Author Topic: NoobLottery v1.1  (Read 10457 times)

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Re: NoobLottery v1.1
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 05:37:03 am »
Dude, if people were angry at each other for writing similar scripts then I suppose all the zombie mode creators would've started zombie apocalypse by now.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline -Bendarr-

• Soldier
Re: NoobLottery v1.1
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 06:05:00 am »
Dude, if people were angry at each other for writing similar scripts then I suppose all the zombie mode creators would've started zombie apocalypse by now.

I searched Scripting Releases for "filter" and found jrgp's badword filter, which didn't have integration of RegExpMatch

My idea was to create a filter script for TWO purposes.

1) To filter certain words from chat, obvious obscenities e.g. cum bitch hacker etc, using a similar regexpmatch filter

2) To use the exact same filter, and call it OnPlayerJoin and check if their lowercase name contained any of the array data, and boot people for having bad names.

I saw the script made so don't want to 'steal' it, and I would rather suggest it to be made as it wouldn't be difficult to implement and most of the work is already accomplished with this script.

Good idea? Totally. I got annoyed by fucktards joining with the name "cumguzzler69"

It's more about the fact that most of its already done it would just be a matter of implementing the same thing into OnPlayerJoin as well lol, and to not want to 'steal the glory' if it gets used by any servers.