1,000 more immature people that find other ways...This things pointless in my eyes  :-\.

Soon i will upgrade my script and make sure that finding other ways will be really hard (mhuahahahaaa). As for you, try to call your friend something else :) or use n**b, that wont be a problem. And sorry i had to piss you off.

JFK, It would be nicer if you had added warnings, because I want to say noob occasionally because there are people
who act like complete noobs on your servers. Maybe 1 or 2 warnings?

If i read your post well, it looks like you want a warning or two so you can say 'noob'.. tututut.. that's not the idea here :p
I'd like to add that the lottery is kinda meant as a funny joke. If i'd really wanted to stop people say 'noob' then i would have muted them always, and make some cumulative script.
If the lottery helps bringing down the 'noobness' of the server, that would be a nice side-effect, however that does not seem to be the case... unfortunately. We'll see, maybe after the upgrade.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 05:05:07 pm »
JFK, It would be nicer if you had added warnings, because I want to say noob occasionally because there are people
who act like complete noobs on your servers. Maybe 1 or 2 warnings?

If i read your post well, it looks like you want a warning or two so you can say 'noob'.. tututut.. that's not the idea here :p
I'd like to add that the lottery is kinda meant as a funny joke. If i'd really wanted to stop people say 'noob' then i would have muted them always, and make some cumulative script.
If the lottery helps bringing down the 'noobness' of the server, that would be a nice side-effect, however that does not seem to be the case... unfortunately. We'll see, maybe after the upgrade.

Hmm, I knew it was a joke. But you have to make some exceptions. I got another idea, i dunno if youll like it or not.

For example JFK (Example right???) had received a 5 minute mute, and its time was up. He just starts spamming noob and gets another mute. Yet this time, he spams with Taunts, and coming out (Muted). You could say like about after 15 (Muted) spams, that person is kicked, or if he gets muted again he gets kicked.

This suggestion is kinda to stop the noob spammers though.

Offline Sorry-UnBanMe-Plz!

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 04:37:12 am »
JFK, Sorry I,m Really Sorry I Never Wont Say That, I Just Hate The Script... But I Wanna Be Un-Banned From Soldat T-T I Love This Game!!! It's Really FUN! Please! I Wanna Play!!! Sorry :( I Really Really Really Really Really Wanna Play Soldat Again!!! I Can't Live Without Soldat!! FliesLikeABrick, Please Un-BAN Me Please I Really So Sorry! I Wanna Play Again I Can't PLAY MY FAVORITE GAME!!! T.T Please I'm SORRY!

Offline Boblekonvolutt

• Soldier
  • "YOU are a CAR."
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 10:38:31 am »
You know, this is Soldat forums. Not the game...

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 03:28:08 pm »
You know, this is Soldat forums. Not the game...
IP Banned, this is the only place he can ask for unbannment. But this isnt the place, he should PM Michal or Email him.

Offline Grim Killer

• Major(1)
  • Alt + F4 for win.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 04:08:03 pm »
A  suggestion-

1. No tempban for muted players who are forced to leave due to not having a map (Like a game ending and you don't have the next map, so you're sent to the lobby).

And another thing, why does "|_____|_| |___|\_/|_|___|  |_____|___|_|_|_|_|___|_|  "
activate the noob lottery?
Shankie Shankie

Me 94                                            You 0

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 06:37:19 pm »
JFK, Sorry I,m Really Sorry I Never Wont.. etc
Oo what the heck was that?

A  suggestion-

1. No tempban for muted players who are forced to leave due to not having a map (Like a game ending and you don't have the next map, so you're sent to the lobby).

And another thing, why does "|_____|_| |___|\_/|_|___|  |_____|___|_|_|_|_|___|_|  "
activate the noob lottery?

Great suggestion, Although im not really sure how to implement it yet, because it is a combination events: OnMapChange and OnLeaveGame and maybe even OnFlagScore and something in AppOnIdle that will keep track of the time left. Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

About the combination of characters. I use RegExp to filter out the characters. In Saw&Law i am experimenting with filtering out leet-speak. I haven't really mastered the pascal version of RegExp yet so |\_/| is unfortunately a combination that will trigger the lottery. It will be some time before i totally update my script, but i will add an exception especially for your taunt immediately, since you gave such a nice suggestion :)

Offline Hershey

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 07:07:23 pm »
JFK

Learn to spell before insulting...

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
Re: NoobLottery v1.0
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 08:22:00 pm »
Updated  ;D

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
Re: NoobLottery v1.1
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 05:11:11 am »
I searched Scripting Releases for "filter" and found jrgp's badword filter, which didn't have integration of RegExpMatch

My idea was to create a filter script for TWO purposes.

1) To filter certain words from chat, obvious obscenities e.g. cum bitch hacker etc, using a similar regexpmatch filter

2) To use the exact same filter, and call it OnPlayerJoin and check if their lowercase name contained any of the array data, and boot people for having bad names.

I saw the script made so don't want to 'steal' it, and I would rather suggest it to be made as it wouldn't be difficult to implement and most of the work is already accomplished with this script.

Good idea? Totally. I got annoyed by fucktards joining with the name "cumguzzler69"